Powerfists are similar to Butchers, but use a single instead. Like Flameblades, they tend to take cover until a player is close, which can allow them to ambush players. This is further aided by their faster sprint speed. Upon closing on players Powerfists will charge their melee to inflict massive damage, and then follows it up with a combo of quick melee. Powerfists have a much longer charge time than Butchers, but after their long charge they will attack like normal. They can also perform a powerful ground slam, knocking enemies up in the air and inflicting damage.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- They possess similar attack strategies as Butchers.
- When Powerfists "prepare" to hit their target, their animation speed is set to be slower compared to other melee Grineer. This makes headshots surprisingly convenient.
- Powerfists can deal a status effect when they hit, temporarily increasing damage dealt to health.
Spawning Tips[edit | edit source]
- Powerfists, which only spawn in non-endless missions with a minimum mission level of at least 10, are most frequently found on Grineer Galleons near Mars, Ceres, Saturn or Sedna but may also appear on Grineer Asteroids (Saturn or Sedna) or within Grineer Shipyards (Sedna only).
- Powerfists can be commonly found in Capture mission types, such as Cassini, Saturn. They also appear frequently in Sabotage missions, such as Enceladus, Saturn.
- Mobile Defense missions, including Charybdis, Sedna, have a very high spawn rate for Powerfists. These can be potentially risky though as failing a mission yields no dropped mods.
|Tileset||Plains of Eidolon||Codex Scans||10|
|Statistics||Mod Drops||Flame Repellent 0.7587%|
Trick Mag 0.7587%
15 Endo 0.7587%
Cleanse Corpus 0.2211%
Rifle Aptitude 0.2211%
50 Endo 0.2211%
Enemy Sense 0.0303%
80 Endo 0.0303%
|+ + +++ ‐ ‐‐|
|++ +++ - -|
|Tileset||Grineer Asteroid Fortress||Codex Scans||10|
|Statistics||Mod Drops||Calculated Redirection 1.1382%|
Bane of Infested 0.1659%
Grim Fury 0.1659%
Target Cracker 0.1659%
50 Endo 0.1659%
Malicious Raptor 0.0303%
Seeking Force 0.0303%
|+ + +++ ‐ ‐‐|
|++ +++ - -|
- Kuva Powerclaws will also spawn near any active Kuva Siphon, regardless of tileset.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Powerfist's charged melee and quick melee damage seems to be reversed. Tested on a level 10 Powerfist, his charged melee only deals around 60 damage whilst his quick melee deals over 200 damage.
- Blocking while getting slam attacked by a Powerfist ( damage) it will oddly send you flying farther than not blocking.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to Update 13.6, this was a very uncommon enemy type, normally appearing in small numbers in Grineer Capture missions and very rarely in Exterminate.
- Update 13.6 increased the spawn rate of Powerfists, making them more common overall.