The Opticor is a Corpus chargeable laser cannon introduced in Update 15.0. Featuring extremely high Puncture damage and a small area of effect Magnetic explosion on impact, the Opticor can decimate clusters of enemies with ease, but its slow charge time and average reload makes it less suited for fast moving or close range enemies.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Highest base damage of all rifles.
- High critical chance, critical multiplier, and status chance.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Heavy Caliber's accuracy penalty is minimal on this weapon.
- Innate 1 meter Punch Through.
- Extremely ammo efficient.
- Shots are guaranteed to stagger enemies.
- Can be fired with roughly half a maximum charge, but with less damage.
- Beam has a width of 0.5 meters.
- Sides of the beam can hit enemies if they are close enough.
- Surface and enemy impacts creates a 5-meter explosion inflicting Magnetic damage.
- Can use the Firestorm mod.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Impact and Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Explosion has innate Magnetic damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Slow Charge Time.
- Impact explosion damage decreases with distance from its epicenter.
- The weapon fires as soon as it has reached a full charge, which can lead to premature firing.
- See Category:Opticor Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Opticor Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- As with most charge-based weapons, certain actions (such as reloading) can cancel the charging process. You can use this to avoid wasting a shot if enemies have moved out of your line of fire.
- When charging the weapon from a jump, transitioning into a slide will allow the charge to be kept instead of being cancelled.
- While it is charging, the Opticor emits a beam of light that is colored the same as its energy color. This targeting beam follows parallel to the path of the projectile, and other players can see it. The fired projectile will not follow the path of the beam.
- When a fully charged shot is fired, the shot leaves a particle effect in its wake consisting of striations of energy the same color as the gun's energy color. These are visually appealing but may obscure vision of the target.
- When starting out, make use of the Opticor's starting slot to fit Serration to enhance its AoE potential, and/or damage output. Heavy Caliber's accuracy drop is also very marginal, making it another good choice.
- A critical chance increase and/or critical damage increase can offer an immense damage increase when getting a critical hit. Even simply increasing the critical chance to 50% with Point Strike is sufficient.
- Works well in combination with Nova's Antimatter Drop due to the weapon's pin-point accuracy and massive damage, allowing Antimatter Drop to deal large amounts of damage with only a single shot.
- The Opticor treats the Shield Lancer's shield as a solid environmental surface, setting off its AoE damage effect. Shooting at Shield Lancers in the midst of enemy Grineer can be a good alternative to shooting the ground to deal splash damage.
- Unfortunately, due to its low base Slash damage, the Opticor almost never deals Slash procs. However, this can be substituted for by modding for Toxin damage and Status chance.
- Due to its 50% Crit Chance with Point Strike, the Opticor can make great use of Hunter Munitions, allowing it to get more Slash procs than it normally would.
- If a fully charged shot impacts an Arctic Eximus' Snow Globe, it will deal its explosion damage, dealing heavy damage to everything inside. A well-modded Opticor can destroy an entire squadron of enemies huddled in a Snow Globe with one shot using this method.
- Mesa's Ballistic Battery counts the explosion damage as a separate shot for charging up Ballistic Battery; it is thus possible to achieve a full charge of Ballistic Battery with a single shot from the Opticor. Additionally, it would seem the damage bonus from Ballistic Battery is spread across the explosion of the shot it is put into (requires confirmation).
- At the time of its introduction, firing the weapon at 50% yielded the same damage as firing at full charge, meaning charging the weapon past 50% served no purpose other than to afford additional time to aim. This was fixed in Hotfix 15.0.7.
- There are slight visual differences between partially-charged shots and fully-charged shots; fully-charged shots are wider and leave a short-lived trail of light after the main shot has dissipated.
- On the side-selection screen of an Invasion mission the Corpus are participating in, the Corpus side shows a Tech holding an Opticor. In-game, however, Techs use the Supra, with the Opticor only being used by two Index brokers – specifically, Ved Xol and Nako Xol under the Loan Reclamation Division.
- The jetpacks worn by Rangers, Quanta Rangers and Penta Rangers are actually made up of four Opticor rifles.
- When the Opticor Shock-Camo skin was released, the skin was bugged as a Shock-Camo Braton
- Upon hitting Volt's Electric Shield, the beam will explode, as the shield is considered a solid surface.
- This however will not prevent the actual shot, only the AoE blast.
- Enemies hit by the explosion will be alerted, but other enemies will only be alerted when one of the targets hit by the explosion sees you.
- If the final Lephantis head in phase 1 is killed by the Opticor, the head will vaporise and prevent you from proceeding to phase 2, forcing you to abort the mission.
- Due to the special parameters of the beam the gun fires, certain bosses (Eidolons, General Sargas Ruk and Lephantis) take significantly reduced damage from the Opticor, because the beam's AoE damage hits their weakspot before the main beam does, thus completely nullifying the beam's damage, and only dealing the AoE's worth of damage.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.10.7
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|