The Rakta Ballistica is an exclusive version of the Ballistica available only from the Red Veil. The Rakta Ballistica has a higher portion of Puncture damage than its default version, and features a larger magazine as well as innate Blight effect.
- The Rakta Ballistica can be acquired by reaching the Rank of Exalted with the Red Veil, and spending 100,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Rakta Ballistica cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to Exalted rank.
- Syndicate weapons can be also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 6 to acquire the Rakta Ballistica, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High base damage.
- Uncharged shots fire four bolts consecutively.
- High fire rate.
- Fast projectile flight speed.
- Charged shots fire a single round.
- High critical chance.
- No projectile arcing.
- On kill, bodies will follow the bolt that killed them, damaging anyone in their path and pinning the corpse to walls.
- Innate Blight effect.
- Innate and polarities.
- Low Impact and Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Low critical multiplier.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Alarming, thus not suitable for stealth
- Very low critical chance.
- Extremely low status chance.
- Low accuracy and high horizontal recoil.
- Consumes 4 ammo per shot, resulting in a 5-shot magizine.
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with five projectiles, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Charge Shot:
- Low status chance.
- Low projectile flight speed.
- Rakta Ballistica, compared to Ballistica:
- Higher critical chance (20% vs. 15%)
- Higher attack damage (300.0 vs. 100.0)
- Higher secondary attack damage (75.0 vs. 25.0)
- Higher secondary mode critical chance (5% vs. 3.75%)
- Larger magazine (20 rounds vs. 16 rounds)
- Innate Blight effect
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Higher Mastery Rank required (6 vs. 2)
- Lower disposition (1.15 vs. 1.2)
- Rakta Ballistica, compared to Ballistica Prime:
- See Category:Rakta Ballistica Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Rakta Ballistica Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Rolling when a shot is charged will actually fire the weapon, rather than reset the charge.
- This is the second item in the game with the "Rakta" prefix, the first one being the Rakta Syandana.
- Rakta is derived from the Sanskrit word rakta , meaning blood.
- Prior to Update 16.0, the Rakta Ballistica could not be recolored, with only its energy color being customizable.
- When the Rakta Ballistica was first introduced, its charged attack dealt primarily Impact damage instead of Puncture damage. The primary damage type changed in Update 15.16 (along with several other improvements to the weapon) to be more consistent with the regular version.
Rakta Ballistica Skins
Last updated: Hotfix 23.10.8
- Ballistica, the normal counterpart.
- Ballistica Prime the primed counterpart.
- Red Veil, the Syndicate that offers this weapon.
- Syndicate Weapons