- Highest base damage of all glaives.
- Good critical chance.
- Above average critical multiplier.
- Tied with and for the second-highest status chance of all glaives, behind .
- Can be wielded in-tandem with a single-handed secondary weapon.
- Holding the melee button throws the glaive, which can bounce up to three times or travels up to 30 meters before returning to the user, damaging anyone in its path. Meleeing while the glaive is in mid-flight commands it to return.
- Primary and secondary weapons can be fired and reloaded normally with a thrown glaive, and retrieving the glaive does not interrupt these actions. Additional throws can also be "buffered" while the glaive is in mid-flight.
- Thrown glaive is silent.
- Heavy Attacks while the glaive is in mid-flight produce a 4.9 meter explosion and forces the glaive to return.
- During flight or when striking an enemy, the glaive drops Infested pods which quickly hatch into Maggots that last for 7 seconds and will fight alongside the player.
- Maggots can latch onto enemies and stagger them.
- Maggots may also appear on any normal attack done to enemies.
- Can use the Glaive-exclusive mods , , ( ), ( ), and .
- Innate and polarities.
- Innate damage – less effective against Infested and Machinery.
- Low damage – less effective against armor.
- Slowest attack speed of all glaives; tied with , , and for the slowest attack speed of all melees.
- Cannot use melee attacks or block while the glaive is in mid-flight.
- Explosion inflicts self-stagger.
- Thrown glaive has no punch through.
- Spawned maggots:
- Deal negligible damage.
- Alerts enemies, despite the weapon being silent.
- Have a limited lifespan.
|Main Blueprint||33.33%||7 – 8 kills||25 ± 6 kills|
All drop rates data is obtained from DE's official droptables.
Expected refers to total number of kills a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one Main Blueprint and Subcortex, and at least two Blades.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of kills a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one Main Blueprint and Subcortex, and at least two Blades.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
- Acquired blueprints can be sold for 2,500 each while its components can be sold for 3,500 each.
- Maggots spawned by the Pathocyst do not interact with 's abilities or the Strain Mod Set.
- Spawned maggots do not benefit from elemental boost augments such as , they can benefit from some ally-related buffs such as Wisp's Reservoirs.
- Leveling the Pathocyst through stealth can be very challenging, due to maggots spawning sometimes through stealth finishers, and many more spawning through thrown attacks, which will alert enemies. Exploding maggots, while dealing low damage, may immediately thrust enemies out of a 'sleep state' (eg Sleep Arrow from or ) with no wakeup animation, who may then see dead bodies.
- It is important to mod the weapon with fire rate and finisher damage to ensure one-shot kills on enemies, but also extra awareness of which enemies in range are asleep or out of visual range, and which are not. Maggots may also suddenly sprint very quickly, darting around a corner if they detect enemies and then getting shot at, alerting the area.
- Properties of exploding Maggots:
- Explosions have 0% crit chance and status chance. (More testing required to find out damage type).
- Explosion damage can be increased through base Damage and Melee Damage modifiers such as Chroma's Vex Armor, Excalibur's Furious Javelin, Garuda's passive, Limbo's Rift Torrent, Mirage's Hall of Malevolence, Nidus' Parasitic Link Nova's Molecular Prime, Octavia's Metronome and Amp, Rhino's Roar, Vauban's passive, Madurai focus tree, Arcane Fury, Arcane Blade Charger, Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, Steel Charge
- Maggot damage is not enhanced by combo multiplier, faction damage modifiers, elemental modifiers, or physical damage modifiers.
- Maggots spawn at the same level as the weapon's current rank. For Example, a rank 24 Pathocyst will spawn level 24 Maggots.
- The main benefit of the spawned maggots is crowd control; Enemies will be briefly distracted by running maggots or stunned when they manage to latch onto them, but due to their limited life spawn they won't last long.
- Modding the Pathocyst with high-status chance and damage will extend the duration of the stun when maggots latch, assuming the cold damage procs. This can slightly boost the effectiveness of latched maggots.
Last updated: Update 26.0 (2019-10-31)
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|