The Quanta is a Corpus mining laser cutter used by Corpus Quanta Rangers and is the basis of the Infested Mutalist Quanta and Paracyst weapons, although they share little in common aside from basic appearances and similarly functioning Alternate Fires. It features high Electricity damage with perfect accuracy and an Alternate Fire mode which launches explosive energy cubes that detonate on contact with enemies and weapons fire or after a short period of time. It can be researched from the Energy Lab in the dojo.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 150||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- Primary Fire shoots a continuous beam.
- Innate Electricity damage – effective against Machinery and Robotics.
- Good critical chance.
- Above average critical multiplier.
- High overall status chance.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Heavy Caliber's accuracy penalty is minimal.
- Tied with the Quanta Vandal for the longest reach of all range-limited weapons, 50 meters.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Alternate Fire lobs a small cube. It explodes in 6 meter radius from contact, being shot at, or being left alone after 8 seconds.
- Above average critical multiplier.
- Innate polarity.
- Primary Fire:
- Alternate Fire:
- Quanta, compared to Quanta Vandal:
- Lower base damage (20.0 vs. 26.0)
- Lower primary critical chance (16% vs. 22%)
- Lower primary critical multiplier (2.2x vs. 2.4x)
- Lower primary status chance (24% vs. 45%)
- Smaller magazine (60 rounds vs. 80 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (540 rounds vs. 560 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (2 s vs. 1.8 s)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (4 vs. 10)
- Higher disposition (1.4 vs. 1.35)
- Quanta, compared to Mutalist Quanta:
- Lower base damage (20.0 vs. 25.0)
- Higher area attack damage (100.0 vs. 20.0)
- Higher secondary attack damage (600.0 vs. 100.0)
- Higher secondary mode status chance (26% vs. 0%)
- Lower secondary mode fire rate (4 rounds/sec vs. 10 rounds/sec)
- Higher primary critical chance (16% vs. 2.5%)
- Higher primary critical multiplier (2.2x vs. 1.5x)
- Higher primary status chance (24% vs. 15%)
- Higher fire rate (12 rounds/sec vs. 10 rounds/sec)
- Faster reload speed (2 s vs. 3 s)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (4 vs. 2)
- Lower disposition (1.4 vs. 1.5)
- See Category:Quanta Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Quanta Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Like the Mutalist Quanta, the Quanta has a secondary fire mode that lets it shoot cubes that travel up to 15 meters before stopping in mid-air.
- Cube explosion deals Blast.
- Cubes automatically explode 8 seconds after stopping in mid-air.
- Cubes can bounce off environmental objects but will explode upon impact with enemies.
- Cubes can be detonated by being fired upon by any weapon.
- Cubes detonated this way deal bonus damage.
- Unlike the Mutalist Quanta, there is no limit to how many cubes can be fired at any given time, being only limited by the amount of ammo in the magazine.
- If an element is combined with the Quanta's base Electricity damage, the additional element can proc by itself during a cube explosion, ex. adding Heat to form Radiation can result in the Cube dealing Heat proc. This happens because when the default Electricity element is combined with other element to get a combined element, the combined element only works on the primary fire, but not on the explosion on the secondary fire.
- Punch Through mods modify the behavior of cubes. Instead of detonating on impact with an enemy, the cubes will pass through that enemy while still dealing its usual damage.
- Cubes can also pass through any object without bouncing, with the distance penetrated dependent upon the punch-through distance of the current mod. In both cases, the cube will lose its punch-through behavior after it has traveled its slated punch-through distance through enemies or objects, regaining its ability to bounce off walls and detonate upon enemy contact.
- The cube's Blast damage element is retained even if additional elements are installed unto the weapon, giving it a chance to proc on explosions.
- Terminal Velocity will increase the flight speed of the cubes and the distance they travel before coming to a complete stop.
- Fire rate mods shorten the time between firing a cube.
- The Quanta is only available from clan research in the Energy lab.
- When combining elements, the Quanta's Electricity element is added last. This means if, for example, Cold and Toxin damage mods were added, the elemental damage results would be Viral and Electricity.
- Additional cubes generated by Split Chamber will follow a similar trajectory, however once they move far enough apart, they will likely collide with each other and bounce off in opposite directions. This effect can be avoided using Heavy Caliber at a high enough rank.
- Heavy Caliber will not affect the accuracy of the primary fire as badly as it does on other continuous weapons, but multishot will affect the secondary fire by launching the cubes at noticeably different angles.
- The Quanta's cubes will detonate if exposed to weapons fire, including explosions from other nearby cubes. This can be used to create a chain detonation by launching multiple cubes within explosion range of each other, then shooting one of them to detonate all the cubes.
- Cubes will immediately explode when impacting Blunts, Bulwarks, Decoys, Molts and Ramparts, allowing players instantly deal high amounts of damage.
- The innate polarity matches Primed Cryo Rounds.
- Unlike the Mutalist Quanta, the weapon's arms do not rotate when firing, and instead both ends are used to emit two laser beams that meet together at the reticle.
- As it was originally intended as a mining tool, it is likely that the laser emitters would not have aimed at the same point, but instead cut around a location, with the arms rotating to cut out mineral hotspots in the shape of a cone. As a weapon, however, there would be little use for this level of articulation. Aiming the lasers at a single point alone would be enough for a weapon. As such, the rotation would not be needed.
- The Quanta appears to fire two beams at once. If a Riven Mod with more than -50% multishot is installed, the bottom beam stops firing.
- It was previously believed that both lasers emitted are cosmetic, and the true laser that actually strikes the enemy is invisible and projects from the center of the gun, as when punch through is added, only the lower laser appears to collide with anything.
- This is the only weapon that can equip both Sinister Reach and Terminal Velocity.
- Despite the Quanta being the original Corpus version of the weapon, it was introduced into the game after the Mutalist Quanta.
- Its default colors are the same as the Mutalist version, although only the Primary, Secondary and Energy affect its colors.
- The Quanta is used by Quanta Rangers in Corpus Archwing missions.
- Quanta Vandal, the Vandal variant of this weapon.
- Mutalist Quanta, the hybrid Infested version of this weapon.
- Paracyst, the fully Infested version of this weapon.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|