The Pyrana is a secondary automatic Tenno shotgun, available from the Tenno Lab. With its fast fire rate and high Slash damage, the Pyrana can easily decimate groups of lightly armored targets or the Infested. However, this is counterbalanced by its high recoil and damage falloff.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Tenno Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage - effective against health.
- High critical chance.
- Fully automatic.
- Efficient ammo economy.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and armor.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 27.27% from 15m to 30m target distance (distances are affected by projectile flight speed).
- Low status chance.
- Before 100% status chance, the listed status chance is the base chance per shot that at least one pellet will proc a status; the actual base status chance per pellet is ~0.87%.
- Low accuracy.
- High recoil, especially on full auto.
- Shots goes to the right and up. Horizontally it hits rightmost side of the reticle at 3m, worsening at longer distances.
- Pyrana, compared to Pyrana Prime:
- Higher base damage (264.0 vs. 240.0)
- Lower critical chance (20% vs. 24%)
- Lower critical multiplier (2x vs. 2.2x)
- Lower status chance (10% vs. 12%)
- Higher fire rate (4.17 rounds/sec vs. 4 rounds/sec)
- Shorter range before damage falloff starts (15m vs. 18m)
- Shorter range before damage falloff ends (30m vs. 36m)
- Smaller magazine (10 rounds vs. 12 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (2 s vs. 1.6 s)
- Less accurate (5 vs. 6)
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (12 vs. 13)
- See Category:Pyrana Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Pyrana Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The listed damage is actually a combination of all twelve pellets' damage values. The actual damage per pellet is 2.2 impact, 2.2 puncture, and 17.6 slash.
- While more ammo-efficient than other full-auto secondaries like the Viper, Pistol Ammo Mutation, Pistol Scavenger or Team Ammo Restores can still help counteract the Pyrana's heavy ammo expenditure if fired continuously in full auto.
- To reduce the massive amounts of recoil, use Steady Hands.
- Barrel Diffusion can greatly increase the amount of pellets per shot (a fully ranked Barrel Diffusion can yield up to 26 pellets per shot). Although it can be paired with Lethal Torrent for more pellets, it will increase your rate of fire tremendously and deplete your ammo very quickly.
- However, the net result is 33-34 pellets, the second highest amount of all shotguns, behind the Twin Rogga. Coupled with its high crit chance, it can be a very deadly close-quarters weapon.
- Combining Punch Through mods such as Seeker (Mod) will make this weapon especially deadly against clustered enemies coming in too close.
- The weapon's name, design and description are all derived from the piranha, an omnivorous freshwater fish that inhabits South American rivers. The piranha is well known for hunting its prey in packs and viciously tearing it apart.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.10.8