|Rank||Toxin Damage||Status Chance||Duration||Cost|
This mod is part of a set, whose set bonus increases with each additional mod equipped from that set.
Proton Set: During a Wall-Latch, gain X% damage resistance.
|Mods Equipped||Damage Resistance|
- Proton Snap's bonus is additive rather than multiplicative.
Total Status chance = Base Status Chance × (1 + Normal Status Chance Mods) + Proton Snap
- For example, a with a max rank , Proton Snap, and at a 2.0x combo mulitplier will have a 20% × (1 + 90% + 40% × (2.0 - 1) ) + 50% = 96% status chance.
- Must be equipped to Exalted Weapons to apply to them.
- Fully applies to pseudo-exalted melee skills including , , , and .
- In rare cases where stances multiply modded status chance on attacks, such as 's first hit of Wings and Beak, they will not multiply Proton Snap's bonus.
Total Status chance = Base Status Chance × (1 + Normal Status Chance Mods) × (1 + Stance Status Chance Bonus) + Proton Snap
- The will combine with other elements according to Proton Snap's mod placement. Because this only applies while Proton Snap is active, it is possible to change elements in the middle of play by activating and deactivating the effect.
- If equipped alongside a Toxin mod or on a weapon with innate Toxin damage, Proton Snap will not allow for changing of elements, and will instead work based on where the first toxin mod is placed (including Proton Snap).
- Equipping Proton Snap on Deconstructor will grant the damage reduction set bonus to the player, but not the damage and status chance bonus.
- Deconstructor will not receive the bonus damage or status chance if Proton Snap is equipped on it.
- Proton Snap does not extend its effects to weapons it is not equipped on or abilities.
- Most useful on weapons or abilities affected by melee mods with such low base Status Chance that even does not have a significant enough effect, or cannot be equipped. For example, when activated this mod will allow Slash Dash to deal Status Effects.
- Useful on Exalted Blade in the case where is not in use to keep or other physical damage types, yet have the Status Chance to make use of such.
- It was first seen on Devstream 124, under the name Spider Venom.
|Augur||• • • • •|
|Gladiator||• • • • •|
|Hunter||• • • • •|
|Mecha||• • •|
|Strain||• • •|
|Synth||• • •|
|Tek||• • •|
|Vigilante||• • • • •|