Operation: Orphix Venom is the second Sentient invasion against the Origin System as part of The New War story arc. This event pits the Tenno's Necramechs against Sentient enemies with Grineer and Corpus caught in the crossfire in normal tilesets.
The event lasted from December 18, 2020 2:50 PM ET to January 18, 2021 2:00 PM ET on PC and from January 21, 2021 3:20 PM ET to February 21, 2021 3:20 PM ET on all consoles.
- 1 Event Synopsis
- 2 How to Start
- 3 Event Rewards
- 4 Mission Rewards
- 5 Phasic Cells/Scoring
- 6 Mechanics
- 7 Notes
- 8 Tips
- 9 Bugs
- 10 Media
- 11 External Links
- 12 Patch History
Following the Tenno's victory and the Sentients' defeat in Operation: Scarlet Spear, Erra and the Sentients have retreated and gone into hiding. The second Sentient invasion in the Origin System thus begins, and the Orphix Sentient Units return, but this time they have been taught to override Warframes by deploying weaponized pulses cleverly designed to disable them, leaving the Necramechs as the Tenno's last option.
During the Operation, Natah transmits messages to the Tenno, revealing that she was the one who taught the Orphix to disable Warframes. Her messages about deploying the Orphix series, containing a letter followed by a number, reveal a code from ordering the numbers, which says: "I AM DYING".
How to Start
There are three event missions that can be accessed from the Star Chart's alert bar:
- Normal, located on Europa using the Corpus Ship tileset
- Advanced, located on Saturn using the Grineer Galleon tileset
- Endurance, located on Jupiter cycling between the Corpus Gas City, Corpus Ship, and Grineer Galleon tilesets every hour
Completing Operation: Orphix Venom missions with a certain number of points will yield one-time rewards.
|Normal||500||Operation Orphix Venom Emblem Emblem|
|Advanced||1,000||Ayatan Hemakara Sculpture|
|Endurance||2,000||Aura Forma + Supulchrax Skin|
Clan Leaderboards and Clan Trophies
Clan Scores are determined based on the sum of all participating members' best scores. They are balanced around about 50% member participation for Gold Tier trophies.
Father in the Necralisk on Deimos will have a shop where players can spend their earned Phasic Cells, including a brand-new Warframe, his helmet, and his weapon, new Necramech mods and cosmetics, and items previously available from Operation: Scarlet Spear.
- Blueprint & Parts
- Blueprint & Parts
- New Necramech Mods
- New Cosmetics:
- Returning Scarlet Spear items:
- To buy all Orphix Venom event-exclusive (or at the very least time-exclusive) items at least once, players will need 15,350 Phasic Cells.
- To buy all Scarlet Spear event-exclusive (or at the very least time-exclusive) items at least once, players will need 6,100 Phasic Cells.
- To buy all Arcanes available through the event to max rank, players will need 224,700 Phasic Cells.
The mission reward rotation is AABC. Every three destroyed Orphix will reward an item from the rotation table.
|Rotation A||Rotation B||Rotation C|
|x500 Endo||37.5%||x750 Endo||28%||x1000 Endo||26%|
|5%||Cedo Barrel||2%||Lavos Blueprint||2%|
|2.5%||Cedo Blueprint||2%||Lavos Chassis Blueprint||2%|
|2.5%||Cedo Receiver||2%||Lavos Cordatus Helmet Blueprint||2%|
|2.5%||Cedo Stock||2%||Lavos Neuroptics Blueprint||2%|
|2.5%||Lavos Systems Blueprint||2%|
|Rotation A||Rotation B||Rotation C|
|x750 Endo||25%||x1500 Endo||40%||x2250 Endo||37%|
|6%||Cedo Barrel||3%||Lavos Blueprint||3%|
|3%||Cedo Blueprint||3%||Lavos Chassis Blueprint||3%|
|3%||Cedo Receiver||3%||Lavos Cordatus Helmet Blueprint||3%|
|3%||Cedo Stock||3%||Lavos Neuroptics Blueprint||3%|
|3%||Lavos Systems Blueprint||3%|
|Rotation A||Rotation B||Rotation C|
|x1000 Endo||12%||x2000 Endo||20%||8%|
|Lavos Cordatus Helmet Blueprint||8%||8%||8%|
|Lavos Blueprint||4%||Cedo Blueprint||4%||4%|
|Lavos Chassis Blueprint||4%||Cedo Receiver||4%||4%|
|Lavos Neuroptics Blueprint||4%||Cedo Stock||4%||4%|
|Lavos Systems Blueprint||4%||4%|
|Orphix #||Score per|
Phasic Cells are a unique event-exclusive currency that can be gained by completing Orphix Venom missions. They are earned at the rate of 1 Phasic Cells per 10 points. For every second that there are no active Orphix on the map, players will earn 1 points. Additional points can be earned for each Sentient killed and a base 100/150/200 points are rewarded for destroying Orphix on Normal/Advanced/Endurance missions. Score gain per destroyed Orphix will scale in all difficulties based on the following formula:
Score per Orphix =
- where N is the number of reward rotations, up to 8 for Normal/Advanced missions and 12 for Endurance.
Total Score per Rotation=
Phasic Cells gained in a mission = rounded down
Each Orphix has an initial value of 100 points in the first Operation mission. As your fight evolves, so will the Orphix, awarding you more points at a greater difficulty. Orphix will be worth 200 points at the hardest difficulty (Endurance), and scale up from there! Kill Sentients to increase your score as well. The higher your score, the more Phasic Cells you'll walk away with.
Try to survive for as long as possible - The first two Operation missions have a limit of 24 Orphix spawns. 36 Orphix will be the maximum amount in the Endurance mission. Orphix kill points go up with high level mission types. Endurance missions with a 36 Orphix spawn grant the highest possible score.
Phasic Cells can be earned in any Operation mission. However, Endurance gives the most points per Orphix. While this Operation is possible Solo, better results will come from coordinated Squads.
|Enemy Type||Score per kill|
|Orphix #||Orphix/Enemy Level|
Orphix spawns are not random and occur once every 1 minute and 30 seconds, cycling through three distinct tile locations. The following diagram shows how the Orphix spawn locations are laid out in a linear fashion.
A 🡆 B 🡆(C) then (C)🡆 B 🡆 A 🡅 🡇 C 🡄 B 🡄 A or (C)🡆 A 🡆 B 🡅 🡇 C 🡄 A 🡄 B
The Orphix spawn pattern starts with Tile A, Tile B and then Tile C. After the 3rd Orphix, it changes to use the spawn pattern CBA-ABC or CAB-BAC. Note that spawning tiles will be adjacent but not necessarily in linear arrangement and probably have branch paths that lead to dead ends.
Fighting the Orphix
Orphix radiate a pulse field that disables Warframes and dispels any buffs and active abilities. Crossing into the pulse field with the Warframe will force the player into Operator mode to rely on their Necramechs via Necramech Summon. If the player does not own a Necramech, there will be fallen Necramechs to use Transference into, which are rank 30 and equipped with a but are unmodded.
There are two distinct phases when fighting an Orphix: destroying Orphix Resonators and weakening the Orphix.
The Orphix is protected by three or more Orphix Resonators near it and can only be damaged when all Resonators are destroyed, opening up its center blue cavity to spawn more Sentient troops to help defend it. In ascending order of frequency, Orphix can spawn Aerolysts, Summulysts, Choralysts, Ortholysts, Symbilysts, Conculysts, Battalysts, and Brachiolysts. At 50% health, the Orphix will close up its cavity to respawn Resonators. Once the Orphix is dead, all Sentient enemies spawned by that Orphix will disappear. The Sentient control meter will also decrease by 50% upon defeating an Orphix.
After successfully destroying three Orphix, players may extract or continue destroying more Orphix, up to a maximum of 24 in normal/advanced missions and 36 in the endurance mission. Orphix will continue to spawn even if one is active; if Orphix are left active for 100 seconds (100% Sentient control), players cannot continue and are forced to extract. A mission failure will result if Sentient control reaches 100% when the player has not destroyed three Orphix.
Orphix Damage Resistance
- Main article: Orphix#Damage Resistance
Orphix possess DR that scales depending on your weapon's DPS excluding Critical Hits. DPS is calculated by:
Critical Hits are applied after DR is calculated. Additionally, the average DPS is calculated using Health Modifiers and is quantized.
- The Necramech Summon has a 1 minute cooldown to revive the Necramech instead of the usual 3 minutes.
- Players must hit the glowing blue cavity of Orphix with a direct hit to deal damage with area of effect weapons. Radial damage alone will not damage Orphix and is only applied to direct hit attacks.
- Resource Boosters and Smeeta Kavat's does not affect the number of Phasic Cells rewarded from event missions as they are directly rewarded based on point score rather than as a drop.
- Orphix Resonators have 3,000 Object health.
- The event missions count towards challenges that involve survival missions, such as weekly Nightwave Acts.
- Tenno Specters will be killed instantly if affected by the Orphix pulse field.
- The Granum Void and captured Solaris are unavailable in the Corpus Ship tileset.
- Early in the mission Orphix Resonators can be instantly destroyed with the Operator's Void Blast or Necramech's Melee, Slide, and Slam Attack.
- While there are free Necramechs for use, their unmodded state means they won't get very far with the higher leveled enemies.
- and have infinite punch through and can damage the Orphix Resonators from everywhere.
- 's alt fire and deal massive damage to all enemies and the Orphix.
- is capable of damaging the Orphix from any angle.
- Warframes can still use their abilities outside the pulse field. The following Warframes can continuously generate energy orbs for Necramechs:
- If a Warframe is equipped with , kills that the user gets with the Necramech will not drain health from the inactive warframe and will instead heal their own Necramech. This will also heal other players' Necramechs and Warframes as usual.
- With the number of enemies that spawn, using this with a weapon that can kill large groups of enemies at once can easily keep the entire squad alive.
- Use Voidrig's Storm Shroud and Bonewidow's Meathook and Shield Maiden to stay alive.
- Building for will allow for maximum damage against the armored Orphix and Sentients, who all use Ferrite Armor.
- The Battalyst's omni-directional laser makes it arguably the deadliest enemy, dealing a lot of damage very quickly multiple Necramechs at long range. The Bonewidow's Meathook can instantly interrupt its attack and render it out of commission.
- Using a Warframe with is a good way to always have energy for the Necramech.
- The destruction of your Necramech can lead to a loss of previously collected EXP in the mission for both the equipped Archgun and the Necramech.
- Operation: Orphix Venom (Live on PC)! forum post
- Console Update: Orphix Venom (Status: LIVE!) forum post
- Event leaderboards
- Google Doc Spreadsheet with calculatable costs
- Reddit post confirming the existence of Natah's secret message