The Raptors are Corpus Bosses found in the Europa system, with an underground factory working to mass produce these proxies. They are essentially modified Ospreys that boast increased power and defenses, and appear in three different types each armed with unique weaponry.
Raptors appear to be heavily armored Osprey-like drones. Raptor NS has orange armor and white trim. Raptor MT looks identical to Raptor NS, save for its yellow armor instead of orange. Raptor RV is white with red trim.
The Raptors all speak in a high-pitched robotic voice. Unlike most other Corpus robotics, they speak in the Corpus language, as evidenced by their similar speech patterns and phonetics. Raptor NS is responsible for almost all of the taunts before the battle, as it is the first model to be faced.
- Explosive Laser Bolt: The main weapon of all Raptors, this weapon fires a laser that explodes on impact.
- Energy Mortar: Used exclusively by Raptor NS, this weapon fires a large cluster of fast moving blue projectiles that explode on impact and cause knockdown, creating medium-sized blue rings at the zone of impact before landing.
- Nemes RT: Used exclusively by Raptor MT, these tiny drones spawned in clusters of six rapidly home in on Tenno and release damaging streams of .
- Laser Barrage: Used exclusively by Raptor RV, this weapon fires an audible, heavy stream of highly damaging lasers.
The backs of the Raptors are invulnerable, and will only take damage to their non-shelled robotic underbellies and wings, which are relatively easy to hit due to their constant flight.
Being fought above their mass production facility, the Raptors will respawn indefinitely from the three Gravity Conveyors in their arena. In order to defeat the Raptors, they must be killed to drop their explosive Power Cell, which detonates in 10 seconds after spawning. Players must pick up the cell, carry them to the top of a Gravity Conveyor, and hit the weapon switch key to drop the cell into the conveyor, destroying it and the facility beneath. This must be done to all three Conveyors to complete the assassination.
Only one Raptor appears at a time, respawning after the Power Cell has detonated. At first, Raptor NS will appear, and continue to spawn until one conveyor is destroyed. Then, Raptor MT will spawn until the second is destroyed, after which Raptor RV will spawn until the boss is defeated.
- In Update: The Silver Grove (2016-08-19), the original singular Raptor was reworked into the current boss fight. The original was merely a very powerful and large Osprey.
- Much like regular Ospreys, the Raptors are capable of suddenly strafing when aimed at, making hitting them even more of a task.
- The original Raptor was added in Update 9.0 (2013-07-13). It was the first airborne boss in the game, followed by Vay Hek in Update 13.0 (2014-04-09). Due to its ability to fly, drops could sometimes end up in unreachable locations.
- Until Update: The Silver Grove (2016-08-19), the Raptor did not have an opening cinematic. Now that they do, this leaves The Sergeant as the only boss without one.
- The Raptors can drop Neural Sensors, despite the fact that Neural Sensors are not a normal drop on Europa.
- Due to their ability to respawn, the Raptors can be repeatedly farmed for their drops within a single mission.
- Unlike other robotic Corpus units, the Raptors can vocalize in the Corpus Language.
Last updated: Hotfix 22.2.5 (2017-11-11)
|Grineer||Planet||Captain Vor (Mercury/Ceres) • Councilor Vay Hek (Earth) • General Sargas Ruk (Saturn) • Kela De Thaym (Sedna) • Lieutenant Lech Kril (Mars/Ceres) • Tyl Regor (Uranus)|
|Mission||Kuva Liches • The Grustrag Three (Assassin) • Ven'kra Tel and Sprag (Orokin Sabotage)|
|Quest||Elder Queen (The War Within)|
|Event||Balor Fomorian (Fomorian Fleet)|
|Corpus||Planet||Alad V and Zanuka (Jupiter) • Ambulas (Pluto) • Jackal (Venus) • Hyena Pack (Neptune) • Raptors (Europa) • The Sergeant (Phobos)|
|Mission||Exploiter Orb (Orb Vallis) • Lynx (Orokin Sabotage) • Profit-Taker Orb (Orb Vallis) • Zanuka Hunter (Assassin)|
|Quest||Protea Specter (The Deadlock Protocol)|
|Event||Razorback (Razorback Armada)|
|Infested||Planet||Jordas Golem (Eris) • Juggernaut Behemoth (Eris) • Mutalist Alad V (Eris) • Lephantis (Deimos) • Zealoid Prelate (Deimos)|
|Mission||Juggernaut (Infested Ship)|
|Quest||Infested Mesa (Patient Zero)|
|Event||Phorid (Phorid Manifestation) • Hemocyte (Plains of Eidolon - Operation: Plague Star)|
|Orokin||Mission||Corrupted Vor (Tier 4 Void) • Nihil (Nightwave/Series 3)|
|Quest||Necramech (Heart of Deimos)|
|Mission||Eidolon Teralyst • Gantulyst • Hydrolyst (Plains of Eidolon)|
|Quest||Suda-Hunhow (Octavia's Anthem)|
|Event||Condrix (Earth - Operation: Scarlet Spear)|
|Stalker||Mission||Acolytes (The Steel Path) • Stalker or Shadow Stalker (Assassin)|
|Unaffiliated||Mission||Wolf of Saturn Six (Assassin)|