- High damage – effective against armor.
- Good critical chance.
- Tied with for the fastest fire rate of all Sentinel weapons.
- Fast reload speed.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- More effective with than other sentinel weapons, due to its short overheat time and long cooldown time.
- Low and damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Low critical multiplier.
- Very low status chance.
- Low magazine size.
- Combined with its fast fire rate results in frequent reloading.
- Prime Laser Rifle (Normal), compared to Laser Rifle (Normal):
- Higher base damage per projectile (12 vs. 8)
- Higher total damage (12 vs. 8)
- Higher base critical chance (15% vs. 2.5%)
- Higher base critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 1.3x)
- Higher base status chance (5% vs. 2%)
- Higher average damage per shot (12.9 vs. 8.06)
- Higher burst DPS (129 vs. 13.46)
- Higher sustained DPS (37.94 vs. 9.61)
- Higher fire rate (10 round(s)/sec vs. 1.67 round(s)/sec)
- The Prime Laser Rifle can be visually distinguished from the by its golden yellow projectiles while firing, as opposed to the latter's blue projectiles.
- The Prime Laser Rifle is the first Primed Sentinel weapon, and the first Primed item to have the term "Prime" as prefix rather than a suffix.
- Despite the weapon itself being based off the Laser Rifle, the Prime Laser Rifle's icon is a primed version of the .
- When the Wyrm Prime was first introduced, it came equipped with the standard Laser Rifle on PC version, but it came equipped with the Prime Laser Rifle on the PS4. This technically makes the Prime Laser Rifle the first piece of content to appear on consoles first before the PC. This discrepancy was fixed in Hotfix 13.9.2 (2014-07-09).
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|