The Orthos Prime is the primed variant of the polearm, acting as a direct upgrade.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- High damage – effective against health.
- Third highest critical chance of all polearms, behind and .
- Above average critical multiplier.
- Second highest status chance of all polearms, behind .
- Tied with the for the fastest attack speed of all polearms.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches stance.
- Orthos Prime, compared to Orthos:
- Higher base damage (234 vs. 185)
- Higher critical chance (24% vs. 6%)
- Higher critical multiplier (2.2x vs. 1.5x)
- Higher status chance (36% vs. 18%)
- Higher attack speed (1.17 vs. 0.92)
- Different Stance Polarity ( vs. )
- Higher Mastery Rank required (12 vs. 2)
- Lower disposition (0.65 vs. 1)
Orthos Prime's main and component blueprints are acquired from the following Void Relics.
|Axi A13 Uncommon
Lith B6 Uncommon (V)
Lith B7 Uncommon (V)
Lith H2 Uncommon (V)
Lith S8 Uncommon (V)
Lith S10 Uncommon (V)
Meso B1 Uncommon (V)
Axi B2 Uncommon (V)
Axi C1 Uncommon (V)
Axi M1 Uncommon (V)
Axi V3 Uncommon (V)
|Meso I1 Uncommon
Lith B2 Uncommon (V)
Lith B3 Uncommon (V)
Lith B5 Uncommon (V)
Lith C4 Uncommon (V)
Meso D1 Uncommon (V)
|Lith D4 Common|
Meso K3 Common
Lith A3 Common (V)
Meso A1 Common (V)
Meso B1 Common (V)
Meso D1 Common (V)
Meso D4 Common (V)
Meso G2 Common (V)
Meso K1 Common (V)
Meso K2 Common (V)
Meso N4 Common (V)
Neo H1 Common (V)
Neo Z1 Common (V)
Axi A6 Common (V)
Axi K2 Common (V)
Axi L2 Common (V)
Lith, Meso, Neo, and Axi refer to Void Relics | (V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics | (B) Denotes Baro Ki'Teer Exclusive Void Relic
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Orthos Prime's polarity for its Stance slot makes it ideal for slotting in immediately. While the Orthos Prime can also use , its polarity will reduce the number of its bonus mod capacity, unless changed using Forma.
- The Orthos Prime (and its normal counterpart the Orthos) has a unique equipped normal attack animation where it performs thrusting and stabbing attacks against an enemy. This attack is completely replaced upon equipping any of the polearm Stance mods.
- The Orthos Prime's immense range (especially with ) on top of having decent attack speed allows it to build up combo counter exceedingly fast in a relatively crowded environment, making it a viable candidate to and build to compensate its relatively low stats in late game environment.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to Hotfix 9.5.2, this weapon used to have the same stats as normal Orthos.
- Note that the end-blades are not mirrors of each other and seem to have shapes that could fit together. The blades are asymmetrical.
- In real life, Rubidium is an alkali metal element that is very soft, ductile and silvery-white in color.
- It is not good for a blade as it's not hard enough to scratch other materials. (Brinell hardness of 0.216MPa, thousands of times worse than iron, which has 490MPa).
- Being ductile, it is also easy to bend, so it won't keep an edge (or any shape for that matter) when striking an object.
- Rubidium, as with most alkali metal (like Sodium), oxidizes violently when coming into contact with water, sufficient to produce a small explosion.
- It can spontaneously combust in air, so it is usually stored in sealed containers with an inert liquid (mineral oil) as a buffer.
- Despite the Orthos Prime's description, Rubidium is actually denser than Iron, by ~53%.
- Rubidium has useful properties in laser science, atomic clocks, nuclear physics research, and solar panels. This can lead to speculation that the "rubidium" in the Orthos blade is either some kind of engineered material or it is used to focus/channel something.
- It is also possible that Rubidium in the universe of Warframe is based on Rubedo, and therefore a different chemical or material altogether.
- Along the blade reads the text "The longest arm is the law," written in the Tenno alphabet. This might be a hidden joke, referring to the Orthos Prime Handle being substantially longer than the Orthos' handle.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Media[edit | edit source]
Orthos Prime Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
See Also[edit | edit source]
- , the original counterpart.
- Prime, the Orokin enhancement to a Warframe or weapon.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.