The Obex is a set of Corpus-built hand and foot guards designed for close combat.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- Tied with Prisma Obex for the third highest critical chance of all sparring weapons, behind Hirudo and Korrudo.
- Slam attack deals Electricity damage – effective against Machinery and Robotic.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Brutal Tide stance.
- Can use the Obex-exclusive Entropy Detonation mod.
- Grants a 5% movement speed bonus when equipped.
- Tied with Kogake for the lowest base damage of all sparring weapons.
- Slam attack deals Electricity damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Low status chance.
- Obex, compared to Prisma Obex:
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Obex's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:15,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Slide attack does not involve spinning, but rather causes the Warframe to perform a handspring, finishing with a kick that sends enemies flying, ragdolling them.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Obex Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Obex Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Obex is Latin for "Barrier".
- If the Melee button is pressed repeatedly as the Obex is being used in a long succession, this generates two spheres of energy around that can last about 5 seconds, depending on how long the user attacks. This process also produces flames in each hand.
- Unlike the Kogake, when equipped on Vauban the weapon does not clip the mesh on his feet. Instead, it fits his boxy figure flawlessly.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Using the jump attack to knock down an enemy who is in the midst of attempting to initiate a lockdown has a tendency to cause a lockdown to occur immediately.
- When equipped with the Loki Knave Skin, it doesn't appear at all.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Kogake, a similar weapon.
- Prisma Obex, the Void Trader version of this weapon, sold by Baro Ki'Teer.