- High damage – effective against health.
- Good status chance.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches and stances.
- Second lowest base damage of all polearms, after .
- Tied with for the second lowest critical chance of all polearms, after Tonbo.
- Tied with and for the second lowest critical multiplier of all polearms, after Cassowar.
- Below average attack speed.
- Orthos (Normal), compared to Orthos Prime (Normal):
- Lower base damage (185 vs. 234)
- Lower critical chance (6% vs. 24%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2.2x)
- Lower status chance (18% vs. 36%)
- Higher disposition (1 vs. 0.65)
- Lower attack speed (0.92 vs. 1.17)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (2 vs. 12)
- Different Stance Polarity ( vs. )
The Orthos's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 180||Blueprints Price:20,000|
- The Orthos will extend slightly when drawn, and retract back after "sheathing".
- Being one of the longest melee weapons (after ), the Orthos benefits greatly from ; a maxed out Reach will allow you to strike through multiple enemies, bypass Grineer Shield Lancer's shields, and strike Toxic Ancients without touching the poison cloud.
- The average range of this weapon with a maxed Reach is 4.1 meters.
- In Greek mythology, Orthos (also known as Orthrus) is the name of a two headed dog, brother of Cerberus, which probably relates to the Orthos' two blades.
- Ortho- is a prefix in Greek which meant "straight", “upright”, “right”, or “correct”.
Last updated: Update 26.0 (2019-10-31)
- , the primed version.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|