The Pyrana is a secondary automatic Tenno shotgun, available from the Tenno Lab. With its fast fire rate and high damage, the Pyrana can easily decimate groups of lightly armored targets or the Infested. However, this is counterbalanced by its high recoil and damage falloff.
- High damage – effective against health.
- High critical chance.
- Innate multishot of 12 pellets.
- Efficient ammo economy.
- Low and damage – less effective against shields and armor.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 27.27% from 15m to 30m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Low overall status chance.
- Low accuracy.
- High recoil, especially on full auto.
- Shots goes to the right and up. Horizontally it hits rightmost side of the reticle at 3m, worsening at longer distances.
- Pyrana (Normal), compared to Pyrana Prime (Normal):
- Lower base damage per projectile (22 vs. 24)
- Higher total damage (264 vs. 240)
- Lower base critical chance (20% vs. 24%)
- Lower base critical multiplier (2x vs. 2.2x)
- Lower base status chance (2.5% vs. 3.6%)
- Higher average damage per shot (316.8 vs. 309.12)
- Higher burst DPS (1,321.06 vs. 1,236.48)
- Lower sustained DPS (720.31 vs. 806.4)
- Closer starting damage falloff distance (15m vs. 18m)
- Closer ending damage falloff distance (30m vs. 36m)
- Lesser max damage reduction at ending falloff distance (0.73x vs. 0.75x)
- Higher fire rate (4.17 round(s)/sec vs. 4 round(s)/sec)
- Higher multishot (12 projectile(s) vs. 10 projectile(s))
- Smaller magazine (10 round(s) vs. 12 round(s))
- Slower reload time (2 s vs. 1.6 s)
- Less accurate (5 vs. 6.1)
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (12 vs. 13)
- Higher disposition (0.95 vs. 0.6)
- Higher multishot count (12 vs. 10)
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Tenno Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- While more ammo-efficient than other full-auto secondaries like the , , or Squad Ammo Restores can still help counteract the Pyrana's heavy ammo expenditure if fired continuously in full auto.
- To reduce the massive amounts of recoil, use .
- can greatly increase the amount of pellets per shot (a fully ranked Barrel Diffusion can yield up to 26 pellets per shot). Although it can be paired with for more pellets, it will increase your rate of fire tremendously and deplete your ammo very quickly.
- However, the net result is 33-34 pellets, the second highest amount of all shotguns, behind the . Coupled with its high crit chance, it can be a very deadly close-quarters weapon.
- Combining Punch Through mods such as will make this weapon especially deadly against clustered enemies coming in too close.
- The weapon's name, design and description are all derived from the piranha, an omnivorous freshwater fish that inhabits South American rivers. The piranha is well known for hunting its prey in packs and viciously tearing it apart.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.10.8 (2018-10-25)
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|