The Panthera is a Tenno blade launcher that launches circular sawblades. It also possesses an Alternate Fire that levitates a spinning saw blade in front of it, dealing continuous damage to enemies within range.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Primary fire is tied with Zhuge for the highest base damage of all fully automatic rifles.
- Alt-fire allows for close quarters attacks that can deliver devastating procs in a short amount of time and staggers enemies.
- Alt-fire has very high critical chance.
- Both firing modes have very high status chance.
- Primary fire has pinpoint accuracy.
- Primary fire projectiles can bounce, enabling them to hit multiple targets.
- Can use the Panthera-exclusive Disarming Purity Augment mod.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – ineffective against shields and armor.
- Primary fire has low critical chance.
- Primary fire projectiles have travel time.
- Alt-fire has an extremely limited range of 6 meters.
- Primary fire consumes 2 rounds per shot.
- Both firing modes have the slowest fire rate of all fully automatic and continuous weapons.
The Panthera's blueprint can be acquired from the Market for 20,000.
- See Category:Panthera Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Panthera Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Panthera's primary fire mode shoots fast-moving sawblades that will ricochet off walls and enemies up to three times.
- The Panthera has a secondary fire mode initiated by holding down the alternate fire key (default
). This levitates a spinning sawblade up to 6 meters in front of the weapon, dealing continuous damage to enemies that make contact with it, as well as staggering them. The secondary fire consumes ammo for every second it deals damage while active.
- The sawblade floats out of the weapon towards its levitation point, taking around a second to reach its maximum range. The sawblade retracts back into the launcher once the trigger is released.
- Punch Through allows the secondary fire mode to hit enemies behind cover as long as the enemy is within the secondary fire's range, and the punch-through depth is sufficient to penetrate through the intervening cover.
- Can use both Combustion Beam and Sinister Reach. Combustion Beam works on kills made by the secondary attack and also the primary attack.
- The primary fire mode cannot be used while this is active.
- Although the Foundry will claim that the Panthera can be crafted if a Hikou Prime is present in the inventory, it won't allow the Hikou Prime to be consumed to build the weapon.
- Compared to the Miter (based on the ranged attacks and on uncharged shots):
- Lower total damage on uncharged attacks (100.0 vs 125.0)
- Faster fire rate (3.0 vs 0.526).
- Larger magazine size (60 vs 20).
- Primary fire consumes 2 ammo per shot, compared to one ammo per shot for the Miter.
- Larger ammo capacity (540 vs 72).
- Uses rifle ammo, unlike the Miter, which uses the relatively rarer sniper ammo.
- The Panthera has a high chance of cutting corpses into pieces, making it an ideal candidate for a Desecrating Nekros to bring along, as the game considers the cut corpses as separate entities, essentially giving multiple corpses to desecrate from a single enemy and thus yielding more chances to create more drops.
- This also applies to the secondary fire, which will not consume ammo when used on a corpse.
- Due to the Panthera's high base accuracy, Heavy Caliber can be used to enhance its damage without significant penalties to accuracy. This is especially true of its secondary fire mode, as its short attack range makes any accuracy penalties irrelevant to its effectiveness.
- Note however, that the path of the second shot created by Multishot mods can be greatly affected by the reduced accuracy.
- Although the Panthera has lower total damage compared to uncharged Miter shots, it has higher Impact and Puncture damage, making it more effective against shields and armor.
- Multishot mods cause the sawblades to be fired adjacent to each other if no accuracy penalty mods are equipped. This may cause the blades to miss when firing directly at far targets.
- Despite [DE]Megan stating in Hotfix 21.0.9 that Panthera's Alt-Fire now benefits from explosion radius mods, it is still unable to equip Firestorm, which is the only mod that could possibly increase this radius.
- Although fall-off distances are given in the primary fire specs, there is no damage fall-off.
- The blades shot from the gun with any punchthrough Mod equipped will go through terrain, but not enemies.
- Panthera is a genus within the Felidae family that includes the tiger, lion, jaguar and leopard. They are characterized by morphological structures in their throats that allow them to roar.
- Despite the green decal depicted in the Panthera's portrait, the default decal color of the Panthera is blue.
- This is the third weapon that requires two different pre-made weapons in order to craft (following the Redeemer and the Tipedo), and the first weapon that requires weapons from 2 different factions (the Tenno-made Hikou and the Grineer-made Miter).
- The Miter, one of the prerequisite weapons needed to construct the Panthera, is similar in that it also fires sawblades.
- The Miter's sawblades are horizontally aligned, whilst the Panthera launches vertically aligned sawblades.
- The blades fired by Panthera have a design within the disc similar to the Glaive.
- Miter, a Grineer sawblade launcher used in the Panthera's construction.
- Hikou, a Tenno crafted throwing star weapon used in the Panthera's construction