The Quatz is a Grineer quad-barreled sidearm that fires bullets with a high fire rate and deadly accuracy, alternating between automatic shots from hip-fire with high status chance or a four-round simultaneous burst from aimed fire with increased critical chance and critical multiplier. Reloading from an empty magazine also discharges an pulse that stuns nearby enemies.
- This weapon deals primarily damage.
- Hip-fire shoots fully-automatic rounds.
- Aimed fire shoots four rounds simultaneously in a burst.
- Uniquely fires all four shots simultaneously instead of consecutively, reducing the chance of one missing.
- Each shot lands in a small square formation around where the user is aiming instead of directly on the crosshair, which may lead to misses against smaller targets.
- Reloading from a fully depleted magazine produces an 8 meter shockwave that stuns nearby enemies with a guaranteed proc.
- Very high accuracy.
- High magazine
- Very high effective fire rate
- High max ammo
- Above average status chance
- Very high recoil in hip-fire full-auto mode
- Linearly less efficient in aimed fire burst mode – sometimes a target may only die with five bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Very poor ammo efficiency.
- Below average crit chance
- Low damage
- Very low reload speed
- Below average disposition
- Very low crit multiplier
- Very low damage
- Low reload speed
- Below average status chance
The Quatz's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:40,000|
- Firing from hip-fire and then zooming in will not disrupt the full-auto fire until the trigger is released.
- Zooming in with full-auto halves its recoil.
- When the weapon's magazine is fully depleted, reloading will produce a shockwave that stuns enemies with a guaranteed proc, but deals negligible damage.
- The hip-fire full-auto mode's high status chance allows it to apply procs rapidly, while the aimed fire burst mode's high critical chance and critical multiplier inflicts heavy raw damage.
- With Energizing Shot equipped, the shockwave upon reloading with an empty clip will pick up energy orbs.
- The Quatz has two unique reloading animations:
- The first, which occurs when reloading with ammunition still in, has the Warframe toss the weapon and catch it by its barrel, ejecting the capacitor and putting in a new one, then tosses the weapon again and catches it by its grip.
- The second, which occurs from a fully depleted magazine, is similar to the first, but instead, the weapon is caught using the opposite hand, and the capacitor is slammed into the gun with the gun hand more forcefully while producing an shockwave.
- The Quatz is the second weapon that utilizes different Trigger Types from aiming rather than Alternate Fire.
- The first weapon was the before its rework in Update 20.0 (2017-03-24), having a semi-auto trigger type upon aiming instead of automatic.
- Quatz is derived from the corruption of Quartz, a very common crystal of silicon dioxide. Its damage and the discharge produced while reloading references the piezoelectric property of Quartz, the ability to produce a voltage upon the mechanical deformation of the crystal structure.
Last updated: Hotfix 25.4.1 (2019-07-24)
- , the melee counterpart of this weapon.
- , a Grineer four-barreled rifle that fires four round simultaneous bursts.
- , a Grineer rifle with functionally equivalent firing modes.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|