Surges nearby Rift-bound enemies with Rift energy. When killed the Rift Surge is transferred to a nearby enemy outside the rift. Surged enemies that leave the Rift perform a radial Banish.
|Duration:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 s (surge duration)|
6 / 10 / 14 / 18 s (banish duration)
|Range:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 m (surge & transfer range)|
3 / 4 / 4 / 5 m (banish radius)
|Misc:300 (Rift transitional damage)|
- Limbo produces a surge of Rift energy in a 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters radius around him, charging all Rift-bound enemies in range for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds. Surged enemies that leave the Rift plane will discharge their Rift energy, ending their surge and resulting in a radial banishment; the enemy whose surge is discharged from and any material-bound enemies within 3 / 4 / 4 / 5 meters are forced into the Rift plane for 6 / 10 / 14 / 18 seconds.
- Killing a surged enemy will transfer its charge to a nearby enemy within 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters in the material plane. Enemies banished by the effect of Rift Surge will be knocked-down and take 300 Impact transitional damage upon entering or leaving the Rift plane.
- Surge transfer range is affected by Ability Range.
- Rift transitional damage is not affected by mods.
- Limbo does not need to be in any particular plane to activate Rift Surge, but at least one enemy must be in the Rift and within range to cast it.
- Cannot be recast unless an unaffected enemy enters the Rift and comes within cast range.
- For more information on Rift-related attributes, see the Rift Plane mechanic.
- Main article: Rift Torrent
- Rift Surge is designed to keep enemies sealed inside the Rift by extending their Banish duration, as well as provide a way for Limbo to bring new enemies into the Rift without endangering himself by returning to the material plane.
- The following techniques and occurrences can trigger Rift Surge's banish effect on charged enemies:
- Recast Banish on banished enemies, causing them to momentarily leave the Rift plane.
- Banish's debuff duration ends on affected enemies.
- Rift Surge's banish debuff duration ends.
- Detonating Cataclysm to expose enemies inside it to the material plane.
- Enemies exiting Cataclysm by moving through its boundaries.
- Casting Banish on a surged enemy in the Rift will allow you to take nearby enemies into the Rift as well, instead of having to exit the Rift or cast Cataclysm.
- It's usually beneficial to have Stasis active before new enemies come in, so that you don't take unnecessary damage from the newly banished enemies.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases surge duration to 76.5 seconds and banish duration to 55.08 seconds.
- Reduces surge range to 8.5 meters and banish radius to 1.7 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 12.5 energy.
- Reduces surge duration to 10 seconds and banish duration to 7.2 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases surge range to 70 meters and banish radius to 14 meters.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Strength has no positive effects on this ability.
- Increases cost to 77.5 energy.
- Reduces surge duration to 18.13 seconds and banish duration to 13.05 seconds.