The Pox are a thrown Infested weapon released in Update: The Silver Grove. Similar to the Torid, the Pox's projectiles release a toxic cloud upon coming into contact with a surface or enemy, making it ideal for large groups or area denial. However, its low magazine size and ammunition reserves mean that players must be mindful of their ammo.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Bio Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Prereq: Dual Toxocyst|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Toxin damage.
- Third highest base damage of all throwing-type secondaries, behind Castanas and Sancti Castanas.
- Spores create gas clouds which deal 10 Toxin damage per second for 4 seconds.
- Pox gas cloud deals damage over time and can be stacked.
- Pox gas clouds do not inflict self-damage.
- Highest status chance of all fully automatic secondaries, and second highest status chance of all throwing-type secondaries behind Fusilai's alt-fire.
- High reload speed.
- Can use the pistol exclusive Fulmination Mod.
- Innate Toxin damage – less effective against Robotic and Fossilized.
- Lowest critical chance of all throwing-type weapons.
- Tied with Talons for second lowest magazine size of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Lowest fire rate of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Slow projectile flight speed, with heavy arcing.
- Cannot use thrown-exclusive mod Concealed Explosives.
- The Poison Cloud deals 20 Toxin damage per second during its 5 second duration, totaling 100 Toxin damage.
- Each second during the Poison Cloud's duration factors in Pox's status and crit chance as well, allowing each tick of damage to potentially proc and/or crit until the 5 seconds ends.
- Additionally, each tick of damage will also guarantee a Toxin proc with a halved duration (from 8 seconds to 4 seconds). Thus granting a possible 200 additional Toxin damage assuming the hostile remains in the Poison Cloud for the entire 5 second duration, for a grand total of 300 Toxin damage.
- Pox has a noticeably bigger lingering cloud when Fulmination is equipped.
- As the Pox explode on contact with surfaces instead of sticking to them, adding Heat, Electricity or Blast damage is recommended to keep enemies in the clouds for extended periods.
- The high status chance of the Pox, along with its innate Toxin damage makes it an effective tool to strip off enemy armor via Corrosive procs.
- This weapon performs especially well in corridors and cramped spaces where enemies are forced to cluster together, and the stacked gas clouds can make short work of them.
- Pox users should be mindful about their ammo reserves when using this tactic, however, because they might find themselves ganged up by enemies while trying to pick up ammo drops.
- Pox refers to a type of disease that is characterized by pustules or pockmarks that cover the whole body, examples of which include Chickenpox and Smallpox.
- In earlier times, Pox may be used to refer to diseases in general, or a curse.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.10.8