The Rakta Dark Dagger is the Syndicate variant of the , available from the Red Veil. While wielded, enemies have more difficulty in spotting the user, and damaging an enemy afflicted by restores shields and grants overshields.
- The Rakta Dark Dagger can be acquired by reaching the Rank of Exalted with Red Veil, and spending 125,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Rakta Dark Dagger cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to Exalted rank.
- Syndicate weapons can also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 8 to acquire the Rakta Dark Dagger, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
- Innate damage – effective against Alloy Armor, Robotic, and Infested Sinew.
- High and good damage – effective against armor and health.
- Decent critical chance.
- Tied with for the highest status chance of all single daggers.
- Tied with for the fastest attack speed of all single daggers.
- Grants "Mind Haze" for 30 seconds after drawing weapon, reducing the range where enemies can spot the user.
- Innate bonus suited to stealth gameplay, as well as being synergistic with the weapon's damage type.
- Mind Haze remains active for 30 seconds after triggering, regardless of weapon equipped.
- When held, attacking an enemy with the dagger under a proc while the user has shields restores shields and grants overshields to the user.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches stance.
- Can use the dagger-exclusive and Dark Dagger-exclusive mods.
- Innate polarity.
- Innate damage – less effective against Shielded, Infested, and Fossilized.
- No damage – less effective against shields.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Rakta Dark Dagger (Normal), compared to Dark Dagger (Normal):
- Higher base damage (246 vs. 154)
- Higher critical chance (12% vs. 8%)
- Higher critical multiplier (1.8x vs. 1.5x)
- Higher status chance (30% vs. 22%)
- Lower disposition (0.95 vs. 1.1)
- Higher attack speed (1 vs. 0.92)
- Different polarities ( vs. None)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (8 vs. 2)
- Different Stance Polarity ( vs. )
- When drawn, the Rakta Dark Dagger grants the user "Mind Haze" for 30 seconds, reducing the range where enemies can spot the player by 33%. For example, while undetected a player will normally be spotted from 15 meters away, whereas having Mind Haze will make the enemy spot the player from 10 meters away.
- Mind Haze will persist even if the user draws another weapon. Drawing the dagger again will refresh its duration.
- In the event the player has no primary or secondary weapon equipped, such as Melee Only Sorties, swapping to a Gear item, such as a Codex Scanner, will allow them to holster and redraw the dagger.
- When wielded, dealing damage to an enemy afflicted by a proc will restore your Shields by 5% of the damage dealt. The amount of shield points restored is affected by damage mods and can even grant Overshields.
- The user is required to have shields in order to have their shields restored.
- Status effects inflicted by Rakta Dark Dagger on irradiated enemies will also trigger shield gain. Status effects that deal damage over time such as and will provide shield regen for as long as both the damage-dealing and radiation status effects are active on the enemy.
- If a damage-over-time status is inflicted before , it will trigger shield gain when the enemy becomes irradiated.
- and status effects will also trigger shield gain.
- Finisher attacks restore shields, but only if the dagger is equipped in hand; if initiated while holding a primary or secondary weapon, finishers do not restore shields.
- is compatible with this weapon, making it more likely to deal procs and allow the player to restore shields for every attack.
- The Rakta Dark Dagger, due to its ability to generate overshields from damaging affected targets, is well suited to the Dagger Stance, as its Carving Spike combo provides multiple attacks (to apply the status effect) preceding its final strike, which exposes enemies to Finisher Attacks.
- When equipped without a Stance mod, the Rakta Dark Dagger adds a 4th lunging stab on its normal attack combo that propels the Warframe a good distance forward, which is useful for catching up to moving enemies. It also has a 100% chance of inflicting bleed proc, This effect is lost if one uses the stance, which replaces the lunge with a sweeping slash.
- If the lunge lands behind an unalerted enemy, a stealth attack will be performed instead.
- The concept for the Rakta Dark Dagger's innate effects was designed by the Design Council.
- The word "Rakta" can be traced back to the Sanskrit language, meaning "blood" or "coloured". It means the same in many other Indic languages derived from Sanskrit / Prakrit - like Bengali, Hindi, Marathi etc.
Rakta Dark Dagger Skins
Last updated: Update 26.0 (2019-10-31)
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|