Quickening is a mod that increases the attack speed of melee weapons while granting a chance of additional combo count per hit.
- Stacks with Gladiator Vice and 2-stack Berserker Fury for a maximum of of 2.4x attack speed.
- This mod is a straight upgrade from the non-primed version of Fury, adding 10% more attack speed and 20% combo count chance for the same cost.
- Unlike most mods, the picture shows an Excalibur wearing the Pendragon helmet, his Immortal Skin, as well as a different color scheme. This is a rare instance of a mod depicting a non-default character loadout. The other examples are Life Strike, Second Wind, True Punishment, Enduring Strike, Warrior's Grip, Killing Blow and Corrupt Charge, all of which used to be channeling mods. Coincidentally, all of said mods depict Excalibur wielding a Nikana. The only difference in each appearance (besides positioning) is the energy color used.
- As of Update 15.5 (2014-11-27), there are four new mods that also depict non-default characters. These mods are Bore, Piercing Caliber, Breach Loader, and Auger Strike, all of which depict a Nyx Warframe with her Immortal Skin and Menticide helmet.
- Prior to Update 26.0 (2019-10-31), this mod provided bonus attack speed upon Channeling while reducing Channeling Efficiency.
Hotfix 26.0.3 (2019-11-01)
- Melee Phase 2 Changes & Fixes:
- Quickening Melee Mod now applies its Attack Speed increase correctly.
Update 26.0 (2019-10-31)
- Grants +40% Attack Speed, +20% Combo Count Chance (previously +20% Attack Speed, -80% Channeling Efficiency).
Update 13.0 (2014-04-09)