The Regulators are Mesa and Mesa Prime's signature Exalted Weapon, which are used when her Peacemaker ability is activated. Unlike other ranged weapons, the rapid-firing Regulators will automatically target and shoot at enemies within a large aiming circle directed by the player, removing the need for precise aim.
Refer to the weapon's ability page for a list of mods that affect the weapon.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- Very high critical chance and critical multiplier.
- Very high fire rate.
- Innate damage bonus that stacks with damage mods.
- Damage and fire rate ramp up per shots fired.
- See Peacemaker for more details regarding damage bonus and bonuses per shots fired.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Has infinite ammunition and does not need to reload.
- Innate two and one polarities.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Low status chance.
- Limited range of 50 meters.
- Restricted method of aiming.
- User cannot move while active unless equipped with Mesa's Waltz.
- No zoom, thus cannot benefit from Embedded Catalyzer, Hydraulic Crosshairs, Pressurized Magazine, Sharpened Bullets, Spry Sights, or Targeting Subsystem.
- Requires energy to activate and keep active.
- As Exalted Weapon, it cannot benefit from, nor contribute to the set bonus of any Set Mods.
- Cannot equip pistol range mods (e.g., Ruinous Extension), Acolyte Mods (e.g., Sharpened Bullets) or Amalgam Mods (e.g., Amalgam Barrel Diffusion).
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Regulators Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Regulators Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Regulators appear in the Arsenal after unlocking Mesa's Peacemaker ability.
- The displayed damage number of 125 in the Arsenal is the Regulators' base damage of 50 boosted by Peacemaker's innate +150% damage bonus.
- The ammunition related statistics displayed (such as magazine size, ammunition pool and reload speed) are merely a technical formality of the stat preview screen as the weapon actually consumes 0 bullets per shot, thus allowing infinite ammo economy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name of the Regulators might be a reference to the Regulators, a posse from the American Old West said to have been co-founded by Billy The Kid.
- Before the introduction of modable Exalted Weapons, the stats of Regulators were affected by the mods equipped on the player's Secondary weapon.
- Regulators have an alternate skin available for them in the form of the Regulators Presidio Skin that players can equip if they own the Mesa Presidio Skin.
- The Regulators Presidio Skin can be equipped regardless of whether or not the Mesa Presidio Skin is equipped.
- On Mesa Prime, the pistols are named Regulators Prime. Their stats are, however, identical to Regulators.
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 23.10.8