Parry is a mod that provides a chance to trigger a melee finisher when blocking while channeling. Simpler than the traditional counterattack maneuver which requires channeling at the proper timing of the attack, this mod can trigger automatically.
- Certain melee weapons block more damage than others, increasing a Warframe's survivability while parrying.
- If getting close to a ranged enemy, they will most likely melee hit you with their weapon to defend themselves, this maneuver can be parried and the player can perform a counter attack finisher on the enemy.
- Finisher attacks triggered by Parry are affected by True damage.
- When combined with Reflex Guard, triggering Parry no longer requires the user to block but does still require channeling.
- Disarming enemies' ranged weapons (with effects like Loki's Radial Disarm) will force foes to switch to melee attacks that can be parried.
- Certain special attacks can not be parried or trigger a counterattack finisher, though they will be blocked.
- Grappling hook attacks (such as from the Grineer Scorpion or Infested Ancient Disruptor) will be blocked but not parried.
- Normal knockback and knockdown rules for blocking still apply. Heavy enemy attacks like Seismic Shockwave or the Shield Lancer's charge will still trigger knockback but will not knock down a blocking player.
- This mod does not work against Specters in Dark Sector Conflicts.
- As of 16 October 2017, this mod does not work against Corrupted Bombards.
| Corrupt Charge • Dispatch Overdrive • Enduring Affliction • Enduring Strike • Focused Defense |
Focus Energy • Life Strike • Killing Blow • Parry • Quickening • Reflex Coil • Reflection • True Punishment
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.