The Orvius is the signature of the Dax with the unique ability to suspend foes in midair on throwing the glaive without charging.
- Third highest base damage of all glaives, behind and .
- High damage – effective against health.
- High critical chance and status chance.
- Can be wielded in-tandem with a single-handed secondary weapon.
- Holding the melee button briefly will perform a normal throw, which will make the weapon fly above the first enemy in its path and suspend them in midair for 3 seconds. The disc then inflicts 3 ticks of damage to the suspended target before exploding in a 4 meter radius and damaging all enemies around it and then return to the user. Orvius can travel up to 30 meters before returning to the user.
- Holding the melee button performs a charged throw, which can bounce up to three times or travels up to 30 meters before returning to the user, damaging anyone in its path. Meleeing while the glaive is in mid-flight commands it to return.
- Primary and secondary weapons can be fired and reloaded normally with a thrown glaive, and retrieving the glaive does not interrupt these actions. Additional throws can also be "buffered" while the glaive is in mid-flight.
- Thrown glaive has innate damage – effective against Alloy Armor, Shielded, and Infested Sinew.
- Thrown glaive has above average critical multiplier.
- Thrown glaive is silent.
- Heavy Attacks while the glaive is in mid-flight produce a 4 meter explosion and forces the glaive to return.
- Explosion does not need direct line of sight to deal damage and will penetrate walls.
- Can use the Glaive-exclusive mods , , ( ), ( ), and .
- Innate and polarities.
- Low and damage – less effective against shields and armor.
- Thrown glaive has innate damage – less effective against Infested Flesh and Fossilized.
- Second slowest attack speed of all glaives, after .
- Cannot use melee attacks or block while the glaive is in mid-flight.
- Explosion inflicts self-stagger.
- Thrown glaive has no punch through.
The parts are acquired from special enemies that appear during a Kuva Siphon or Kuva Survival; the Blade drops from Kuva Guardians, while the Disc drops from Kuva Jesters. All components, except for the blueprint, can be traded between players.
|Blade||5%||30 kills||148 ± 45 kills|
All drop rates data is obtained from DE's official droptables.
Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:100,000|
- The Orvius has a special function where throwing the weapon at an enemy without fully charging the throw will make the weapon fly above the target enemy's head, and then suspend them in mid-air. The disc will last for 3 seconds before exploding, dealing damage to all enemies within its radius. Enemies who are instantly killed by the explosion will not be suspended.
- Unequipping attack speed mods can make the timing for the special attack throw while dual-wielding easier to achieve.
- Dual-wielding with a secondary weapon with high status chance and using on the Orvius will greatly increase the damage of the special attack throw.
Last updated: Update 26.0 (2019-10-31)
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|