The Pox are a thrown Infested weapon that, similar to the Torid, releases a Toxin cloud upon coming into contact with a surface or enemy, making it ideal for large groups or area denial. However, its low magazine size and ammunition reserves mean that players must be mindful of their ammo.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals Toxin damage.
- Third highest base damage of all throwing-type secondaries, behind Castanas and Sancti Castanas.
- Spores explode in a 3.6 meter radius upon impact with a surface or enemy, lingering for 4 seconds while dealing continuous Toxin damage.
- Does not inflict self-stagger.
- Highest status chance of all fully automatic secondaries, and highest status chance of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Fast reload speed.
- Can benefit from Fulmination ( Primed).
- Innate Toxin damage – less effective against Robotic and Fossilized.
- Lowest critical chance of all throwing-type weapons.
- Tied with Talons for second lowest magazine size of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Lowest fire rate of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Slow Projectile Speed, with heavy arcing.
- Cannot use thrown-exclusive mod Concealed Explosives.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Bio Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Prereq: Dual Toxocyst|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As the Pox explode on contact with surfaces instead of sticking to them, adding Heat, Electricity or Blast damage is recommended to keep enemies in the clouds for extended periods.
- The high status chance of the Pox, along with its innate Toxin damage makes it an effective tool to reduce enemy armor via Corrosive procs or amp other attacks with Viral procs.
- This weapon performs especially well in corridors and cramped spaces where enemies are forced to cluster together, and the stacked gas clouds can make short work of them.
- Pox users should be mindful about their ammo reserves when using this tactic, however, because they might find themselves ganged up by enemies while trying to pick up ammo drops.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Pox refers to a type of disease that is characterized by pustules or pockmarks that cover the whole body, examples of which include Chickenpox and Smallpox.
- In earlier times, Pox may be used to refer to diseases in general, or a curse.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 23.10.8
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|