The Quanta Vandal is the Vandal variant of the mining laser cutter, offered as a reward for attaining a minimum of 1,500 points in the Operation False Profit event. It features a larger magazine size, higher status chance and increased Alternate Fire damage output over the original.
This weapon deals damage on its Primary Fire and damage on its Alternate Fire.
- Primary Fire shoots two concentrated continuous beams.
- Innate damage – effective against Machinery and Robotics.
- High critical chance and critical multiplier.
- Very high overall status chance.
- Innate multishot of 2 beams.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Tied with the for the longest reach of all range-limited weapons, 50 meters.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Alternate Fire lobs a small cube. It explodes in 6 meter radius from contact, being shot at, or being left alone after 8 seconds.
- Innate polarity.
- Primary Fire:
- Innate damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Damage ramps up from 30% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 30% over 2 seconds.
- Alternate Fire:
- Quanta Vandal (Beam), compared to Quanta (Beam):
- Higher base damage per projectile (13 vs. 10)
- Higher total damage (26 vs. 20)
- Higher base critical chance (22.00% vs. 16.00%)
- Higher base critical multiplier (2.4x vs. 2.2x)
- Higher base status chance (45.00% vs. 24.00%)
- Higher average damage per tap (34.00 vs. 23.84)
- Higher burst DPS (408.09 vs. 286.08)
- Higher sustained DPS (359.55 vs. 238.4)
- Larger magazine (80 vs. 60)
- Larger max ammo capacity (560 vs. 540)
- Faster reload time (1.8 vs. 2)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Higher Mastery Rank required (10 vs. 4)
The Quanta Vandal is now potentially sold by Baro Ki'Teer in the Concourse section of the Tenno Relay for 300,000 and 450. Note that Baro Ki'Teer's stock changes with each appearance, and this weapon may not be available on a succeeding appearance.
- When combining elements, the Quanta Vandal's element is added last. This means if, for example, and damage mods were added, the elemental damage results would be and .
- Additional cubes generated by multishot mods will follow a similar trajectory, however once they move far enough apart, they will likely collide with each other and bounce off in opposite directions. This effect can be avoided using at a high enough rank.
- Heavy Caliber will not affect the accuracy of the primary fire as badly as it does on other continuous weapons, but multishot will affect the secondary fire by launching the cubes at noticeably different angles.
- The Quanta Vandal has a secondary fire mode that lets it shoot cubes that travel up to 15 meters before stopping in mid-air.
- Cube explosion deals .
- Cubes automatically explode 8 seconds after stopping in mid-air.
- Cubes can bounce off environmental objects but will explode upon impact with enemies.
- Cubes can be detonated by being fired upon by any weapon.
- Cubes detonated this way deal bonus damage.
- There is no limit to how many cubes can be fired at any given time, being only limited by the amount of ammo in the magazine.
- If an element is combined with the Quanta Vandal's base damage, the additional element can proc by itself during a cube explosion, ex. adding to form can result in the Cube dealing proc. This happens because when the default element is combined with other elements to get a combined element, the combined element only works on the primary fire, but not on the explosion on the secondary fire.
- Punch Through mods modify the behavior of cubes. Instead of detonating on impact with an enemy, the cubes will pass through that enemy while still dealing its usual damage.
- Cubes can also pass through any object without bouncing, with the distance penetrated dependent upon the punch-through distance of the current mod. In both cases, the cube will lose its punch-through behavior after it has traveled its slated punch-through distance through enemies or objects, regaining its ability to bounce off walls and detonate upon enemy contact.
- The cube's damage element is retained even if additional elements are installed unto the weapon, giving it a chance to proc on explosions.
- will increase the flight speed of the cubes and the distance they travel before coming to a complete stop.
- Fire rate mods shorten the time between firing a cube.
- The Quanta Vandal's cubes will detonate if exposed to weapons fire, including explosions from other nearby cubes. This can be used to create a chain detonation by launching multiple cubes within explosion range of each other, then shooting one of them to detonate all the cubes.
- Cubes will immediately explode when impacting Blunts, Bulwarks, s, s and Ramparts, allowing players to instantly deal high amounts of damage.
- This is the sixth Vandal weapon to be released.
Quanta Vandal Skins
Last updated: Hotfix 188.8.131.52 (2018-03-28)
- , the original version of this weapon.
- , the hybrid Infested version of the original weapon.
- , the fully Infested version of the original weapon.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|