The Rakta Dark Dagger is the Syndicate variant of the Dark Dagger, available from the Red Veil. While wielded, enemies have more difficulty in spotting the user, and damaging an enemy inflicted by Radiation restores shields and grants overshields.
- The Rakta Dark Dagger can be acquired by reaching the Rank of Exalted with Red Veil, and spending 125,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Rakta Dark Dagger cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to Exalted rank.
- Syndicate weapons can be also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 8 to acquire the Rakta Dark Dagger, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
This weapon deals Radiation damage.
- Tied with Karyst for the highest base damage of all standard (non-zaw) daggers.
- Tied with Ceramic Dagger for the fastest attack speed of all single daggers.
- Grants "Mind Haze" for 30 seconds after drawing weapon, reducing the range where enemies can spot the user.
- Innate bonus suited to stealth gameplay, as well as being synergistic with the weapon's damage type.
- Bonus can be reapplied while active.
- If no other weapons are equipped, effect can be triggered by switching from scanner to melee. Aim>melee to retrigger.
- Mind Haze remains active for 30 seconds after triggering, regardless of weapon equipped.
- When held, attacking an enemy under a Radiation proc restores shields and grants overshields to the user.
- Can use the dagger-exclusive Covert Lethality and Dark Dagger-exclusive Gleaming Blight mods.
- Has a polarity slot.
- Stance slot has slot, matches Homing Fang stance.
- Innate Radiation damage – less effective against Shielded, Infested, and Fossilized.
- Very low critical chance.
- Low critical multiplier.
- Low status chance.
- Small jump attack radius.
- This attack cannot knockdown enemies, but has a higher chance for a Radiation proc than basic attacks.
- Very short range.
- Enemies under Radiation procs will alert nearby enemies if they are not killed quickly, limiting stealth effectiveness if enemies are not dealt Lethal Damage.
- Rakta Dark Dagger, compared to Dark Dagger:
- When wielded, the Rakta Dark Dagger reduces the range where enemies can spot the player by 33%. For example, while undetected a player will normally be spotted from 15 meters away, whereas holding the Rakta Dark Dagger will make the enemy spot the player from 10 meters away.
- When wielded, attacking an enemy afflicted by a Radiation proc will restore your Shields by 5% of the damage dealt. The amount of shield points restored is affected by damage mods and can even grant Overshields. Additionally, finishing an enemy afflicted by a Radiation proc will grant max Overshields.
- When equipped without a Stance mod, the Rakta Dark Dagger adds a 4th lunging stab on its normal attack combo that propels the Warframe a good distance forward, which is useful for catching up to moving enemies. It also has a 100% chance of inflicting Slash bleed proc, despite the fact that the Rakta Dark Dagger has no physical damage element. This effect is lost if one uses the Pointed Wind stance, which replaces the lunge with a sweeping slash.
- If the lunge lands behind an unalerted enemy, a stealth attack will be performed instead.
- Covert Lethality complements the Rakta Dark Dagger's stealth passive quite well, allowing players to finish off enemies with a decreased likelihood of being spotted.
- Gleaming Blight is compatible with this weapon, making it more likely to deal Radiation procs and allow the player to restore shields for every attack.
- Alternatively, bring weapons or abilities that can easily generate Radiation procs such as the alternative fire of Mutalist Quanta.
- The radial Blight effect will not alert damaged enemies if they are in the unalerted state - unless a Capture target is injured, in which case all enemies in the mission will be alerted.
- The Rakta Dark Dagger, due to its ability to generate overshields from damaging Radiation affected targets, is well suited to the Stinging Thorn Dagger Stance, as its Carving Spike combo provides multiple attacks (to apply the Radiation status effect) preceeding its final strike, which exposes enemies to Finisher Attacks.
- The concept for the Rakta Dark Dagger's innate effects was designed by the Design Council.