- This weapon deals primarily damage.
- damage is effective against health.
- Primary fire shoots miniature saws in full automatic.
- Projectiles can bounce off surfaces or enemies up to 3 times, enabling them to hit multiple targets.
- Consumes 2 ammo per shot.
- Alternate Fire shoots a single levitating sawblade that deals continuous damage and staggers enemies.
- Range of 6 meters.
- Only consumes ammo when dealing damage.
- Very high base damage.
- Primary fire:
- Projectile bouncing improves crowd damage.
- High status chance.
- Alternate Fire:
- Very high critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- Can be deployed without consequence when no targets exist.
- Perfect accuracy.
- Can use the Panthera-exclusive Augment mod.
- Primary Fire:
- Low critical chance.
- Double ammo consumption reduces overall ammo efficiency.
- Alternate Fire:
- Range is short, acting more like a melee weapon.
- Very slow fire rate.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Panthera (Normal), compared to Panthera Prime (Normal):
- Lower base critical chance (12% vs. 18%)
- Lower base status chance (24% vs. 30%)
- Lower average damage per shot (112 vs. 118)
- Lower burst DPS (336 vs. 433.06)
- Lower sustained DPS (280 vs. 354.91)
- Lower fire rate (3 round(s)/sec vs. 3.67 round(s)/sec)
- Smaller magazine (60 round(s) vs. 80 round(s))
- Larger max ammo capacity (540 round(s) vs. 320 round(s))
- Faster reload time (2 s vs. 2.4 s)
- More accurate (100 vs. 80)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 14)
- Higher disposition (1.4 vs. 1.15)
The Panthera's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:20,000|
- The Panthera's primary fire mode shoots fast-moving sawblades that will ricochet off walls and enemies up to three times.
- The Panthera has a Alternate Fire mode initiated by holding down the alternate fire key (default ). This levitates a spinning sawblade up to 6 meters in front of the weapon, dealing continuous damage to enemies that make contact with it, as well as staggering them.
- The sawblade floats out of the weapon towards its levitation point, taking around half a second to reach its maximum range. The sawblade retracts back into the launcher once the trigger is released.
- Ammo is only consumed when the weapon deals damage, whether to an enemy or a damageable object.
- If an enemy moves inside the space between the user and the sawblade, the sawblade will instantly retract to damage that enemy.
- Punch Through allows the secondary fire mode to hit enemies behind cover as long as the enemy is within the secondary fire's range, and the punch-through depth is sufficient to penetrate through the intervening cover.
- Can use both and . Combustion Beam works on kills made by the secondary attack and also the primary attack.
- The primary fire mode cannot be used while this is active.
- Although the Foundry will claim that the Panthera can be crafted if a is present in the inventory, it won't allow the Hikou Prime to be consumed to build the weapon.
- Compared to the (based on the ranged attacks and on uncharged shots):
- Lower total damage on uncharged attacks (100.0 vs 125.0)
- Faster fire rate (3.0 vs 0.526).
- Larger magazine size (60 vs 20).
- Primary fire consumes 2 ammo per shot, compared to one ammo per shot for the Miter.
- Larger ammo capacity (540 vs 72).
- Uses rifle ammo, unlike the Miter, which uses the relatively rarer sniper ammo.
- The Panthera has a high chance of cutting corpses into pieces, making it an ideal candidate for a Desecrating to bring along, as the game considers the cut corpses as separate entities, essentially giving multiple corpses to desecrate from a single enemy and thus yielding more chances to create more drops.
- This also applies to the secondary fire, which will not consume ammo when used on a corpse.
- As of Hotfix 24.2.15 (2019-02-15) Heavy Caliber affects this weapon differently. It increases the spread between shots with multishot. resulting in a uniform spread not randomness.
- Although the Panthera has lower total damage compared to uncharged Miter shots, it has higher and damage, making it more effective against shields and armor.
- Multishot mods cause the sawblades to be fired adjacent to each other if no accuracy penalty mods are equipped. This may cause the blades to miss when firing directly at far targets.
- With punchthrough equipped, the blades shot from the gun will go through terrain, but not enemies.
- Panthera is a genus within the Felidae family that includes the tiger, lion, jaguar and leopard. They are characterized by morphological structures in their throats that allow them to roar.
- Despite the green decal depicted in the Panthera's portrait, the default decal color of the Panthera is blue.
- This is the third weapon that requires two different pre-made weapons in order to craft (following the and the ), and the first weapon that requires weapons from 2 different factions (the Tenno-made and the Grineer-made ).
- The Miter, one of the prerequisite weapons needed to construct the Panthera, is similar in that it also fires sawblades.
- The Miter's sawblades are horizontally aligned, whilst the Panthera launches vertically aligned sawblades.
- The blades fired by Panthera have a design similar to the .
- Tied with and for the highest base damage of all fully automatic rifles.
- Slowest fire rate of all fully automatic rifles.
- , a Grineer sawblade launcher used in the Panthera's construction.
- , a Tenno crafted throwing star weapon used in the Panthera's construction
- , the primed variant.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|