Red Veil is one of the six faction syndicates and the one with arguably the most doctrinaire beliefs and most aggressive tactics. A result of humanity's last vestiges facing the brink of extinction, they seek to cleanse the Origin System with fire and chaos, excising corruption by highly violent measures. But even so, they understand the importance of stealth and have adopted a code of assassins rather than warriors. They also have no qualms about cruelty if it means achieving their goals. Their mantra, "No cost too great, no blood too precious" is a symbol of their zealous fury, showing that they are not saviors, but rather cleansers.
Tenno who ally themselves with this Syndicate will receive unique Augment Mods for Red Veil's favored weapons after obtaining the title of Revered. The weapons include Dark Dagger, Embolist, Mire, and Kunai. The unique effect associated with the weapon mods from this syndicate is Blight.
After obtaining enough Standing to reach the title of Exalted, Tenno can exchange Standing for Augment Mods for Red Veil’s favored Warframes, that include Ash, Atlas, Ember, Garuda, Grendel, Harrow, Khora, Loki, Mesa, Nekros, Saryn, Titania, Volt, and Zephyr.
Standing Gain[edit | edit source]
- Upon initiating into Red Veil, the player will receive a Red Veil Sigil. Equipping this on a Warframe, in the Arsenal as a Front or Back Regalia, will convert approximately 2.25% of affinity gained into standing.
- Higher tiered Sigils bought from Red Veil have a higher conversion multiplier of +5% / +8% / +11% / +13% / +15%.
- Three daily Syndicate Alerts award standing on completion.
- Marks found within Red Veil Syndicate Alerts as interactable objects can be traded for standing in Red Veil's enclave. Each alert has 8 medallions, with three rarities awarding 500, 1,000, or 5,000 standing.
- Earning standing with Red Veil increases Steel Meridian's standing by +50%, but decreases Cephalon Suda's standing by -50% and Arbiters of Hexis by -100%.
- Daily Standing Cap is shared with all Faction Syndicates.
Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Rank & Title||Sacrifice||Benefits and Consequences||Standing (Minimum to Maximum)|
5 - Exalted
|Equinox Prime Systems||500,000
|Access to Warframe Augment Mods, Syndicate Weapons, Syndicate Syandana and Syndicate Captura Scenes||0 to 132,000|
4 - Revered
|Fang Prime Handle||250,000
|Access to Weapon Augment Mods and Orbiter Sculptures||0 to 99,000|
3 - Esteemed
|Access to Squad Ammo Restore (Large)Blueprint and Archwing Weapon components||0 to 70,000|
2 - Honored
|Access to Syndicate Void Relic Pack, partial access to Archwing Weapon components||0 to 44,000|
1 - Respected
|Access to Charger Specter||0 to 22,000|
0 - Initiation
|500 Alloy Plate||10,000||Access to Red Veil Sigil||0 to 5,000|
|-||-5,000 to 5,000|
-1 - Suspect
|Hunted by Eximus Charger Squad||-22,000 to 0|
-2 - Corrupt
|-||-||Hunted by Eximus Charger Platoon||-44,000 to 0|
Offerings [edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
Specters Of Liberty[edit | edit source]
In the Specters Of Liberty event, an individual who identifies herself as Cantis contacts the Tenno asking for desperately needed assistance in freeing hostages that the Corpus and Grineer have captured. Grineer and Corpus groups had taken members from the Red Veil hostage in an attempt to force them into submission.
Hostages from the Red Veil were encountered in Rescue missions, in which tight security and special Warden units take extra precaution against the player's arrival.
In exchange for such a daring task, players were rewarded Specter blueprints which they can use to craft Tenno replicants for use on their clan's Solar Rails, or to help fight in other missions by placing them in the player's equipment gear section.
The Avalanche Offensive[edit | edit source]
The Red Veil's involvement in the Avalanche Offensive is fairly minor, consisting of Cantis informing the Tenno of an unusual amount of Arctic Eximus training on Mars. After the Tenno resolve the threat, Cantis thanks the Tenno, also rewarding them with an Affinity Booster, which the Corpus were using to improve their training.
- Main article: Chains of Harrow
The Tenno receives a strange transmission from an abandoned Steel Meridian ship that draws their attention. Upon arriving on this ship, they discover its crew murdered in cold blood. Odd messages written in blood are scattered throughout, haunting the Tenno as they track down the suspect. Here, they meet Palladino, the Holy Speaker of the Red Veil, who says that their syndicate is in shambles. Their sacred muse, a Tenno named Rell, abandoned his post in their temple, causing chaos throughout their organization. Unlike other Tenno, Rell did not go into cryosleep in the Lua's Reservoirs for he was cast out by Margulis and his fellow Tenno for having contact with The Man in The Wall, a mysterious manifestation of the Void. Instead, he sacrificed his life, bound his spirit to his Warframe, Harrow, who became a resting vigil towards The Man in The Wall itself.
Requesting protection, the Tenno brought Palladino to the Steel Meridian base, Iron Wake, where she will be watched by Steel Meridian personnel. To contact Rell, Palladino asks the Tenno to bring back a sacred relic in order to complete her seance. Apparently, Rell still retains memories of his humanity despite having a manic episode that resulted from losing control over Transference. To resolve this, the Tenno captures Rell's manifestations of emotion, disturbances made of Transference energy, and return them to the Red Veil temple in the Void.
In order to end Rell's suffering, the Tenno frees Harrow from his chains, allowing Rell to rest in slumber. However, with no vessel to protect against The Man in The Wall, the Tenno will have to deal with the consequences.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Red Veil was the very first Syndicate introduced in the game, during the Specters Of Liberty event.
- They are the first faction introduced that openly support the Tenno and work toward a mutual benefit.
- The representative of this syndicate is simply identified as "Red Veil". Whether this is his actual name is unknown.
- Cantis' picture has a word written in Orokin next to it. It spells out "nehtwihrk" (network).
- Red Veil hostages are fully voiced and have their own 3D HUD model.
- The mask/helmet of the Red Veil's representative bears a striking resemblance to the Stalker's helmet, namely the two "eyes" on the sides of his face, and the singular "eye" in the middle.
- It is believed that they are the main manufacturers of Wraith weapons, primarily due to the similar decals and color of the Rakta Syandana and the Wraith weapons.
- The Grineer-based weaponry that has been modified (ex. Wraith Twin Vipers, Machete Wraith, Gorgon Wraith) under the Red Veil possibly originated as part of the shared terms with Steel Meridian, an exiled Grineer sub-faction the Veil are allied with; lore mentions the abundance of weapons distributed to participating Tenno.
- The Red Veil's violent and notably destructive nature can be the reason they are at odds against Cephalon Suda, who values preservation. While the Veil would have no qualms erasing data and destroying reliquaries (even Orokin ones) if it means crippling the enemy, Suda is very much opposed to such notions.
- The Arbiters of Hexis oppose the Red Veil's use of the Tenno, as the Arbiters see the Veil's desire for bloodshed as a repetition of the past, and they abhor the idea of the Tenno being squandered as mere weapons.
- On the other hand, Steel Meridian and Red Veil's alliance seems to signify a "sword-and-shield" relationship; The Red Veil seeks out to purge the Origin System of evil, cutting down all who dare cause harm to those whom the Steel Meridian hopes to protect.
- As revealed in Chains of Harrow quest, the name of the Holy Speaker of the Veil is Palladino, however, unlike other leaders, she does not represent the syndicate in routine dealings (and neither does Cantis).
- Palladino has a companion kavat named Rook.
- Paladino is Italian for "champion", note meaning of original Latin word as well, since her role is hereditary.
- Cantus is Latin for "sung" or "chanted".
- Somewhat simple and role-specific names denote the hermetic, cult-like nature of the Red Veil.
- The Red Veil is the only syndicate to display other working operatives in the field aside from their leaders, including Cantis (during the Specters of Liberty event) and Palladino.
- The Red Veil have been known to pass a harsh judgment against Grineer defectors, in spite of their alliance with the Steel Meridian, who would rather see such individuals protected. Both during Operation: Rathuum and The Pacifism Defect event, Red Veil operatives sought to secure Grineer turncoats for their own unseemly ends. Furthermore, during Defection missions Red Veil operatives have been known to try and seize fleeing Kavor defectors, hoping to divine from their biology the reason for their rejection of Grineer violence. They do this while demanding any nearby Tenno not interfere and attacking even those Tenno who are aligned with the Veil themselves.
- This can also be seen in Relays. In the back of the Red Veil's binding, a Grineer Butcher can be seen being tortured.
- The Red Veil representative is voiced by Justin Young.
|Relay||Factions||Arbiters of Hexis • Cephalon Suda • New Loka • Red Veil • Steel Meridian • The Perrin Sequence|
|Neutral||Cephalon Simaris • Conclave|
|Landscape||Cetus||Ostron • The Quills|
|Fortuna||Solaris United • Ventkids • Vox Solaris|
|Necralisk||Entrati • Necraloid|
|Event||Operational Supply • Nightwave|