“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers.
Paracesis is Ballas' signature weapon, introduced in Update 23.10. Also known as the "Sentient slayer", the weapon can gain additional max ranks after polarization capping at rank 40, with the additional ranks applying a bonus damage to Sentients and removing their damage resistances.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
The weapon blueprint is given to the player at the end of the Chimera Prologue quest.
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Third highest base damage of all heavy blades, behind Galatine Prime and Gram Prime.
- Second highest critical chance of all heavy blades, behind Gram Prime.
- Tied with Gram Prime for the highest critical multiplier of all heavy blades.
- Large slam attack radius of 8 meters.
- Slam attacks have a very powerful ragdoll effect.
- Stance slot has polarity, matching Cleaving Whirlwind and Tempo Royale stances.
- Polarizing the weapon increases its max rank by 2, capping at rank 40 after 5 polarizations.
- Each rank above 30 adds a bonus damage to Sentients and increases mod capacity. At rank 40, the weapon's attacks can remove Sentient resistances.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and armor.
- Below average status chance.
- Moderately slow attack speed.
- Like the Gram Prime, the weapon's slam attacks covers a large radius of 8 meters, with very high ragdolling force.
- The weapon's max rank caps at 40 after 5 polarizations (max rank increases by 2 per Forma added).
- Additional polarizations can be added when the weapon reaches its new max rank at that polarization level.
- Each additional rank also gives Mastery Rank Experience, giving 4,000 points in total.
- Mod capacity scales with the additional ranks, and can reach a total of 90 at rank 40 with an Orokin Catalyst installed and a matching stance mod.
- After polarizing a weapon, any additional mod capacity above 30 (60 with an Orokin Catalyst) will not take effect until the weapon's rank reaches 31 and above.
- Each rank above 30 adds a bonus damage to Sentients.
- At rank 40, all attacks except the slam attack will remove Sentient damage resistances.
|Weapon Rank||Sentient Damage Bonus|
- Paracesis is the first weapon;
- Paracesis appears to be a corruption of Paracelsus, the famed 16th-century Swiss alchemist. Some portraits of Paracelsus depict him holding a sword by the pommel which, depending on the source, was said to contain either the mythical Philosopher's Stone or the Azoth, a rumored substance that could cure any illness or dissolve any material.