The Pox are a thrown Infested weapon that, similar to the , releases a cloud upon coming into contact with a surface or enemy, making it ideal for large groups or area denial. However, its low magazine size and ammunition reserves mean that players must be mindful of their ammo.
- Third highest base damage of all throwing-type secondaries, behind and .
- Spores explode in a 3.6 meter radius upon impact with a surface or enemy, lingering for 4 seconds while dealing continuous damage.
- Does not inflict self-stagger.
- Initial hit and spore cloud apply status separately.
- Explosion does not need direct line of sight to deal damage and will penetrate walls.
- Highest status chance of all fully automatic secondaries, and highest status chance of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Fast reload speed.
- Can benefit from ( ).
- Innate damage – less effective against Robotic and Fossilized.
- Lowest critical chance of all throwing-type weapons.
- Tied with for second lowest magazine size of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Lowest fire rate of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Slow Projectile Speed, with heavy arcing.
- Cannot use thrown-exclusive mod .
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Bio Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Prereq: Dual Toxocyst|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- As the Pox explode on contact with surfaces instead of sticking to them, adding or damage is recommended to keep enemies in the clouds for extended periods.
- The high status chance of the Pox, along with its innate damage makes it an effective tool to reduce enemy armor via procs or amp other attacks with procs.
- This weapon performs especially well in corridors and cramped spaces where enemies are forced to cluster together, and the stacked gas clouds can make short work of them.
- Pox users should be mindful about their ammo reserves when using this tactic, however, because they might find themselves ganged up by enemies while trying to pick up ammo drops.
- Pox refers to a type of disease that is characterized by pustules or pockmarks that cover the whole body, examples of which include Chickenpox and Smallpox.
- In earlier times, Pox may be used to refer to diseases in general, or a curse.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.10.8 (2018-10-25)
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|