The Panthera is a Tenno blade launcher that launches circular sawblades. It also possesses an Alternate Fire that levitates a spinning saw blade in front of it, dealing continuous damage to enemies within range.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Primary fire shoots miniature saws in a fully automatic fashion.
- Alternate Fire shoots a single levitating sawblade that deals continuous damage and staggers enemies.
- Very high critical chance.
- Only consumes ammo when dealing damage.
- Very high status chance.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Can use the Panthera-exclusive Disarming Purity Augment mod.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and armor.
- Primary Fire:
- Alternate Fire:
- Limited range of 6 meters.
- Tied with Panthera Prime for the slowest fire rate of all continuous primaries.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Panthera, compared to Panthera Prime:
- Lower secondary mode critical chance (25% vs. 26%)
- Lower secondary mode status chance (35% vs. 38%)
- Lower primary critical chance (12% vs. 18%)
- Lower primary status chance (24% vs. 30%)
- Lower fire rate (3 rounds/sec vs. 3.67 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (60 rounds vs. 80 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (540 rounds vs. 320 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (2 s vs. 2.4 s)
- More accurate (100 vs. 80)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 14)
- Higher disposition (1.4 vs. 0.85)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Panthera's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:20,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Panthera's primary fire mode shoots fast-moving sawblades that will ricochet off walls and enemies up to three times.
- The Panthera has a Alternate Fire mode initiated by holding down the alternate fire key (default ). This levitates a spinning sawblade up to 6 meters in front of the weapon, dealing continuous damage to enemies that make contact with it, as well as staggering them.
- The sawblade floats out of the weapon towards its levitation point, taking around half a second to reach its maximum range. The sawblade retracts back into the launcher once the trigger is released.
- Ammo is only consumed when the weapon deals damage, whether to an enemy or a damageable object.
- If an enemy moves inside the space between the user and the sawblade, the sawblade will instantly retract to damage that enemy.
- Punch Through allows the secondary fire mode to hit enemies behind cover as long as the enemy is within the secondary fire's range, and the punch-through depth is sufficient to penetrate through the intervening cover.
- Can use both Combustion Beam and Sinister Reach. Combustion Beam works on kills made by the secondary attack and also the primary attack.
- The primary fire mode cannot be used while this is active.
- Although the Foundry will claim that the Panthera can be crafted if a Hikou Prime is present in the inventory, it won't allow the Hikou Prime to be consumed to build the weapon.
- Compared to the Miter (based on the ranged attacks and on uncharged shots):
- Lower total damage on uncharged attacks (100.0 vs 125.0)
- Faster fire rate (3.0 vs 0.526).
- Larger magazine size (60 vs 20).
- Primary fire consumes 2 ammo per shot, compared to one ammo per shot for the Miter.
- Larger ammo capacity (540 vs 72).
- Uses rifle ammo, unlike the Miter, which uses the relatively rarer sniper ammo.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Panthera has a high chance of cutting corpses into pieces, making it an ideal candidate for a Desecrating Nekros to bring along, as the game considers the cut corpses as separate entities, essentially giving multiple corpses to desecrate from a single enemy and thus yielding more chances to create more drops.
- This also applies to the secondary fire, which will not consume ammo when used on a corpse.
- As of update 24.2.15 Heavy Caliber affects this weapon differently. It increases the spread between shots with multishot. resulting in a uniform spread not randomness.
- Although the Panthera has lower total damage compared to uncharged Miter shots, it has higher Impact and Puncture damage, making it more effective against shields and armor.
- Multishot mods cause the sawblades to be fired adjacent to each other if no accuracy penalty mods are equipped. This may cause the blades to miss when firing directly at far targets.
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Panthera Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Panthera Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Despite [DE]Megan stating in Hotfix 21.0.9 that Panthera's Alt-Fire now benefits from explosion radius mods, it is still unable to equip Firestorm, which is the only mod that could possibly increase this radius.
- Although fall-off distances are given in the primary fire specs, there is no damage fall-off.
- The blades shot from the gun with any punchthrough Mod equipped will go through terrain, but not enemies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Panthera is a genus within the Felidae family that includes the tiger, lion, jaguar and leopard. They are characterized by morphological structures in their throats that allow them to roar.
- Despite the green decal depicted in the Panthera's portrait, the default decal color of the Panthera is blue.
- This is the third weapon that requires two different pre-made weapons in order to craft (following the Redeemer and the Tipedo), and the first weapon that requires weapons from 2 different factions (the Tenno-made Hikou and the Grineer-made Miter).
- The Miter, one of the prerequisite weapons needed to construct the Panthera, is similar in that it also fires sawblades.
- The Miter's sawblades are horizontally aligned, whilst the Panthera launches vertically aligned sawblades.
- The blades fired by Panthera have a design within the disc similar to the Glaive.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Miter, a Grineer sawblade launcher used in the Panthera's construction.
- Hikou, a Tenno crafted throwing star weapon used in the Panthera's construction
- Panthera Prime, the primed counterpart of this weapon.