Oxium is an uncommon component. Dropped by the uncommonly encountered Oxium Osprey with a guaranteed drop rate, it can be found in quantities of 7-12 and will only drop if the Osprey is killed before it destroys itself by charging against the player, an ally, or a wall.
These are based on opinions and may not be 100% true. These should be viewed as advice for finding the resource until better facts are proven.
|Gulliver||Phobos||Defense||10 - 15||Corpus Ship|
|Io||Jupiter||Defense||15 - 20||Corpus Gas City|
|Outer Terminus||Pluto||Defense||30 - 40||Corpus Outpost|
Blueprints Requiring OxiumEdit
Tips collected from common player experience and should be viewed as advice rather than fact.
- Playing Corpus Excavation, Defense, Survival, and Mobile Defense missions can offer a decent amount of Oxium as well, lowest level being Kiliken, Venus.
- Keeping enemies in an alerted state in Sabotage missions bring a fair amount of Oxium, especially on lower level missions, where more demanding enemies do not spawn right away.
- Io, Jupiter used to yield around 250 Oxium in 10 waves. The updated corpus tileset on Io has negatively impacted the oxium yield. A 10-minute match now only averages around 100 oxium.
- Ivara can use Prowl on the Ospreys, potentially doubling the amount of Oxium dropped by a single unit.
- As it's dropped by a specific enemy and is not a planet-specific drop, it cannot be obtained by using Extractors.
- Sometimes Oxium can get stuck in the ceiling in narrow hallways/locations with a low ceiling, Loot Radar mods ( Animal Instinct & Thief's Wit) can help locating those otherwise invisible resource drops.
- Oxium can also be acquired from Grineer/Corpus/Orokin storage containers, albeit with a very low chance. Therefore, one should not rely on this source due to it being infrequent.
- As of Update 18.0, Nekros can Desecrate Oxium Ospreys.
- Each player obtains a different amount of Oxium from the same pickup, implying that the amount of Oxium contained in a pickup is not pre-determined.
- Recommended manner of dealing with Oxium Ospreys before they self-destruct without dropping the desired resource is incapacitating them before they are able to see the enemy and attack. Otherwise focusing on diverting their attention from fighting ( Terrify, Radial Blind, Rest & Rage, and similar abilities) is a good way of approaching the situation.
- Sorties seem to have somewhat higher spawn rates for the Ospreys.
Last updated: Update 22.8
- Oxium Osprey, the enemy which drops this resource.
- Operation: Oxium Espionage, the event which first introduced this resource.