The Ratel is a small, quadrupedal drone deployed by Sniper Crewmen from electrical fabrication pads, and typically appear in packs of 4. They attack by chasing the player and firing a small electrical beam, pursuing their targets if they leave their attack range.
- A single fabrication pad will be formed after the Crewman tosses it, which will spawn up to four Ratels over time unless the pad is destroyed, or the duration of the pad expires.
- The pad will spawn additional Ratels if the ones before are killed, but no more than 4 Ratels can be spawned at any given time per pad.
- When spawned from a Shadow or a Mind Controlled Sniper Crewman, they will continue to be allied to the Tenno even after the Crewman dies.
- Their spawning pads cannot be damaged by area of effect abilities, like Sandstorm or Sound Quake.
- Ratels spawned by an Irradiated Sniper Crewman will still be allied to the Corpus.
- In a defence mission, Ratels will completely ignore the player and attack the Warframe Cryopod unless they take damage.
- Keeping with the theme of most Corpus proxies being named after animals, the ratel (otherwise known as the honey badger) is a member of the weasel family that is notorious for its ferocity, attacking much larger prey animals or even rival predator species.