“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Third highest base damage of all glaives, behind Falcor and Pathocyst.
- High critical chance and status chance.
- Can be wielded in-tandem with a single-handed secondary weapon.
- Holding the melee button briefly will perform a normal throw, which will make the weapon fly above the first enemy in its path and suspend them in midair for 3 seconds. The disc then inflicts 3 ticks of damage to the suspended target before exploding in a 4 meter radius and damaging all enemies around it and then return to the user.
- Explosion inflicts a guaranteed Cold proc.
- No damage falloff.
- Holding the melee button performs a charged throw, which can bounce up to three times or travels up to 30 meters before returning to the user, damaging anyone in its path. Meleeing while the glaive is in mid-flight commands it to return.
- Primary and secondary weapons can be fired and reloaded normally with a thrown glaive, and retrieving the glaive does not interrupt these actions. Additional throws can also be "buffered" while the glaive is in mid-flight.
- Thrown glaive has innate Cold damage – effective against Alloy Armor, Shielded, and Infested Sinew.
- Thrown glaive has above average critical multiplier.
- Thrown glaive is silent.
- Heavy Attacks, or melee attacks while wielded in-tandem with a secondary weapon, while the glaive is in mid-flight produces a 4 meter explosion and forces the glaive to return.
- Can use the Glaive-exclusive mods Combo Fury, Power Throw, Quick Return ( Volatile), Rebound ( Volatile), and Whirlwind.
- Innate and polarities.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and armor.
- Thrown glaive has innate Cold damage – less effective against Infested Flesh and Fossilized.
- Second slowest attack speed of all glaives, after Pathocyst.
- Cannot use melee attacks or block while the glaive is in mid-flight.
- Explosion inflicts self-stagger.
- Thrown glaive has no punch through.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:100,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Orvius has a special function where throwing the weapon at an enemy without fully charging the throw will make the weapon fly above the target enemy's head, and then suspend them in mid-air. The disc will last for 3 seconds before exploding, dealing damage to all enemies within its radius. Enemies who are instantly killed by the explosion will not be suspended.
- When suspending an enemy, it deals 25 Slash damage per second with ??% status chance.
- If the enemy dies before the 3-second duration is up, the Orvius will immediately explode before returning to the player.
- Pressing again the heavy attack key will detonate the weapon prematurely.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Unequipping attack speed mods can make the timing for the special attack throw while dual-wielding easier to achieve.
- Dual-wielding with a secondary weapon with high status chance and using Condition Overload on the Orvius will greatly increase the damage of the special attack throw.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.