The Pox are a thrown Infested weapon released in Update: The Silver Grove. Similar to the Torid, the Pox's projectiles release a Toxin cloud upon coming into contact with a surface or enemy, making it ideal for large groups or area denial. However, its low magazine size and ammunition reserves mean that players must be mindful of their ammo.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Bio Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Prereq: Dual Toxocyst|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Toxin damage.
- Third highest base damage of all throwing-type secondaries, behind Castanas and Sancti Castanas.
- Spores explode in a ? meter radius upon impact with a surface or enemy, lingering for 4 seconds while dealing continuous Toxin damage.
- Does not inflict self-stagger.
- Highest status chance of all fully automatic secondaries, and second highest status chance of all throwing-type secondaries behind Fusilai's alt-fire.
- High reload speed.
- Can benefit from Fulmination.
- Innate Toxin damage – less effective against Robotic and Fossilized.
- Lowest critical chance of all throwing-type weapons.
- Tied with Talons for second lowest magazine size of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Lowest fire rate of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Slow projectile flight speed, with heavy arcing.
- Cannot use thrown-exclusive mod Concealed Explosives.
- Listed damage is 120 in game, however the actual damage is 150 when hitting an enemy directly and letting the cloud deal full damage for the duration.
- As the Pox explode on contact with surfaces instead of sticking to them, adding Heat, Electricity or Blast damage is recommended to keep enemies in the clouds for extended periods.
- The high status chance of the Pox, along with its innate Toxin damage makes it an effective tool to strip off enemy armor via Corrosive procs.
- This weapon performs especially well in corridors and cramped spaces where enemies are forced to cluster together, and the stacked gas clouds can make short work of them.
- Pox users should be mindful about their ammo reserves when using this tactic, however, because they might find themselves ganged up by enemies while trying to pick up ammo drops.
- Pox refers to a type of disease that is characterized by pustules or pockmarks that cover the whole body, examples of which include Chickenpox and Smallpox.
- In earlier times, Pox may be used to refer to diseases in general, or a curse.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.10.8