They can either be bought for 20 under Equipment > Components, or assembled in the Foundry after finding its blueprint. These blueprints can be obtained in one of six ways:
- As a rare reward for completing a Sortie.
- From Gift Of The Lotus alerts.
- From Invasion battle pay (rarely).
- From some Tactical Alert rewards.
- As a potential Daily Tribute.
- One from completion of the Stolen Dreams quest.
After being built the blueprint will disappear, and more will need to be obtained before building another Orokin Catalyst.
|Time: 23 hrs|
|Market Price: 20||Blueprints Price: N/A|
A fully built Orokin Catalyst can also be bought with 75 Creds from Nightwave's Offerings.
Installing an Orokin CatalystEdit
To install an Orokin Catalyst on a weapon, go to your Arsenal, and select Upgrade to open the Mod screen.
From there, click the Actions button located in the bottom right, just below your mod list. Select the Upgrade panel.
How it worksEdit
An applied Orokin Catalyst will double the mod capacity of a weapon. This increases the total power that can be consumed by mods, but not the number of mod slots. A rank 1 weapon with a Catalyst installed will have a capacity of 2, which will increase to 60 at rank 30. Unlike Forma, Catalysts can only be applied to a weapon once.
It does not matter when the catalyst is installed; the capacity of a weapon with a Catalyst installed will always be double its rank.
- Orokin Catalysts are often referred to by players as 'blue potatoes' (as opposed to Orokin Reactors, called 'golden potatoes'), or in some cases, simply 'potatoes'. This originated from a short animation called "War friends" on YouTube; this was later tweeted by the Warframe Twitter and referenced by the Devs.
- Weapons bought with platinum from the Market come pre-installed with a Catalyst and their own weapon slot.
- Once applied to a weapon, it cannot be taken off to use on another weapon.
- Orokin Catalysts/Reactors are not removed after applying a Forma.
Last updated: Update 21.2
|Superchargers|| Arcane Enhancement • Exilus Adapter • Exilus Weapon Adapter|
(Regular, Greater, Eidolon, Lua) Focus Lens
(Aura, Stance, Umbra) Forma • Gravimag • Orokin Catalyst • Orokin Reactor
|Keys / Navigation||Animo Nav Beacon • Clan Key • Judgement Points • Mutalist Alad V Assassinate Key|
|Extractors||(Prime) Titan Extractor • (Prime) Distilling Extractor|
|Boosters||Affinity Booster • Credit Booster • Mod Drop Chance Booster • Resource Booster • Resource Drop Chance Booster|
|Others||Rush Repair Drone|