|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 180||Blueprints Price:20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Good status chance.
- Long range attacks with a wide radius.
- Large slam attack radius.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Bleeding Willow and Twirling Spire stances.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and armor.
- Low critical chance and damage.
- Orthos, compared to Orthos Prime:
- Lower base damage (185.1 vs. 234.0)
- Lower critical chance (6% vs. 24%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2.2x)
- Lower status chance (18% vs. 36%)
- Lower attack speed (0.92 vs. 1.17)
- Different Stance Polarity ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (2 vs. 12)
- See Category:Orthos Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Orthos Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Orthos will extend slightly when drawn, and retract back after "sheathing".
- Being one of the longest melee weapons (after Orthos Prime), the Orthos benefits greatly from Reach; a maxed out Reach will allow you to strike through multiple enemies, bypass Grineer Shield Lancer's shields, and strike Toxic Ancients without touching the poison cloud.
- The average range of this weapon with a maxed Reach is ~3.6 meters – about as wide as four Grineer/Corpus units standing in a line.
- Combines with Ash's maxed Smoke Screen or Loki's Invisibility for devastating attacks.
- In Greek mythology, Orthos (also known as Orthrus) is the name of a two headed dog, brother of Cerberus, which probably relates to the Orthos' two blades.
- Ortho- is a prefix in Greek which meant "straight", “upright”, “right”, or “correct”.
Last updated:Hotfix 22.214.171.124
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.