Plinx is a Corpus semi-automatic, battery-powered laser pistol with the ability to auto-refill its ammo passively similar to the . Possessing excellent critical chance and critical multiplier stats, this comes at the cost of a low status chance and very low ammunition.
- High damage – effective against armor.
- Innate damage – effective against Cloned Flesh, Infested, and Infested Flesh.
- Tied with for the third highest critical chance of all pistols, behind and fully charged .
- Tied with / and for the third highest critical multiplier of all pistols, behind and .
- Very high accuracy.
- Does not use ammo pickups; ammo regenerates over time.
- Has a 0.8 second delay after the weapon stops firing before regenerating ammo. Then, regenerates 20 ammo per second; takes 0.5 seconds to regenerate a fully depleted battery excluding the delay.
- No and damage – less effective against health and shields.
- Innate damage – less effective against Proto Shield.
- Very low status chance.
- Low magazine size.
- Shots have limited range.
- Does not benefit from mods that increase maximum ammo, due to lack of an ammo pool.
- Does not receive benefit from reload-triggered mods such as .
The Plinx's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 200||Blueprints Price:20,000|
- Because the 10 shots count as part of a single magazine rather than an ammo pool, mods like have no effect. Magazine increasing mods like , , or could be used instead but these mods have far less potency.
- In addition, the recharge rate is also fast enough to the point where increasing this recharge speed and delay has diminishing returns, offering little effect at the cost of a slot.
- The name likely refers to "plinking," a slang term for recreational target shooting.
- The weapon’s gameplay is most likely modelled after the Derringer type of pistol, known for typically having a small caliber and low ammo capacity, which is reflected in its stats. However, the Lato Prime is more visually similar to the Derringer Pistol in design than the Plinx.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|