Release Date: October 25th, 2012
Rhino is a heavily armored Warframe with the strength and fortitude of his reckless, stampeding namesake. Rhino trades speed for power and is designed to fill the tank role in a cell, with the capability to charge into the fray, draw enemy fire, and bend the battlefield to his will through sheer brute force.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: 375||Blueprint Price: 35,000|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
AcquisitionRhino's component blueprints are acquired from Jackal (Fossa, Venus).
|Chassis Blueprint||38.72%||6 – 7||27 ± 9|
Expected refers to total number of runs a player can expect to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of runs a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained visit here.
- "The Profit" trailer showcases the release of Warframe on the PS4 and includes Rhino as one of the screen-time characters in the plot. The trailer shows him punching his enemies without weapons, dealing tremendous damage. He is also shown not carrying any melee weapon.
- Rhino is the fifth Frame to have a Prime, after Excalibur, Frost, Mag, and Ember.
- Prior to Update 19.13, Rhino required Mastery Rank 2 to build.
“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”The Void Relics for this item have been removed from the drop tables at this time and are no longer available.
Release Date: March 5th, 2014
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprint Price: N/A|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
Lith/Meso/Neo/Axi refer to Void Relics
(V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics
(B) Denotes Baro Ki'Teer Exclusive Void Relic
- Rhino Prime, compared to Rhino:
- As a Prime Warframe, Rhino Prime possesses a special passive ability where contact with an Orokin Void Death Orb will make them release an energy pulse that grants 250 Energy to all nearby allies. This effect can only occur once per Death Orb, and can occur even if the Death Orb has been previously destroyed.
- It's speculated the two men in Rhino Prime's codex entry, Davis and the person accounting the event, were researchers during the Orokin era working on the creation of Rhino.
- Rhino Prime was the first Prime Warframe to have an ability's effects modified compared to his unprimed counterpart. In this case, Iron Skin appears to cover more of his body, and has a much smoother texture, lacking the rock-like clusters seen on the unprimed Rhino's Iron Skin.
- Up until Hotfix 18.10.6, Rhino Prime's Iron Skin was also gold in color instead of the unprimed Rhino's grey color. It is now affected by Rhino Prime's chosen accent color.
- In addition, Iron Skin has a visual effect of degrading as it wears off, shown in the patches of the Warframe's base colour that will seep through.
- Rhino Prime was the first prime Warframe with a non-static model, the second being Nova Prime, with what appears to be a continuously-moving golden wind-up key on his back.
- Rhino Prime is the first Prime that went against previous statements from Digital Extremes that Primes would not be any better stat-wise; Rhino Prime possesses an armor and sprint speed increase.
- The speed increase has a noticeable in-game effect, especially if the Arcane Vanguard Rhino Helmet is used.
- On February 9th, 2016, it was announced that Rhino Prime would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on February 16th, 2016. Any preexisting components or fully-built frames will remain as is.
- Rhino Prime along with Boar Prime, Dakra Prime, Mag Prime, Ankyros Prime, and Boltor Prime, was again accessible from June 27th, 2017 to August 1st, 2017.
- Rhino Prime resurfaced from the Prime Vault, along with Nyx Prime, Boltor Prime, Scindo Prime, Hikou Prime, and Ankyros Prime, and was accessible from July 24th, 2018 to September 25th, 2018. He resurfaced again together with the same line-up from July 16th, 2019 to September 3rd, 2019.
- Prime, the Orokin enhancement to a Warframe or weapon.
Rhino charges towards a target, clobbering any in his path and goring his victim.
|Strength:150 / 250 / 450 / 650|
|Duration:1 s (combo window)|
|Range:6 / 8 / 10 / 12 m (charge range)|
1.5 / 1.6 / 1.8 / 2 m (impact radius)
- Rhino charges forward with aggression, covering a distance of 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 meters at a speed of 40 / 42 / 44 / 48 meters per second. Enemies within 1.5 / 1.6 / 1.8 / 2 meters of Rhino are dealt 150 / 250 / 450 / 650 Impact damage.
- If Rhino Charge is successfully recast within a window of 1 second (1 second is effected by duration) after the previous cast, its damage will be multiplied by 2x, its charge range will be multiplied by 1.25x, and its energy cost will be reduced by 50%. Any additional successful casts within the "Combo Window Time" will multiply Rhino Charge's damage by 4x, multiply its charge range by 1.5x, and reduce its energy cost by 75%. Rhino Charge Does Reset the Combo Window Time upon Each Charge allowing you to keep the stack at the 4x/1.5x/75% range.
- Energy cost reduction is applied to Rhino Charge's modified activation cost. As an example, with a maxed Streamline the next successful cast will consume 25 × 0.7 × 0.5 = 8.75 energy, and any successful cast thereafter will consume 25 × 0.7 × 0.25 = 4.375 energy.
- Combo window is affected by Ability Duration.
- The duration of the combo window and the respective damage multiplier for the next successful cast are displayed underneath the HUD's targeting reticle.
- If no casts are performed within the combo window, the damage, charge range, and energy cost will reset.
- Ability Synergy:
- Can be used to pass through Laser Barriers unharmed in most cases.
- When under the cloaking effects of Ghost and Stalk, the cloak will end only when all nearby enemies are killed or from moving out of range.
- Can be activated while jumping, sliding, clinging to a wall, or executing a front flip.
Rhino hardens his skin, insulating himself from all damage.
|Strength:400 / 600 / 800 / 1200 (base health)|
? / 1.25 / 1.75 / 2.50x (armor multiplier)
|Misc:1.5 / 2 / 3 / 3 s (invulnerability duration)|
- Rhino hardens his skin to create a reinforcing buffer with 400 / 600 / 800 / 1200 base health. Rhino's total armor multiplied by 250% is also added to the buffer's health. Upon activation, Iron Skin is invulnerable for 1.5 / 2 / 3 / 3 seconds. All incoming damage that is absorbed during this invulnerability period is converted into health and added to the buffer's health. While the Iron Skin is active, Rhino becomes immune to damage and status effects. Iron Skin will expire when the buffer's health is depleted.
- Iron Skin's total health, before absorbing damage, is multiplicatively affected by Ability Strength.
- Iron Skin's health uses the following expression when accounting for Ability Strength:
Modified Health = (Base Health + (Armor Multiplier × Base Armor × (1 + Armor Mods))) × (1 + Ability Strength) + Absorbed Damage.
- Note that the base armor value is different between Rhino and Rhino Prime; while Rhino has 225 Base Armor, Rhino Prime has 275 Base Armor.
- As an example for Rhino:
- Modifying that equation for Rhino Prime:
- While active, a health counter becomes visible on the ability icon that tracks Iron Skin's health percentage from 100% to 0%.
- The amount of health gained from absorbed damage is displayed in the HUD beside Rhino's shield and health indicators while Iron Skin is invulnerable.
- Despite invulnerability, status effects are not ignored during that period, allowing debilitating status effects such as knockdown and cold procs to occur until Iron Skin fully activates.
- Invulnerability duration is not affected by Ability Duration.
- Status effect immunity includes crowd-controlling effects such as knockdowns and staggers. Energy drains from Ancient Disruptors, including the small amounts of energy they drain with each melee attack, are resisted. However, Eximus energy drains and Nauseous Crawler disables are not resisted by Iron Skin.
- Iron Skin protects Rhino's health from damage that bypasses shields such as Toxin damage.
- Allows Rhino's shields to regenerate while active.
- Can be used to both block and pass through Corpus Laser Barriers and Grineer Sensor Bars.
- Blocking with a melee weapon does not reduce damage taken while Iron Skin is active.
- Using Iron Skin will not stop the health damage taken in the Vampire Challenge of Nightmare Mode. However, Iron Skin will not be drained.
- When the air runs out in Survival, Iron skin will deplete almost immediately and recasting it will cause it to dissipate near instantly.
- Damage resistance on Rhino, like Trinity's Blessing, other similar Warframe Abilities, and mods like Adaptation do not apply to Iron Skin (this list includes Armor).
- Iron Skin uses object health, so incoming damage is not modified by type and cannot crit.
- Ability Synergy: While Iron Skin is active, damage from Rhino Charge will have a 100% status chance for Blast effects.
- For Rhino Prime, Iron Skin's visual effects will take into account the chosen accent color. It is otherwise functionally identical.
- Can be activated while sliding, jumping, forward flipping, wall running, or wall clinging.
- Main article: Iron Shrapnel
Iron Shrapnel is a Warframe Augment Mod usable in both PvE and Conclave for Rhino's Iron Skin that when active allows it to be detonated by pressing the ability key (default ), unleashing a radial AoE attack that deals a portion of its remaining health as Puncture damage.
- Ironskin can be removed early by:
- With a Streamline or Fleeting Expertise mod, Rhino can cast Iron Skin immediately after the first Energy Drain tick in order to give himself a "shield" of sorts.
- It is possible to gain a significant amount of health for Iron Skin by standing in the path of a Death Orb beam during the invulnerability phase. Be warned however, as the beam can quickly deplete said health if the player does not move out of the way once the invulnerability phase ends.
- Using Rhino Charge with Ironclad Charge installed before casting Iron Skin can significantly boost its health by boosting the armor.
- By this method, you can easily reach over 50k of Iron Skin health by charging into a group of enemies when invested in armor and ability strength.
- Ironclad Charge's armor bonus is applied to Iron Skin as long as Iron Skin's casting was started in the duration of the buff.
- Iron Shrapnel can help by providing the ability to re-cast Iron Skin at any given time, even with extremely lowered ability duration as long as you cast Iron Skin right after a Rhino Charge.
- Arcane Tanker can significantly provide armor boost, effectively increasing Iron Skin's health by roughly over 100%.
Grants all nearby Warframes increased damage for a short duration.
|Strength:10% / 15% / 25% / 50%|
|Range:15 / 20 / 22 / 25 m|
- Rhino lets out a forceful roar, increasing the damage output of his allies within 15 / 20 / 22 / 25 meters. Affected allies will gain 10% / 15% / 25% / 50% bonus damage to all sources over a duration of 30 seconds.
- Damage boost is affected by Ability Strength.
- The damage buff applies a multiplicative bonus that's calculated after a Warframe's or weapon's total damage value.
- For example with a Warframe modded with maxed Intensify, and an ability that inflicts 250 total damage, a rank-3 Roar will increase the ability's total damage to 250 × (1 + 0.5 × (1 + 0.3)) = 412.5.
- And for another example with a weapon modded with maxed Serration, which inflicts 100 total damage per shot, a rank-3 Roar will increase the weapon's total damage to 100 × (1 + 1.65) × (1 + 0.5) = 397.5.
- However damage muptiplier coded as faction damage, so with a weapon modded with maxed Serration and maxed Primed Bane of Corrupted, which inflicts 100 total damage per shot, a rank-3 Roar will increase the weapon's total damage to 100 × (1 + 1.65) × (1 + 0.5 + 0.55) = 543.25 for Corrupted.
- While Warframe ability damage is increased, Roar does not increase a Warframe's Ability Strength. As such, Iron Skin does not gain durability from Roar.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Radius is affected by Ability Range.
- The effects of Roar are applied to Rhino, Companions, Hostages, Shadows, Specters, and hacked Shockwave MOAs.
- Allies only need to be in range at the time Roar is cast to gain its effects.
- Roar cannot be recast while active.
- Main article: Piercing Roar
- Increases the damage any ally deals from any source, so weapon damage as well as ability damage for the duration of the skill.
- To gain the buff the ally needs be in range at the time of casting, entering it afterwards will not grant the damage boost.
- The ally does not need to stay in range to keep the buff for its full duration.
- Regardless of the range the caster will always get the buff.
- All Sources also include the tick damage of status procs like slash or gas, which means that slash procs get affected twice and gas procs thrice in the same way as faction modifiers would affect status effects
- Multiple Roars do not stack.
- A stronger Roar will overwrite a weaker one.
- However if a weaker is cast, so that it last longer than a stronger (i.e., it is cast right before the stronger ran out or has higher duration due to increased Ability Duration) it will boost the damage after the stronger ran out.
Rhino stomps with force sufficient to disrupt time, tumbling enemies around him in stasis.
|Strength:150 / 300 / 500 / 800 (damage)|
|Duration:3 / 4 / 5 / 8 s|
|Range:15 / 18 / 22 / 25 m|
|Misc:80% / 90% / 95% / 97.5% (slow)|
- Rhino stomps the ground with tremendous force, immediately dealing 150 / 300 / 500 / 800 Blast damage in a ? / ? / ? / 5 meter radius. After a short delay, enemies within a radius of 15 / 18 / 22 / 25 meters are affected by the same amount of damage. Affected enemies are forced into a tumble with their movements slowed by 80% / 90% / 95% / 97.5% over a duration of 3 / 4 / 5 / 8 seconds.
- Damage is affected by Ability Strength.
- Damage does not bypass obstacles in the environment and diminishes with distance.
- Blast damage is effective against Machinery and Fossilized, but less effective against Ferrite Armor and Infested Sinew.
- Blast status effect forces all enemies within a 5 meter radius to stumble and fall.
- Range and radius are affected by Ability Range.
- Stasis duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- The second instance of damage suffers by a small time delay that depends on how many enemies are affected within its range. This is due to the processing of the actual game, as enemies are being considered to be affected for stun and damage within the vicinity (e.g., 15+ enemies = 1 second delay, 25+ enemies = 2 second delay).
- If cast in midair, Rhino will instantly drop to the ground to perform this ability.
- Can be recast while active; however, enemies already affected by Rhino Stomp will not have their stasis duration reset and are only damaged by the initial short-range burst.
- Ability Synergy: Rhino Charge deals an additional 100% damage to enemies affected by Rhino Stomp.
- Any ragdolling (e.g. Sonicor or Crowd Dispersion) will break its effect.
- Main article: Reinforcing Stomp
|Rank||Iron Skin Health Restored||Cost|
- With maximized radius, Stomp can be used for both crowd control of high level enemies and clearing rooms of low level enemies.
- The initial close range blast can break storage containers and reinforced glass on Corpus Ship.
|Strength Mods||Duration Mods||Range Mods|
Rhino can be equipped with the following items:
Last updated: Update 23.8
Post Update 14
Pre Update 14
|Released||Ash ( Ash Prime) • Atlas ( Atlas Prime) • Banshee ( Banshee Prime) • Baruuk • Chroma ( Chroma Prime) • Ember ( Ember Prime) • Equinox ( Equinox Prime) • Excalibur ( Excalibur Prime, Excalibur Umbra, Excalibur Umbra Prime) • Frost ( Frost Prime) • Gara • Garuda • Gauss • Grendel • Harrow • Hildryn • Hydroid ( Hydroid Prime) • Inaros • Ivara ( Ivara Prime) • Khora • Limbo ( Limbo Prime) • Loki ( Loki Prime) • Mag ( Mag Prime) • Mesa ( Mesa Prime) • Mirage ( Mirage Prime) • Nekros ( Nekros Prime) • Nezha • Nidus • Nova ( Nova Prime) • Nyx ( Nyx Prime) • Oberon ( Oberon Prime) • Octavia • Protea • Revenant • Rhino ( Rhino Prime) • Saryn ( Saryn Prime) • Titania ( Titania Prime) • Trinity ( Trinity Prime) • Valkyr ( Valkyr Prime) • Vauban ( Vauban Prime) • Volt ( Volt Prime) • Wisp • Wukong ( Wukong Prime) • Zephyr ( Zephyr Prime)|
|Attributes • Augments • Compare All • Cosmetics|