With intense focus, Mesa draws her Regulator pistols, shooting down her foes in rapid succession.
Energy Drain: 15 s-1
|Strength:100% / 115% / 133% / 150% (damage bonus)|
50 m (maximum shooting distance)
15° (minimum )
- Mesa stands her ground, holsters her current weapon, and draws her pistols as her secondary Exalted Weapon. While Peacemaker is active, a focus ring appears in the form of a blurred reticle which can be aimed at enemies. Holding the fire button will cause Mesa to auto-target random enemies inside the focus ring up to 50 meters away. Each gunshot will reduce the size of the focus ring until its field of vision is reduced to 15°.
- Maximum shooting distance is not affected by Ability Range.
- The focus ring's field of vision resets to its initial value if Peacemaker expires or is deactivated.
- In order to achieve target acquisition with Peacemaker, enemies have to be within range and positioned inside the focus ring, and the player's camera must have line of sight with the enemy.
- Mesa's Regulator pistols inflict 50 damage per shot. This is not affected by Ability Strength, but is instead affected by the weapon's mod configuration which will appear after the ability is unlocked, equipped in her , and buffs.
- Peacemaker has a built-in damage buff, increasing its base damage by 100% / 115% / 133% / 150%.
- Immediately upon drawing her Regulators, she receives another 150% damage buff
- As Peacemaker is fired, it receives another damage bonus which increases up to a maximum of 450% x Ability Strength + 150%.
- The damage bonus is applied additively.
- Maximum damage bonus and damage bonus per burst are affected by Ability Strength.
- The damage bonus increases linearly with every burst, with the maximum amount being reached at the 20th burst.
- Damage mods are applied multiplicatively to the 150% component.
- The damage bonus resets to its initial value if Peacemaker expires or is deactivated.
- The damage formula is given by the following:
If conditional strength bonuses are omitted, the formula simplifies to
- All gunshots have a 300% critical multiplier with a 25% critical chance, a 10% status chance, and 100% accuracy.
- Damage is divided into 50% , 25% , and 25% .
- The mods that can be equipped on and affect include:
- Regulators can not be equipped with pistol range mods (e.g., ), Acolyte Mods (e.g., ), or Amalgam Mods (e.g., ).
- Riven Mods are not generated for Regulators.
- Regulators cannot zoom, thus cannot benefit from , , , , , or .
- Peacemaker is affected by and can trigger Warframe Arcanes and Exodia Arcanes.
- The pistols are fired in bursts of two gunshots.
- The rate of fire will ramp up from 25% to 100% over 3.5 seconds when firing. The rate of fire will reset if the fire button is released or if no gunshots are fired during a brief period of inactivity.
- The Regulators are automatic; players need only to hold down the fire button to continue firing.
- Peacemaker drains 15 energy per second and will remain active so long as Mesa has energy.
- Peacemaker will end if Mesa runs out of energy or if deactivated by pressing the ability key again.
- Activation energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency.
- Energy drain is affected by Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration. Minimum energy drain is 3.75 energy/second.
- Mesa cannot replenish energy using , Rift Plane's innate energy regeneration, Squad Energy Restores, and/or while Peacemaker is active.
- Energy Orbs, Orokin Void Death Orb's energy restores, , , , , and 's Energy Motes can still replenish Mesa's energy during Peacemaker.
- Peacemaker's energy drain is not converted into shields by Augur Mods.
- Casting speed (drawing the Regulators) is affected by and .
- Holstering the Regulators upon deactivation is affected by holster speed mods, but not cast speed.
- The radius of the focus ring is affected by Ability Range, though the latter's effect is negligible.
- The formula used to calculate the field of view angle with mods is non-linear and .
- While Peacemaker is active, Regulators are the only weapon Mesa can use. She also cannot activate any of her other abilities, although can be deactivated with its stored damage applied to a single shot.
- can increase Peacemaker's damage.
- After a very brief "draw" period, Mesa is completely immobile and vulnerable to damage while Peacemaker is active, although she will resist crowd-controlling status effects and knockdowns.
- Peacemaker cannot target Capture Targets, 's Thralls, enemies inside a Nullifier Bubble, Kyta Raknoids, Condrix, nor the Teralyst, Gantulyst, or Hydrolyst.
- Peacemaker does not target invulnerable enemies.
- Peacemaker's shots can damage enemies across the Rift Plane.
- When activated the scenery around Mesa will be colored in a red hue. This effect is only noticable by Mesa's player.
- Main article: Regulators
The Regulators are and 's signature Exalted Weapon, which are used when her ability is activated. Unlike other ranged weapons, the rapid-firing Regulators will automatically target and shoot at enemies within a large aiming circle directed by the player, removing the need for precise aim.
- Main article: Mesa's Waltz
- Casting before activating Peacemaker is recommended, due to Mesa becoming vulnerable to attacks while Peacemaker is active.
- While you cannot initiate movement while channeling Peacemaker, it can be cast while falling or immediately after initiating a bullet-jump, thus allowing you to start shooting before you actually arrive at your intended location. Channeling Peacemaker also makes you immune to the stagger effect you would normally receive upon hitting the ground after a long fall.
- makes a great complement to Mesa when using this ability, as using on Mesa allows her to become immune to enemy damage while also allowing her to damage enemies outside of the Rift Plane with her Peacemaker. If is cast anywhere with enemies inside Mesa may take damage if they fire at her, even she is not inside the but still under the effect of .
- While in the Rift Plane you should deactivate Peacemaker whenever possible to regain energy, especially in a group with multiple Mods.
- Similar to most Warframe abilities, Peacemaker targets the enemy's torso to inflict damage. It is particularly effective against Corrupted Vor as all Regulator pistol shots will always hit Vor's energy core, the only body part where he is vulnerable to damage.
- Since Mesa stays immobile with Peacemaker active, it's highly suggested to bring a Sentinel with equipped to pick up Energy Orbs and prolong the duration Peacemaker stays active.
- Because of the red hue that affects the scenery around you, using a red energy color can make it more difficult to see the focus ring, which uses the energy color.
- Shots ignore, both friendly and hostile, snowglobes (Mesa can hit targets on the opposite side of a snowglobe whilst standing outside of it) and certain obstacles (such as Defense cryopods).
- Occasionally the draw animation for the Regulator pistols may not occur.
- Peacemaker's fire rate is severely hindered when the user's FPS is lower than 30, with lesser FPS resulting in lesser fire rate.
- Peacemaker can be utilized by Specters and still allow them to move to a certain degree of minimal slowdown.
- When viewed in the Orbiter's Arsenal, the FoV angle is fixed at 15°, regardless of Mesa's range value. When viewed in a mission, however, its value will be affected by Ability Range mods. It is currently unknown whether the angle's value is meant to be fixed at 15° or not.