The Quatz is a Grineer quad-barreled sidearm that fires Electricity bullets with a high fire rate and deadly accuracy, alternating between automatic shots from hip-fire with high status chance or a four-round simultaneous burst from aimed fire with increased critical chance and critical multiplier. Reloading from an empty magazine also discharges an Electricity pulse that stuns nearby enemies.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:40,000|
This weapon deals primarily Electricity damage.
- Innate Electricity damage – effective against Machinery and Robotic.
- High Impact and Slash damage – effective against shields and health.
- Hip-fire shoots fully-automatic rounds.
- Aimed fire shoots four rounds simultaneously in a burst.
- Very high fire rate.
- Large magazine size.
- Reloading from a fully depleted magazine produces an 8 meter shockwave that stuns nearby enemies with a guaranteed Electricity proc.
- Innate Electricity damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Low Puncture damage – less effective against armor.
- Hip-fire full-auto mode:
- Aimed fire burst mode:
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with five bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Each shot lands in a small square formation around where the user is aiming instead of directly on the crosshair, which may lead to misses against smaller targets.
- Slow reload speed.
- Very poor ammo efficiency.
- Firing from hip-fire and then zooming in will not disrupt the full-auto fire until the trigger is released.
- Zooming in with full-auto halves its recoil.
- When the weapon's magazine is fully depleted, reloading will produce a shockwave that stuns enemies with a guaranteed Electricity proc, but deals negligible damage.
- On console weapon may automatically reload before weapon is empty. Will not release electrical shockwave when this happens.
- In the event that the Instant Reload buff from Charm is active when the magazine is emptied, the shockwave will not generate while the magazine is instantly refilled.
- The hip-fire full-auto mode's high status chance allows it to apply procs rapidly, while the aimed fire burst mode's high critical chance and critical multiplier inflicts heavy raw damage.
- The Electricity proc on empty reloads has potential synergy with Synth Charge, due to the mod giving bonus damage on final shots, which encourages emptying the entire magazine.
- The Quatz has two unique reloading animations:
- The first, which occurs when reloading with ammunition still in, has the Warframe toss the weapon and catch it by its barrel, ejecting the capacitor and putting in a new one, then tosses the weapon again and catches it by its grip.
- The second, which occurs from a fully depleted magazine, is similar to the first, but instead, the weapon is caught using the opposite hand, and the capacitor is slammed into the gun with the gun hand more forcefully while producing an Electricity shockwave.
- The Quatz is the second weapon that utilizes different Trigger Types from aiming rather than Alternate Fire.
- Quatz is derived from the corruption of Quartz, a very common crystal of silicon dioxide. Its Electricity damage and the discharge produced while reloading references the piezoelectric property of Quartz, the ability to produce a voltage upon the mechanical deformation of the crystal structure.
Last updated: Hotfix 25.4.1
- Amphis, the melee counterpart of this weapon.
- Quartakk, a Grineer four-barreled rifle that fires four round simultaneous bursts.
- Kuva Quartakk, a Grineer rifle with functionally equivalent firing modes.