|This article is archived. |
The content was relevant to an obsolete version of Warframe, and has since been removed, retrieved and or revamped.
Please do not use this article for critical in-game information!
Gives the player an aura of fire damage while granting some incoming damage reduction.
|Strength:15% / 20% / 30% / 40% (reduction) |
100 / 125 / 175 / 200 (damage)
|Duration:7 / 12 / 15 / 20|
- Causes 100 / 125 / 175 / 200 Fire Damage per second to targets within 0.5 meters of Ember, and gives her 15% / 20% / 30% / 40% damage reduction to both health and shields for 7 / 12 / 15 / 20 seconds.
- This burning damage is not affected by enemy armor.
- Burning radius is unaffected by Ability Range mods.
- Damage is affected by Ability Strength mods.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration mods.
- Damage reduction is affected by Ability Strength mods.
- Has a cast delay of ~0.6 seconds.
- Does not give immunity to disruption (energy drain), stagger, stun or knockdown effects while active.
- When cast, it gives a very brief period of invulnerability and immunity to knockdown, stagger or stun.
- Overheat will break reinforced Corpus ship windows.
- Can be used while jumping, sliding, flipping, wall-running or wall-clinging.
- While active, walking into Storage Containers will break them, walking into Barrels will make them explode and walking into fans will cause them to break.
- Using Overheat will not reduce the damage you take in the Vampire Challenge of Nightmare Mode.
- This skill is heavily intended against melee units, especially infested, due to their massive damage output which Overheat can absorb, while dealing sizable amounts of damage, making this an anti-melee skill.
- To calculate total damage reduction use the formula:
- To calculate Ember's effective shields with Overheat up, use the formula:
- Shields / (1 - 0.Reduction).
- For example, using Ember with 740 Shields and Overheat at 52% damage reduction:
- 740 / (1 - 0.52) = 740 / 0.48 = 1,541.6 effective shields.
- If you want to read an in-depth analysis of Overheat vs Iron Skin and Blessing, read this.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 51.4 seconds.
- Has no negative effect on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 12.5 energy.
- Reduces duration to between 8 and 10 seconds depending on mods.
- Maximized Ability Range has no positive effect on this ability.
- Reduces damage to 80 per second and reduces damage reduction to 16%.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage to 458 per second and increases damage reduction to 91.6%.
- Increases cost to 77.5 energy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.