“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
A Pigment is a type of resource which appears as a small tetrahedron (three-sided pyramid) dropped by specific enemies. Pigments are required for researching Polychrome Colors for the interior of a Clan Dojo.
Each Polychrome Color has an associated enemy, and will only drop if a color is being researched. The frequency of pigment drops and the number of pigments in each drop varies per color from 1 to 10.
Polychrome Color research can be started (and pigments can be turned in) at a Clan Dojo's Tenno Research Lab, at a separate terminal by the wall on the right. Each project will have a base cost of 10,000 and 5 to 550 pigments. These costs are increased by the Clan Tier Multiplier.
Once fully funded, the research for a color takes 36 hours. Only one color may be researched at a time, regardless of the number of Tenno Labs that are present in the Dojo. Research on one color may be paused to start research on another, but any pigment in clan member inventories that has not been donated to the research project will be deleted.
- Resource Boosters and Resource Drop Chance Boosters increase the amount of pigments that drop from enemies.
- Since the drop rate for pigments from bosses is 100%, the drop chance is doubled to 200%, resulting in twice as much of the item being dropped.
- This effectively results in a 2x quantity multiplier when only one of either booster is active, and a 4x quantity multiplier when both are active.
- When running missions as a team the drops will be multiplied by the number of people on the team that have the pigment being researched in their dojos.
- Also, similar to life support capsules, only one member of each clan can pick up the pigment from an enemy.
- Corpses can be Desecrated for a chance to drop an additional batch of pigments, and it is possible to dismember corpses to further increase the chances.
- Ivara’s Prowl can also be used to expedite the process of acquiring pigments.
- Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm with Pilfering Swarm can proc additional drops.
The table below contains a list of all researchable Polychrome colors, the enemy that drops the pigment, and the base pigment cost plus drop rates.
|Polychrome Name||Drops From||Base Quantity||Drop Rate||Pigments/Drop|