The Paracyst is the completely Infested version of the Quanta. Primarily a burst-fire weapon, the Paracyst possesses an Alternate Fire mode that allows it to shoot tethered spores at enemies, dealing damage and dragging them towards the player's position. This is the weapon of choice for Mutalist Alad V.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals Toxin damage.
- Innate Toxin damage – effective against Flesh and bypasses Shielded and Proto Shields.
- Tied with Burston Prime for second highest status chance of all burst-fire rifles, behind Kuva Hind.
- High accuracy.
- Large magazine size for a burst-fire rifle.
- Second fastest fire rate of all burst-fire weapons, behind Burston Prime.
- Alternate Fire shoots a single tether to pull in enemies.
- Innate polarity.
- Second lowest base damage per bullet of all burst-fire rifles, after Burston/ Hind/ Kuva Hind.
- Innate Toxin damage – less effective against Machinery, Robotics, and Fossilized.
- Low critical chance.
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with 4 bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired or the Infested Harpoon.
- All projectiles have travel time.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:50,000|
|Bio Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Prereq: Mutalist Quanta|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Spore pull can interrupt enemy casting/power animations, including the charge-up for Railgun MOAs.
- The secondary fire ragdolls enemies it hits as it pulls them to the user. Enemies that are hit gain a yellow aura that prevents them from being grabbed again until they recover.
- Adding Punch Through to the weapon does NOT allow the hook to grab and pull multiple enemies; instead, it will grab the last enemy that it can't punch through, and attempt to pull them.
- When the secondary fire is used in conjunction with Mirage's Hall Of Mirrors, each doppelganger will also fire their own spore capable of grabbing and pulling in an enemy.
- The Paracyst's secondary fire mode fires an Infested spore attached to an energy tether that can pull enemies towards the player.
- The spore costs 1 ammo to fire and requires a short charging time before it can be fired.
- The secondary fire mode has a maximum range of 50 meters. While the harpoon will still hit and reel in enemies up to its maximum range, it will only pull them to around half of its range.
- Enemies hit by the projectile suffer from a damage over time effect with a chance to proc any elemental effects the weapon is built for.
- Enemies hit are also opened to ground finishers.
- Spore pull can also 'pull' humanoid flyers (such as Hellions) down, and pull enemies that are stunned by Warframe powers.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Enemies can be pulled into bottomless pits or inaccessible areas, killing them instantly.
- Modding for Corrosive and Heat along with status will make the Paracyst strip away the armor very quickly on armored enemies, with just a few bursts needed to strip away armor on lower levels if Corrosive procs occur. The Heat damage can more easily take down the health of the Grineer with each burst as a result.
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Paracyst Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Paracyst Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The spores fires on normal attacks are colored by the player's color scheme, while spores shot with the secondary tether attack are grey and otherwise colorless. This can be seen when shooting them with Navigator.
- The name may be a combination of "Parasite" and "Cyst." Parasite is commonly any organism that invades a host to drain nutrients, much like how the Infestation is a parasite to the Quanta. Cyst refers to sacs filled with fluids and other materials that expel when opened. This could be in reference to the Paracyst's alt fire.
- The Paracyst closely resembles the tentacle-like structure of Jordas Golem's supposed mouth.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Secondary firing mode is listed as burst fire, despite actually being a charge firing mode.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Quanta, the original Corpus weapon.
- Mutalist Quanta, the hybrid Infested-Corpus version of this weapon.
- Harpak, the Grineer equivalent.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|