Atlas' hardened gaze will fossilize foes, heal Rumblers, and create Petrified Bulwarks. When shattered, petrified enemies drop healing Rubble for Atlas.
|Strength:100% (Rumbler heal)|
|Duration:5 / 10 / 15 / 20 s|
|Range:10 / 11 / 12 / 14 m (cone length)|
+50% (damage vulnerability)
1 (Rubble dropped per enemy)
- Atlas unleashes his hardened gaze in a conical burst of energy 10 / 11 / 12 / 14 meters long within a 60° field of view. All enemies caught within the cone are instantly turned into stone. Petrified enemies receive 50% more damage from all sources and are completely disabled from attacking or moving for 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 seconds.
- Petrify will not solidify enemies behind obstacles in the environment unless Atlas has line of sight.
- Damage vulnerability is not affected by mods.
- Stone duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Cone length is affected by Ability Range, while the field of view is not.
- Activation energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency.
- Casting animation speed is affected by Natural Talent and Speed Drift.
- When killed, each petrified enemy will drop 1 piece of Rubble for Atlas to pick up.
- Synergy: Casting Petrify on Atlas' stone constructs yields additional benefits.
- Petrified enemies are completely immune to status effects. Any duration-based status effect, such as a Bleed proc, that is applied before an enemy is petrified will be paused until Petrify wears off.
- If enemies are unaware once hit by Petrify, they will retain their unaware status upon being petrified.
- Bosses and Capture targets can not be petrified.
- Frozen enemies can not be petrified.
- Enemies will turn a darker tone and obtain a stone texture upon being petrified.
- Using Petrify on an enemy that is currently solidified will not refresh the stone duration. Once the enemy breaks free, it can be petrified once again.
- Casting Petrify will interrupt Atlas' actions and movement.
- Main article: Ore Gaze
- Since Petrify's cone is created at the end of the casting animation, Natural Talent and/or Speed Drift can speed up the process to produce a nearly instant flash.
- While the default casting animation is playing, the player can move the aiming reticle to reorient Atlas to keep moving enemies in his field of view before the flash occurs.
- Petrify enemies to amplify all damage dealt to them, including damage from weapons and abilities. This can further empower damage dealt by Landslide punch combos, Tectonics' boulder rolling and explosion, and Rumblers' punch, rock throw, and detonation.
- Although Bulwark can block line of sight to enemies, casting Petrify directly after creating a Bulwark will freeze enemies behind it due to line of sight mechanic rules. Enemies within a few seconds of being seen by Atlas or have noticed Atlas in that time are considered still in sight.
- Petrify gives Atlas an effective form of crowd control and also allows him to heal himself with Rubble.
- Use Petrify on Tectonics to create a Petrified Bulwark that rolls faster, rolls farther, and deals more damage when launched as a boulder.
- When Rumblers have taken damage, use Petrify on them to fully heal them to maximum health. Fully healed Rumblers ensure that their dropped Rubble provide the highest healing or bonus armor possible.
- Petrify enemies to keep them in place for Rumblers to beat down, since Rumbler's punch or stone throw will stagger or ragdoll enemies backward.
- Petrified enemies that are killed will undergo a special "shatter" death animation, similarly to enemies killed by innate Cold damage sources, producing an additional corpse.