Sacrifice shields to boost reload, and fire rate while converting damage inflicted on enemies into health for Harrow and nearby allies.
|Strength:5% (lifesteal on hit)|
20% / 25% / 30% / 35% (fire rate bonus)
40% / 50% / 60% / 70% (reload speed bonus)
|Duration:4 s (base time)|
1 / 1.05 / 1.11 / 1.25 s (bonus per 100 shields)
|Misc:50 m (affinity range)|
- Harrow flagellates himself twice with his thurible, sacrificing all of his shields and Overshields to gain 20% / 25% / 30% / 35% ranged and melee weapons fire rate and 40% / 50% / 60% / 70% reload speed bonuses. While active, 5% of any damage dealt by Harrow to enemies converts into Health for Harrow and allies within his Affinity Range. Penance has a base duration of 4 seconds, plus extra duration of 1 / 1.05 / 1.11 / 1.25 seconds for every 100 Shield and Overshields points drained.
- Lifesteal on hit, weapon fire rate, and reload speed bonuses are affected by Ability Strength.
- Base duration and bonus duration are affected by Ability Duration.
- Affinity Range is not affected by Ability Range but is affected by the Mending Unity passive in the Vazarin focus school.
- Casting animation of 2 seconds is affected by Natural Talent and Speed Drift.
- The amount of shields to be drained is determined on activation. Shield points from Condemn will not be drained if gained during Penance's casting animation.
- Each time Harrow flagellates himself, 50% of the total shield points are subtracted.
- While active, stylized art appears beneath the aiming reticle; when a player is healed by Penance, colored text denoting the amount of health healed from damage dealt briefly replaces the art for several seconds. Both visuals are affected by Harrow's Warframe energy color.
- Harrow's wounds on his back from flagellation emit piercing light in his chosen Warframe energy color.
- Casting Penance stops all of Harrow's movement and actions.
- Can be recast while active to stack extra duration to the remaining time, up to a maximum total duration of 120 seconds.
- Mod for a higher shield pool to gain more extra duration for Penance by default.
- Use Condemn to quickly replenish shields and Overshields to fuel Penance' extra duration.
- Build up your shield and Overshield pool again after casting Penance, then recast Penance to stack extra duration onto your remaining time to keep the ability active much longer.
- Guardian, Protect, Brief Respite & Arcane Barrier are useful for this ability as they are capable of restoring Harrow's shields.
- Cast Covenant before or after using Penance to protect yourself from damage when you are at your most vulnerable state.
- The fire rate bonus also affects melee weapons
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases base duration to 12.24 seconds and bonus duration to 3.83 seconds every 100 shield.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 12.5 energy.
- Reduces base duration to 1.6 seconds and bonus duration to 0.5 seconds every 100 shield.
- Maximized Ability Range has no positive effects on this ability.
- Reduces lifesteal on hit to 2%, fire speed bonus to 14%, and reload speed bonus to 28%
- Maximized Ability Strength increases lifesteal on hit to 20.6%, fire speed bonus to 144.2%, and reload speed bonus to 288.4%.