The Razorback is a Corpus boss introduced in the Divine Will Tactical Alert in Hotfix 18.4.10. A creation of Nef Anyo, the Razorback is essentially a much larger Jackal and is boastfully claimed to be "impervious to evil", but possesses a vulnerability to Nef Anyo's previous creations: the Bursas.
The Razorback is fought during a limited-time event, called Razorback Armada, once the construction status in the Invasion menu is completed by supporting the Corpus, appearing as a node next to any active Relay. Completing the Razorback Armada mission three times per event awards 200,000 and a built Orokin Catalyst.
Razorback Cipher[edit | edit source]
Once the Razorback Armada node appears, the Lotus will send all players an inbox message about the Razorback threat and deliver a Razorback Cipher Blueprint in their inventory. All players are required to have a Razorback Cipher to enter the node. The Razorback's room is locked by a hacking terminal whose panels continuously shift, making it impossible to solve without the Cipher. Although only one person can interact with the terminal to use the Cipher, all players will consume a Cipher upon use.
The Cipher Blueprint is reusable, and requires:
|Time: 1 min|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: N/A|
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Razorback bears a striking resemblance to the Jackal, but stands roughly twice its size and has a white sheen and bulky leggings.
The Razorback, like other bosses, has unique taunts. Here is a list of them:
- "Analysis Complete: (Player name) = UNBELIEVER"
- "(Player name) Detected: May the Void take mercy upon you"
- "Configuring Tactics: PRAISE THE VOID"
- "(Player name) Victory Probability: UNFATHOMABLE"
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Turret: Two cheek-mounted turrets fire volley of machine gunfire.
- Rippling Shockwave: Stomps the ground with its massive legs, producing a shockwave that knocks Tenno off their feet.
- Plasma Grenade Cluster: Deposits a volley of plasma grenades that shortly explode after sticking to the ground.
- Homing Missiles: Launches a large cluster of missiles that home-in on the Tenno.
Along the four corners of the upper balconies of the arena guarded by a Laser Barrier spawn Corpus soldiers, who will drop down into the arena to support the Razorback.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
After activating the terminal to "Warning Test", the platform in the middle will rise to unveil the Razorback.
The Razorback behaves much like the Jackal, with key differences: it is initially immune to all damage the players can throw at it. To damage the Razorback, players must hack into the two terminals located on the sides of the upper balconies of the arena, which will spawn a Bursa, which are hostile to the Tenno. The Bursa must then be damaged and then hacked to turn them against the Razorback, which will cripple its legs and cause it to collapse, allowing Tenno to do damage until it rises back up.
Hacked Bursas will die 10 seconds after they were hacked. Tenno must continuously hack the terminals and Bursas until the Razorback is down for good.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Upon completion of the mission, all members of the squad will receive one of the following:
|Gorgon Wraith Barrel||18.97%|
|Gorgon Wraith Blueprint||18.97%|
|Gorgon Wraith Receiver||18.97%|
|Gorgon Wraith Stock||18.97%|
Up to date as of Hotfix 30.0.5
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Razorback Armada mission contains many Bursas, Hyenas, and Eximi.
- The Hyenas initially have a 100% drop rate for Orokin Cells, but gradually diminishes over time.
- A Bursa may appear if the player is spotted by any Security Cameras along the way.
- Hence no Juno Crewmen and MOAs appear along the way to the arena, but they will present in the arena gradually during the fight to provide support for Razorback. Among them is Juno Malleus Machinist that will kill any hacked Bursas in one hit if not being taken care of immediately.
- A shield window will appear in front of the player when the player is hacking the terminal to spawn a Bursa. Primarily to block any direct fire from the front side.
Razorback Armada History[edit | edit source]
The following table keeps track of Razorback Armada alerts:
|2017 May 12||Kronia (Saturn)||-||-||-|
|2017 August 31||Larunda (Mercury)||-||-||-|
|2017 September 7||-||Strata (Earth)||-||-|
|2017 September 18||-||-||Orcus (Pluto)||-|
|2017 November 29||Orcus (Pluto)||-||-||-|
|2018 January 5||-||Kuiper (Eris)||Vesper (Venus)||-|
|2018 February 21||Kronia (Saturn)||-||-||-|
|2018 March 14||-||Kronia (Saturn)||-||-|
|2018 April 9||-||-||Vesper (Venus)||-|
|2018 May 7||Orcus (Pluto)||-||-||-|
|2018 May 25||-||Strata (Earth)||-||-|
|2018 June 12||-||-||Leonov (Europa)||-|
|2018 August 6||Kronia (Saturn)||-||-||-|
|2018 August 7||-||Kuiper (Eris)||-||-|
|2018 August 14||-||-||Vesper (Venus)||-|
|2018 October 8||Orcus (Pluto)||-||-||-|
|2018 October 19||-||Larunda (Mercury)||Strata (Earth)||-|
|2018 December 28||Larunda (Mercury)||-||-||-|
|2019 January 1||-||-||Orcus (Pluto)||-|
|2019 January 7||-||Kronia (Saturn)||-||-|
|2019 February 1||-||-||-||Kuiper (Eris)|
|2019 March 7||Strata (Earth)||-||-||-|
|2019 March 11||-||Larunda (Mercury)||-||-|
|2019 March 13||-||-||Strata (Earth)||-|
|2019 April 30||Larunda (Mercury)||-||-||-|
|2019 May 16||-||Kronia (Saturn)||-||-|
|2019 May 17||-||-||Leonov (Europa)||-|
|2019 May 24||-||-||-||Leonov (Europa)|
|2019 July 23||Strata (Earth)||Kuiper (Eris)||-||-|
|2019 September 13||-||-||-||Leonov (Europa)|
|2019 October 6||Kronia (Saturn)||-||-||-|
|2019 October 8||-||Strata (Earth)||-||-|
|2019 November 7||-||-||Orcus (Pluto)||-|
|2019 December 16||-||Larunda (Mercury)||-||-|
|2019 December 19||-||-||-||Leonov (Europa)|
|2020 January 8||Orcus (Pluto)||-||-||-|
|2020 January 30||-||-||Leonov (Europa)||-|
|2020 February 20||-||-||-||Kuiper (Eris)|
|2020 February 24||-||Kuiper (Eris)||-||-|
|2020 May 4||Strata (Earth)||-||-||-|
|2020 May 19||-||-||Strata (Earth)||-|
|2020 July 29||Kronia (Saturn)||-||-||-|
|2020 August 5||-||-||-||Kuiper (Eris)|
|2020 October 12||Strata (Earth)||-||-||-|
|2020 November 10||-||-||-||Kuiper (Eris)|
|2021 January 19||Kronia (Saturn)||-||-||-|
|2021 March 25||-||Strata (Earth)||-||-|
|2021 April 15||Orcus (Pluto)||-||-||-|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In a certain tile of the Corpus Gas City tileset, Razorback proxies can be seen behind a window being rapidly produced and sent up an elevator.
- Razorback is the name of the song used in Digital Extremes' 1999 game: Unreal Tournament.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 24.2.6