The Pathocyst is an Infested Glaive that is the signature weapon of the Zealoid Prelate, boasting innate Viral damage and high status chance, and releases Maggots when attacking enemies or when thrown. The Pathocyst was introduced in Hotfix 25.7.7.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
This weapon deals primarily Viral damage.
- Highest base damage of all glaives.
- Good critical chance.
- Above average critical multiplier.
- Tied with Glaive Prime and Cerata for the second-highest status chance of all glaives, behind Falcor.
- Slam Radial Damage deals Toxin damage.
- Heavy Attack throws the glaive, which can bounce up to three times or travels up to 30 meters before returning to the user, damaging anyone in its path.
- Primary and secondary weapons can be fired and reloaded normally with a thrown glaive, and retrieving the glaive does not interrupt these actions.
- Thrown glaive is silent.
- Glaive can explode in a 4.9 meter radius mid-flight by pressing the melee button which also forces a return.
- During flight or when striking an enemy, the glaive drops Infested pods which quickly hatch into Maggots that last for 7 seconds and will fight alongside the player.
- Maggots can latch onto enemies and stagger them.
- Maggots may also appear on any normal attack done to enemies.
- Can be wielded in-tandem with a single-handed secondary weapon.
- Innate and polarities.
- Innate Viral damage – less effective against Infested and Infested Sinew.
- Low Puncture damage – less effective against armor.
- Slowest attack speed of all glaives.
- Cannot use melee attacks while the glaive is in mid-flight.
- Explosion inflicts self-stagger.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from central impact.
- Only glaive with no innate Punch Through when thrown.
- Spawned maggots deal negligible damage.
- Spawned maggots will alert enemies, despite the weapon being silent.
- Spawned maggots have a limited lifespan.
- See Category:Pathocyst Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Pathocyst Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Slam Radial Damage has a 35% chance to inflict the Toxin status effect, but is unaffected by status chance mods.
- Acquired blueprints can be sold for 2,500 each while its components can be sold for 3,500 each.
- Maggots spawned by the Pathocyst do not interact with Nidus's abilities or the Strain Mod Set.
- Spawned maggots do not benefit from additional damage from abilities (except Roar and Molecular Primed enemies) or elemental boost augments such as Smite Infusion.
- Leveling the Pathocyst through stealth can be very challenging, due to maggots spawning sometimes through stealth finishers, and many more spawning through thrown attacks, which will alert enemies. Exploding maggots, while dealing low damage, may immediately thrust enemies out of a 'sleep state' (eg Sleep Arrow from Quiver or Rest & Rage) with no wakeup animation, who may then see dead bodies.
- It is important to mod the weapon with fire rate and finisher damage to ensure one-shot kills on enemies, but also extra awareness of which enemies in range are asleep or out of visual range, and which are not. Maggots may also suddenly sprint very quickly, darting around a corner if they detect enemies and then getting shot at, alerting the area.
- Properties of exploding Maggots:
- Explosions have 0% crit chance and status chance. (More testing required to find out damage type).
- Explosion damage can be increased through base damage modifiers (e.g. Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike).
- Maggot damage is not enhanced by combo multiplier, faction damage modifiers, elemental modifiers, or physical damage modifiers.
- Maggots spawn at the same level as the weapon's current rank. For Example, a rank 24 Pathocyst will spawn level 24 Maggots.
- The Pathocyst is the only Glaive that simply gains bonus damage on thrown attacks. All other Glaive weapons also gain bonus Status and/or boosts to Crits.
- The main benefit of the spawned maggots is crowd control; Enemies will be briefly distracted by running maggots or stunned when they manage to latch onto them, but due to their limited life spawn they won't last long.
- Modding the Pathocyst with high-status chance and Cold damage will extend the duration of the stun when maggots latch, assuming the cold damage procs. This can slightly boost the effectiveness of latched maggots.
Last updated: Update 26.0