Rollers resemble larger-sized Latchers. Unlike their smaller counterpart, Rollers will jump at players with hidden blades extended, staggering them and will continue to attack the player until they are destroyed. Rollers are sent as a syndicate death squad by Steel Meridian.
- Their primary damage appears to be Slash damage.
- Care should be taken to destroy these on Grineer defense missions. While you focus on the Grineer, the Rollers might change targets to the generator at which point they will seem to "stick" to it, not rolling or moving but rapidly depleting its health and shields making it much easier for other Grineer to damage it. In such a situation, they may be extremely difficult to hit with a ranged weapon. Using a melee weapon's AoE jump attack or a damaging AoE ability like Saryn's Miasma and Ember's Fire Blast can solve this.
- Placing Vauban 's Tesla in the surrounding areas or on players can help protect against roller attacks.
- A sentinel with a well equipped Sweeper weapon, can dispatch these easily before you are staggered.
- The codex entry for this enemy is easily completed fighting Kela De Thaym, who is spawning an endless amount of them
- Parrying will not prevent the staggering effect.
- Rollers also have a small chance to deal Slash damage.
- Currently they can get stuck and spin in place for extended periods of time before continuing to chase their target.
- Rollers were first introduced in update 6.
- Prior to update 11 they were smaller and have the ability to stun players.
- They were initially smaller and named "Grinders" when first released.
- The Grineer Roller is one of the few enemy types to have proper capitalization in its name in-game, rather than the usual all capitals.
- Rollers are the enemy which polarizes the playerbase the most, with lots of negative reactions. Alternatively referred to as "Trollers."
- While Rollers are made of metal (visually), if they are being destroyed by Banshee's Sonic Boom or Rhino's Rhino Charge, a sound of flesh explosion, flying hands and legs may come out. Possibly a bug. This has been fixed in Update 11.?, as DE claims that now Rollers are now Robotic - no more fleshy Grineer inside!
- Rollers no longer spawn in Grineer Settlements as of Update 9.5.3.
- The Roller's extendable blades use the same super-heated ceramic surface of the Machete and Dual Cleavers.
- On Halloween of Update 10.6, the model of the Roller is replaced by an angry pumpkin with a glowing orange light inside.
- This pumpkin model is static and does not change its shape when moving.