The Ostrons are the inhabitants of the Cetus settlement near the Plains of Eidolon on Earth. They are a hardy, mercantile people that dwell in the shadow of the Orokin Tower of the Unum, which they harvest for their livelihood. Kept safe from Grineer aggression by the arcane powers of the Unum herself, Cetus serves as their central trading hub in the Origin System and a refuge for all others who come to it with peaceful intentions.
- 1 Standing Gain
- 2 Ranks
- 3 Notable People in Cetus
- 4 Offerings
- 5 History
- 6 Culture
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Media
- 9 References
Standing with Ostron is earned from performing tasks for individual members.
- Completing Bounties for Konzu.
- Trading in fish to Fisher Hai-Luk.
- Performing Conservation.
- Trading in raw gems to Old Man Suumbaat.
- Trading in constructed and max ranked Zaws to Hok, whether or not they have been gilded.
- Fishing for baited species, particularly Murkray, Norg, Cuthol, and Glappid.
- Conservation, particularly flying around in Archwing where fauna often spawn in groups of three. Alternatively, using the Echo-Lure for Mergoo.
|Rank & Title||Sacrifice||Benefits||Standing|
(Minimum to Maximum)
5 - Kin
|Access to Rank 5 wares
One free Rank 5 item from standing vendors
|0 to 132,000|
4 - Surah
|Access to Rank 4 wares
One free Rank 4 item from standing vendors
|0 to 99,000|
3 - Trusted
|Access to Rank 3 wares
One free Rank 3 item from standing vendors
Access to Zaw Gilding
New friendlier greeting dialogue for Cetus villagers
|0 to 70,000|
2 - Visitor
|Access to Rank 2 wares
One free Rank 2 item from standing vendors
|0 to 44,000|
1 - Offworlder
|Access to Rank 1 wares
One free Rank 1 item from standing vendors
|0 to 22,000|
0 - Neutral
|-||-||Access to base wares.||0 to 5,000|
Notable People in Cetus
- Main article: Konzu
Konzu is an elderly Ostron who offers Bounties to players, limited-time multi-part missions out in the Plains that players can accomplish to earn Standing and other rewards. Talking to him will allow players to upgrade their standing title to the next rank. He also starts the Saya's Vigil quest after you have completed at least one bounty.
- Main article: Hok
Hok is a blacksmith and vendor in Cetus whose trade centers around melee weapons. In particular, Hok's Anvil provides players with the ability to create Zaws, modular melee weapons that players can craft with different parts and stats as they desire. He also gilds Zaws and accepts them for standing.
- Main article: Old Man Suumbaat
Old Man Suumbaat sells mining equipment, gem cutting blueprints, metal alloys and allows you to trade in raw gems for standing.
- Main article: Fisher Hai-Luk
Fisher Hai-Luk is an Ostron fishmonger who sells various fishing equipment, bait, and packs of special fish parts for a bit of platinum, which change daily. She also allows you to trade in your catches for standing or to carve them up for bait and resources.
- Main article: Master Teasonai
Beastmaster Teasonai sells conservation equipment for capturing wildlife on the Plains of Eidolon. He also trades caged wildlife to be used as orbiter decorations and companion cosmetics for Plains resources instead of Standing. His daily offers will always consist of three items, and the resources needed to purchase his offers change daily.
- Main article: Nakak
The young and enterprising Nakak sells scavenged Grineer flares that temporarily increase Affinity Range, and carved Warframe masks used as Operator cosmetics. As with Master Teasonai, she accepts Plains resources instead of Standing and the resources needed to purchase her items change daily, although her inventory mostly stays the same. Besides that, she provides some miscellaneous information about Cetus and the Plains.
- Main article: Saya
The grieving widow of the Ostron Archivist Onkko, this woman is involved in the Saya's Vigil quest. Originally located to the west of the central Cetus market, after the events of the quest she will be found next to Konzu.
- Main article: The Quills
The representative of the enigmatic Quills is Onkko himself, under his full epithet Quill Onkko Primary. He provides the Operator with their first pre-built Amp, Mote Amp as well as offer modular components and arcanes for Amp. He also offer parts of Operator suits and their respective arcanes to further enhance the Operator. He trades in Sentient Cores and complete Amps for Quill standing.
The following is a complete list of the goods offered by the Ostron vendors.
The Ostron people's history can be traced back to Orokin Era when they were ruled under the Orokin Empire. Since the Empire's collapse, the Ostrons were left to their own governance, scavaging what was left of the Empire to survive in a post-Orokin era. On Earth, they formed many colonies, with Cetus being one of the trading hubs of the Ostrons.
- Main article: Ostron Language
Ostrons speak and write in their own phonetic language.
- The syndicate faction was originally named Cetus after their village in preview builds, before being changed on release to Ostron, the name of their people in Update 22.0 (2017-10-12).
- Occasionally, a Corpus cargo ship will land on the docks or leave them, in the shadow of the Orokin tower. Pre-release streams showed the presence of Corpus Crewmen in the markets, abiding by a cease-fire, but their presence seems to have been removed as of release.
- As of the release of Fortuna, there are now once again Corpus Crewmen hanging around Cetus, as well as some Solaris that have set up a stall.
- The blade that Hok can be seen wielding cannot actually be crafted by the player, because it is missing a required link component.
- The Ostrons are featured in WARFRAME: Ghouls comic series.
- After a Tenno reaches the rank of Trusted with the Ostrons, NPCs will adopt a much friendlier and revering manners towards the Tenno.
- "I know us for a miracle. A million-to-one improbability. Our existence is the most fragile of all existences. We could be exterminated tomorrow, yet we have endured by wit alone for millennia." - Onkko in "The Ostrons" fragment
|Characters||Konzu • Onkko • Pedlek • Saya • Shigg|
|Vendors||Hok • Old Man Suumbaat • Fisher Hai-Luk • Master Teasonai • Nakak|
|Cetus • Ostron Language • Plains of Eidolon • The Quills|
|Relay||Factions||• • • • •|
|Standing • Syndicate Medallions • Syndicate Radial Effects|