Players must complete The Second Dream to play in Orphix missions.
|Orphix #||Orphix/Enemy Level|
|Venus (Vesper Strait)||Neptune (Mammon's Prospect)||Pluto (Khufu Envoy)||Veil (Erato)|
Orphix spawns are not random and occur once every minute, cycling through three distinct tile locations. The following diagram shows how the Orphix spawn locations are laid out in a linear fashion.
A 🡆 B 🡆(C) then (C)🡆 B 🡆 A 🡅 🡇 C 🡄 B 🡄 A or (C)🡆 A 🡆 B 🡅 🡇 C 🡄 A 🡄 B
The Orphix spawn pattern starts with Tile A, Tile B and then Tile C. After the 3rd Orphix, it changes to use the spawn pattern CBA-ABC or CAB-BAC. Note that spawning tiles will be adjacent but not necessarily in linear arrangement and probably have branch paths that lead to dead ends.
Fighting the Orphix
Orphix radiate a pulse field that disables Warframes and dispels any buffs and active abilities. Crossing into the pulse field with the Warframe will force the player into Operator mode to rely on their Necramechs via Necramech Summon. If the player does not own a Necramech, there will be fallen Necramechs to use Transference into, which are rank 30 and equipped with a but are unmodded.
There are two distinct phases when fighting an Orphix: destroying Orphix Resonators and weakening the Orphix.
|3 Brachiolysts, 1 Aerolyst/Battalyst/Conculyst/Symbilyst||3 + 0/1/2/3|
|2 Brachiolysts, 2 Symbilysts||8|
|2 Brachiolysts, 1 Battalyst, 1 Conculyst||5|
|Summulysts, Choralysts, Ortholysts|
The Orphix is protected by multiple Orphix Resonators near it and can only be damaged when all Resonators are destroyed, opening up its center blue cavity to spawn more Sentient troops to help defend it. In ascending order of frequency, Orphix can spawn Aerolysts, Summulysts, Choralysts, Ortholysts, Symbilysts, Conculysts, Battalysts, and Brachiolysts. At 50% health, the Orphix will close up its cavity to respawn Resonators. Once the Orphix is dead, all Sentient enemies spawned by that Orphix will disappear. The Sentient control meter will also decrease by 8% upon defeating an Orphix.
After successfully destroying three Orphix, players may extract or continue destroying more Orphix, up to a maximum of 36. Orphix will continue to spawn even if one is active; if Orphix are left active for 100 seconds (100% Sentient control), players cannot continue and are forced to extract. A mission failure will result if Sentient control reaches 100% when the player has not destroyed three Orphix.
Orphix Damage Resistance
Orphix possess DR that scales depending on your weapon's DPS excluding Critical Hits. DPS is calculated by:
Critical Hits are applied after DR is calculated. Additionally, the average DPS is calculated using Health Modifiers and is quantized.
|Planet||Mission Name||Faction||Wiki's DropTableAlias||Level||Tileset|
|Venus Proxima||Vesper Strait||Corpus||
||21 - 24||Free Space|
|Neptune Proxima||Mammon's Prospect||Corpus||
||31 - 34||Free Space|
|Pluto Proxima||Khufu Envoy||Corpus||
||35 - 38||Free Space|
||54 - 58||Free Space|
The mission reward rotation is AABC. Every three destroyed Orphix serves as a rotation and will reward an item from the rotation table.
|Lavan Engines Mk I||14.29%||Vidar Engines Mk I||13.64%||10.34%|
|Lavan Plating Mk I||14.29%||Vidar Plating Mk I||13.64%||10.34%|
|Lavan Reactor Mk I||14.29%||Vidar Reactor Mk I||13.64%||10.34%|
|Lavan Shield Array Mk I||14.29%||Vidar Shield Array Mk I||13.64%||10.34%|
- Vesper Strait, Venus Proxima
|Lavan Engines Mk II||14.29%||Vidar Engines Mk II||13.64%||10.34%|
|Lavan Plating Mk II||14.29%||Vidar Plating Mk II||13.64%||10.34%|
|Lavan Reactor Mk II||14.29%||Vidar Reactor Mk II||13.64%||10.34%|
|Lavan Shield Array Mk II||14.29%||Vidar Shield Array Mk II||13.64%||10.34%|
- Mammon's Prospect, Neptune Proxima
|Lavan Engines Mk III||14.29%||Vidar Engines Mk III||13.64%||10%|
|Lavan Plating Mk III||14.29%||Vidar Plating Mk III||13.64%||10%|
|Lavan Reactor Mk III||14.29%||Vidar Reactor Mk III||13.64%||10%|
|Lavan Shield Array Mk III||14.29%||Vidar Shield Array Mk III||13.64%||10%|
- Khufu Envoy, Pluto Proxima
|Vidar Engines Mk III||14.29%||Zetki Engines Mk III||13.64%||5.63%|
|Vidar Plating Mk III||14.29%||Zetki Plating Mk III||13.64%||5.63%|
|Vidar Reactor Mk III||14.29%||Zetki Reactor Mk III||13.64%||5.63%|
|Vidar Shield Array Mk III||14.29%||Zetki Shield Array Mk III||13.64%||5.63%|
- Erato, Veil Proxima
- Necramech Summon has a 1 minute cooldown to revive the Necramech.
- Players must hit the glowing blue cavity of Orphix with a direct hit to deal damage with area of effect weapons. Radial damage alone will not damage Orphix and is only applied to direct hit attacks.
- Orphix Resonators have 3,000 Object health.
- Destroying Resonators will decrease Sentient control by 5%.
- The event missions count towards challenges that involve survival missions, such as weekly Nightwave Acts.
- Tenno Specters will be killed instantly if affected by the Orphix pulse field.
- While this is more of a BUG, Yareli can enter the Orphix pulse field on Merulina without the operator being kicked out of the Frame, as long as Yareli is on Merulina she can use all her abilities and a Secondary Weapon. (FIXED)
- Early in the mission Orphix Resonators can be instantly destroyed with the Operator's Amp or Necramech's Melee, Slide, and Slam Attack.
- While there are free Necramechs for use, their unmodded state means they won't get very far with the higher leveled enemies.
- and have infinite punch through and can damage the Orphix Resonators from everywhere.
- The 's alt fire and deal massive damage to all enemies and the Orphix.
- The is capable of damaging the Orphix from any angle.
- Warframes can still use their abilities outside the pulse field. The following Warframes can continuously generate energy orbs for Necramechs:
- Use Voidrig's Storm Shroud and Bonewidow's Meathook and Shield Maiden to stay alive.
- The Vizier Predasite's can heal Necramechs in a substantial amount.
- Building for will allow for maximum damage against the armored Orphix and Sentients, who all use Ferrite Armor.
- The Battalyst's omni-directional laser makes it arguably the deadliest enemy, dealing a lot of damage very quickly to multiple Necramechs at long range. The Bonewidow's Meathook can instantly interrupt its attack and render it out of commission.
|PvE||Star Chart||Standard||Assassination • Capture • Exterminate • Hijack • Mobile Defense • Rescue • Sabotage (Assault, Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) + Hive • Spy|
|Endless||Defection • Disruption • Defense • Excavation • Infested Salvage • Interception • Survival • Void Armageddon • Void Cascade • Void Flood|
|Free Roam||Bounty (Isolation Vault, Heist)|
|Arena||The Index • Rathuum|
|Special||Granum Void • Junction • Recovery • Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Archwing||Exterminate • Interception • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Rush • Sabotage|
|Empyrean||Standard||Exterminate (Railjack) • Skirmish (Railjack) • Spy (Railjack) • Volatile (Railjack)|
|Endless||Defense (Railjack) • Orphix (Railjack) • Survival (Railjack)|
|Free Roam||Free Flight|
|PvP||Conclave||Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro|
|Other||Frame Fighter • Duel|
|Arbitrations • Crossfire • Dark Sectors • Environmental Hazards • Invasions • Kuva Siphon • |
Kuva Lich • Nightmare Mode • Nightwave • Sorties • The Steel Path • Void Fissures