The Prisma Gorgon is the Prisma variant of the Gorgon light machine gun, featuring higher critical chance, critical multiplier, status chance, fire rate, accuracy, magazine size and capacity, and faster spool-up and reload, at a slight expense of damage.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- Tied with Soma/ Soma Prime, Telos Boltor, and Tenora Prime for the second highest critical chance of all fully automatic rifles, behind Battacor and Acceltra.
- High critical multiplier.
- Good status chance.
- High accuracy at short range.
- High damage per second once fully spooled.
- High sustainable fire rate.
- Large magazine size.
- Large ammo capacity.
- Low Slash and Puncture damage – less effective against health and armor.
- Very slow reload speed.
- Requires a spool-up of 7 shots before optimal fire rate is achieved.
- Fire rate starts at 20% of the listed value, and increases by 13.33% per shot.
- Inaccurate beyond medium range.
- Inefficient ammo economy.
- Prisma Gorgon, compared to Gorgon:
- Lower base damage (23.0 vs. 25.0)
- Higher critical chance (30% vs. 17%)
- Higher critical multiplier (2.3x vs. 1.5x)
- Higher status chance (15% vs. 9%)
- Higher fire rate (14.17 rounds/sec vs. 12.5 rounds/sec)
- Larger magazine (120 rounds vs. 90 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (840 rounds vs. 540 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (3 s vs. 4.2 s)
- Faster spool-up (7 rounds vs. 9 rounds)
- More accurate (20 vs. 12)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (11 vs. 3)
- Lower disposition (1.3 vs. 1.4)
- Prisma Gorgon, compared to Gorgon Wraith:
- Lower base damage (23.0 vs. 27.0)
- Higher critical chance (30% vs. 15%)
- Higher critical multiplier (2.3x vs. 1.9x)
- Lower status chance (15% vs. 21%)
- Higher fire rate (14.17 rounds/sec vs. 13.3 rounds/sec)
- Larger magazine (120 rounds vs. 90 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (840 rounds vs. 900 rounds)
- Slower spool-up (7 rounds vs. 6 rounds)
- More accurate (20 vs. 17)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (11 vs. 7)
- Lower disposition (1.3 vs. 1.35)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Prisma Gorgon is potentially sold by Baro Ki'Teer in the Concourse section of the Tenno Relay for 50,000 and 600. Note that Baro Ki'Teer's stock changes with each appearance, and this weapon may not be available on a succeeding appearance.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While the Prisma Gorgon has the same vertical recoil behavior as the Gorgon and the Gorgon Wraith, it has significantly reduced horizontal recoil, which combined with higher accuracy stats makes the weapon overall more manageable at longer ranges.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Like the Gorgon and the Gorgon Wraith, the Prisma Gorgon has a spool-down period in which it can retain its maximum rate of fire after releasing the trigger. Firing the weapon to maximum rate of fire, releasing the trigger and then firing before the spool-down period finishes allows the weapon to be fired in short bursts.
- Speed Trigger and/or Shred speeds up the rate of fire, which subsequently reduces the time needed to spool up to maximum fire rate. Doing so will hasten the rate at which the weapon consumes ammo, however.
- The Prisma Gorgon's high rate of fire makes it ammo inefficient. Rifle Ammo Mutation and/or Rifle Scavenger mods can be used to maintain a steady supply of ammo. Alternatively, use Squad Ammo Restores to instantly replenish ammo. Due to the weapon's large ammo reserve capacity, Ammo Drum will also have a higher and more beneficial impact. You can also make use of the Carrier Sentinel equipped with Ammo Case.
- Adding Punch Through via Shred or Metal Auger can aid ammo efficiency when dealing with large groups of enemies, particularly the Infested.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Prisma Gorgon was leaked as an entry in the player Profile under Equipment before it was formally introduced.
- Parts of the Prisma Gorgon have animated textures to differentiate it from its previous variants.
- The Prisma Gorgon also has modified firing sounds similar to a Prime weapon.
- The Prisma Gorgon's colors can be customized, a trait shared with its variants.
- The Prisma Gorgon was the first item to have the "Prisma" prefix in its name.
Media[edit | edit source]
Prisma Gorgon Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Gorgon, the standard version.
- Gorgon Wraith, the Event-exclusive Wraith version.
- Prisma, a special weapon variant.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|