- The bonus only applies to the Starting Energy of a Warframe when entering a mission and respawning/reviving from death.
- Starting Energy = Initial Energy + (5 × Free Mod Capacity) + (Total Energy × Mod Multiplier)
- Example: A rank 30 Wisp equipped with Primed Flow has a Total Energy pool of 850 and a preset Initial Energy of 150. Let's say she has 9 Free (or available) Mod Capacity. When equipped with a rank 4 Preparation mod (+45%, or x0.45), the Warframe will have 150 + (5 * 9) + (850 * 0.45) = 577.5 Starting Energy.
- Example 2: The same setup but with a rank 8 Preparation mod (+82%, or x0.82), the Warframe will have 150 + (5 * 9) + (850 * 0.82) = 892 Starting Energy. In this example, the surplus is effectively lost as it surpasses the 850 Max Energy cap.
- As per the second example, higher ranks of this mod are redundant.
- Between rank 4 and rank 6 of this mod, the increase seems to be around 9.5% instead of the linear 9% from other ranks. This makes a rank 5 Preparation actually grant a 54.5% bonus from Total Energy.
- This is because the max effect of this mod (100% of energy capacity filled) is not evenly divisible by 11 mod ranks. Mods do not display values in the decimal places.
- Does not work when transitioning between Zones in Sanctuary Onslaught, only when first entering the mission or reviving at any point.
- Does not work on Arenas (Index, Rathuum), not even when re-spawning after death.
- Falling out of bounds and reappearing does not count as spawning for the purposes of this mod.
- It's recommended at lower-than-max rank on Warframes with high Energy capacity and average Initial Energy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.