Release Date: January 29th, 2013
Nyx is a psychic-themed Warframe released in Update 6. Her abilities allow her to disrupt movement and coordination within enemy ranks, making her a formidable ally in battle.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprint Price: 25,000|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
AcquisitionNyx's component blueprints are acquired from Phorid assassination missions during an Infested Invasion.
|Chassis Blueprint||38.72%||6 – 7||27 ± 9|
Expected refers to total number of runs a player can expect to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of runs a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained visit here.
“I am the Lotus. I will guide you, but we must hurry.”Guides are created by users like you. They aren't as strictly regulated as most pages, so keep an eye out for dated or subjective information.
Have your own build and playstyle? You can contribute too! Instructions are within.
See Category:Nyx Guides to read user-made guides on how to play this Warframe.
- Nyx is the name of the Greek goddess of the night.
- During development, Nyx originally went by the name of "Jade"
- Apart from the helmet and gender, Nyx's overall design is almost identical to Excalibur. This was the result of a scrapped attempt to create alternative genders to the Warframes during the pre-alpha stages of the game.
- This prototype Nyx was practically identical to Excalibur, with the only major difference being body shape. Prototype-Nyx's base helmet (which was no different from Excalibur's base helmet design-wise) would occasionally reveal itself in earlier builds of the game, replacing the icon of the Menticide Helmet blueprint during extraction.
- For a long time, the silhouette Chaos projected in front of affected enemies also used prototype-Nyx's helmet, rather than her current base helmet. This was eventually corrected in Update 12.4.
- Nyx is similar in design to Nadia Sudek's Nemesis armor from Dark Sector.
- The Nyx Nemesis Skin further reveals the fact that Nyx was most likely based off of Nemesis.
- Oddly, Nyx's default color scheme has three separate energy colors, one being the deep blue energy seen within her Warframe such as the lights upon her helmet, two being on minor effects within abilities and along her wrists and thirdly the last being for major power effects, a bright orange glow as seen around enemies within Mind Control.
- All of these will be set to one custom color if her energy color is changed.
- When using Mind Control on an enemy, the Tenno script that appears and floats around the enemy says "Obey."
“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”The Void Relics for this item have been removed from the drop tables at this time and are no longer available.
Release Date: September 23rd, 2014
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprint Price: N/A|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
Lith/Meso/Neo/Axi refer to Void Relics
(V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics
(B) Denotes Baro Ki'Teer Exclusive Void Relic
- Nyx Prime, compared to Nyx:
- As a Prime Warframe, Nyx Prime possesses a special passive ability where contact with an Orokin Void Death Orb will make them release an energy pulse that grants 250 Energy to all nearby allies. This effect can only occur once per Death Orb, and can occur even if the Death Orb has been previously destroyed.
- Nyx Prime was the first Prime Warframe to have two enhanced stats, at the time she received increased Armor and Sprint speed over her normal version. When Update 17.0 launched she received an additional boost in Shields.
- Enemies affected by Nyx Prime's Chaos now show a Nyx Prime holding a Braton Prime instead of a regular Nyx holding a standard Braton.
- On August 9th, 2016, it was announced that Nyx Prime would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on August 23rd, 2016, along with Hikou Prime and Scindo Prime. Any preexisting components, relics or fully-built frames will remain as is.
- Nyx Prime resurfaced from the Prime Vault, along with Hikou Prime, Scindo Prime, Rhino Prime, Boltor Prime, and Ankyros Prime, and was accessible from July 24th, 2018 to September 25th, 2018. She resurfaced again together with the same line-up from July 16th, 2019 to September 3rd, 2019.
Enemies are 20% less accurate when targeting Nyx (except while Absorb is active).
Nyx invades the psyche of a target, confusing enemies and making them fight for the Tenno cause. Targets then fired upon by Nyx receive a damage multiplier.
|Duration:15 / 20 / 25 / 30 s|
|Range:20 / 40 / 50 / 60 m|
|Misc:4 s (damage conversion duration)|
- Nyx fully inhabits the mind of an enemy within a range of 20 / 40 / 50 / 60 meters, forcing them to fight for her team over a duration of 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 seconds. For the next 4 seconds after activation, any damage Nyx inflicts to the mind controlled target is absorbed and converted to increase the target's damage output.
- Control duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Cast range is affected by Ability Range.
- Damage conversion and duration are not affected by mods.
- Target is initially stunned for a brief duration.
- Mind controlled targets are immune to friendly fire, though the friendly damage dealt to them while the ability is active will be accumulated and then dealt to them once the ability ends. Unalerted enemies that are mind-controlled will be susceptible to Stealth Damage Multipliers from melee attacks over the ability's duration.
- Critical hits are not taken in consideration to this damage.
- The amount of damage gained from converted damage is displayed in the HUD beside Nyx's shield and health indicators.
- Only one target may be controlled at a time.
- Mind controlled enemies will not count toward Interception nodes, neither blocking nor contributing to the capture progress.
- If the target dies before Nyx finishes her casting animation, energy used for Mind Control will be refunded.
- Mind-controlled targets use their abilities to the benefit of the Tenno and to the detriment of their former allies. For example:
- The mines dropped by Mine Ospreys (including mines placed before the ability was used) will not hurt Nyx and her allies, but will hurt the Osprey's former allies.
- Security Cameras will ignore everything and never go into the alerted state. Turrets can behave unpredictably (using Mind Control on Turrets will make them fight for Nyx, but only when a camera activates them; in other words, Turrets can deactivate if the camera is destroyed or goes into the unalerted state.)
- Shield Ospreys will project shields on allies and defense objectives, although it is usually destroyed rather quickly. 200 shields are added to an ally's or objective's maximum shield capacity, and shields will be instantly recharged upon entering the Osprey's range (Shields will regenerate like normal if damaged while already being buffed by the Shield Osprey.)
- Brood Mothers, Drahk Masters, Hyekka Masters, Fusion MOAs, Seekers, Sniper Crewmen and Techs will spawn units that fight for the Tenno's side until the ability ends.
- Mind-controlled Ancients (Excluding Sanguine Ancients which have no passive buffs) will grant their Auras to nearby Tenno:
- Massive damage resistance, Immunity to knockdown and stagger effects when next to Ancient Healers and Corrupted Ancients.
- Magnetic damage resistance when next to Ancient Disruptors and possible ability resistance (perhaps Eximus damage or effect reductions).
- Toxin resistance when next to Toxic Ancients.
- Comba and Scrambus disruption auras will remain active, though their helmets can be shot off to disable the auras even while they are being Mind Controlled.
- While Nullifier Crewmen can be Mind Controlled after their nullification field is disabled, they will dispel themselves upon it regenerating; the Projector Drones should therefore be destroyed.
- Mind Control will not work on bosses. However, the ability still applies a short duration stun.
- This is also true for Syndicate hunters and Lynx Turrets.
- Mind Control overrides the effect of Chaos on the selected target but will not be overridden by Chaos.
- Mind-controlled enemies with armor will appear as though they have no armor (yellow health bar is replaced by red health bar). The effect is purely visual, incoming damage is still reduced by armor, as all allied health bars do not reflect whether the unit is armored or not.
- Eximus enemies under Mind Control will focus their attacks on enemies instead. They will still project their damaging special auras (such as a large fire wave) but these will not damage allies over the ability's duration. In particular useful terms, Arctic Eximus will slightly slow down all other enemies in range while also providing protection for itself with it's snow-globe like shield.
- Eximi will not however grant nearby allies elemental damage or resistance, unlike when they are surrounded by enemies.
- When Mind Control is cast, an energy tether briefly links Nyx to her target as a visual indicator. The mind-controlled target will be marked with the symbol of the Lotus for the ability's duration along with waves of energy flowing over them, colored by your energy color.
- Toggleable since Hotfix 15.5.5. Recasting Mind Control without a target prematurely ends the effect, while recasting on a new target releases the old target.
- Enemies under mind control can be healed by friendly sources, to the benefit or detriment to the team:
- Radiation will prematurely end the ability when it procs on Mind Controlled enemies.
- Mind Controlled enemies can hack disabled Bursas.
- Rarely, Mind Control will reverse an enemies ability to set off alarms, and if by a rare chance the enemy decides to "activate" already activated alarms, the enemy will actually turn them off (including lifting a complete lockdown into a system wide alert instead). (not sure if this happens anymore as it was already rare before)
- Safeguard can be cast on mind controlled targets.
- Main article: Mind Freak
- Mind Control can be used to both neutralize powerful enemies like Heavy Gunners and Techs, and use them as temporary allies.
- Leech Eximus Enemies can make powerful allies as they can both (usually) deal large amounts of damage with their extended survivability, and withstand most damage taken that is returned after the ability expires.
- In Defense missions, casting Mind Control on the last enemy in a wave will buy time for the objective's shields and health to regenerate; this is more useful with improved Ability Duration.
- Mind-Controlled targets will still complete Interception objectives, and will complete them for the enemy team.
- If a Boiler is Mind Controlled, and receives fatal damage whilst the protection is active, When the ability ends it will spawn a mass of multiple infested spawn pods, possibly crashing clients.
- The shots of Mind-Controlled Tar-Mutalist MOAs will still injure Nyx and her allies.
- If Bursa was Mind Controlled in downed state and then hacked, disabling Mind Control makes it hostile again. Killing Bursa second time doesn't leave a body.
Nyx launches a cluster of force bolts at enemies, using telekinesis to adjust flight paths and seek nearby targets. Hits strip some enemy defenses.
|Strength:20 / 40 / 60 / 80% (debuff amount)|
|Duration:5 / 7 / 9 / 11s|
|Misc:3 / 4 / 5 / 6 (bolts)|
60 m (targeting range)
- Nyx launches 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 bolts of telekinetic energy that seek out enemies, removing 20 / 40 / 60 / 80% of the target's armor and shields, and removing Ancient Infested's auras, for 5 / 7 / 9 / 11s.
- Debuff amount is affected by Ability Strength.
- Debuff duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Number of bolts is not affected by mods.
- Casting range is not affected by Ability Range.
- Bolts bypass obstacles in the environment.
- Psychic Bolts will not target enemies behind obstacles in the environment unless Nyx has line of sight, or unless the enemy is aware of Nyx within a short period of time (e.g., an enemy that spots Nyx and runs out of view can still be targeted by Psychic Bolts if the ability is used within a small time frame).
- Psychic Bolts can be recasted while the ability is still active, doing so will cancel the effect on previous remaining target(s).
- Note that in-game TIPS for Psychic Bolts is not updated to reflect this change, still saying "Hold key to cancel the ability".
- Targeted enemies will briefly radiate energy as a visual indicator, and an audio cue will be played.
- Psychic Bolts is a one-handed action. As such, it can be used while performing various maneuvers and actions without interruption.
- Main article: Pacifying Bolts
- At 125% Ability Strength, debuff amount will reach 100%, which causes targets' defenses to be completely removed.
- Psychic Bolts synergizes well with damage types that are effective against health classes (e.g. Cloned Flesh and Flesh), like Slash and/or Viral.
With a powerful psychic blast, Nyx causes mass hysteria on the battlefield by confusing all enemies to attack random factions.
|Duration:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 s|
|Range:15 / 20 / 22 / 25 m|
- Nyx causes enemies within 15 / 20 / 22 / 25 meters to perceive their allies as Tenno for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds. Affected enemies will indiscriminately attack whoever is closest for the duration.
- Affected enemies are given raised threat levels.
- Will only stun Bosses and has no other effect on them.
- Shield Ospreys will stop projecting shields and simply close up and fly around until the effect is over, and unaffected Shield Ospreys will not shield affected enemies.
- Ancient Healers will still emit healing pulses but will not heal anything but themselves.
- The auras of Eximus units will negatively impact everyone within range, ally or enemy, for the duration of the ability (for example, the aura of the Arctic Eximus will slow down anyone in range).
- An illusion of Nyx wielding a Braton (or a Braton Prime in the case of Nyx Prime) is visible on affected units, reflecting how enemies perceive each other.
- Unlike Mind Control, enemies affected by Chaos will target Tenno if they are too close, and their attacks can still harm the team. Likewise, cameras and drones will still be able to detect players with normal detection behaviors.
- Chaos can be ended prematurely by killing all affected enemies.
- Can be recast while active.
- Only one instance of Chaos can be active at a given time, making enemies who are currently affected lose its effects.
- Reapplies both the stun and confusion.
- Main article: Chaos Sphere
- Chaos halts the damage mitigation supplied by Ancient Healers and Corrupted Ancients, allowing the Tenno to dispatch of groups protected by those units without having to deal with the Ancients first.
- In Interception missions, enemies affected by Chaos will less likely to attempt to capture the towers, and even stop if they are capturing any tower. This is particularly useful when doing Interception solo or with a nonfull squad.
Nyx absorbs all incoming damage and channels that collected energy into an explosive radial discharge.
Energy Drain: 7 / 6 / 5 / 4 s-1
|Strength:160 / 170 / 180 / 200 (passive damage gain)|
800 / 900 / 1000 / 1500 (minimum damage)
0.03% (taken damage converted)
|Range:5 / 7 / 8 / 10 m|
- Nyx enters a meditative state that allows her to absorb incoming damage and become completely immune to all forms of crowd control. A passive damage threshold is created that increases by 160 / 170 / 180 / 200 every second (e.g., an Absorb lasting 10 seconds will inflict a minimum of 2000 damage at max rank). This threshold has a minimum damage potential of 800 / 900 / 1000 / 1500. If the total amount of absorbed damage is greater than the damage threshold when Nyx leaves her meditative state, all absorbed damage and their types is inflicted to every enemy in a 5 / 7 / 8 / 10 meter explosion of psychic energy.
- Minimum damage and passive damage gain are affected by Ability Strength but absorbed damage is not.
- Only 10% of all incoming damage can be absorbed.
- Explosion damage bypasses obstacles in the environment and diminishes with distance. Affected enemies suffer a Knockdown.
- Explosion radius and orb size is affected by Ability Range.
- The invulnerability is extended to Sentinels or MOA (Companion)s , but not to pets.
- Absorb drains 7 / 6 / 5 / 4 energy per second, and will remain active so long as Nyx has energy. An additional 8 energy is drained for every 1000 damage that's absorbed. Absorb will end if Nyx runs out of energy, or if deactivated by pressing the ability key again (default
- Activation energy cost and drain cost from damage are affected by Ability Efficiency, and the channeling energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration.
- Nyx cannot replenish energy using Energy Vampire, Rift Plane's innate energy regeneration, Squad Energy Restores, Energy Siphon, Energizing Dash, Rage, and/or Hunter Adrenaline while Absorb is active.
- Absorb's energy drain is not converted into shields by Augur Mods.
- Energy can be replenished by Energy Orbs, Arcane Energize and/or Orokin Void Death Orb energy restores while the ability is active.
- Absorb converts 0.03% of the damage Absorb takes into an additive weapon damage bonus that activates when the ability is released, lasting 8 seconds, or until the ability is used again.
- E.g. the damage bonus looks like: (1 + Damage Mods + absorb conversion percentage × (1 + Strength Mods))
- This effect has an upper cap of 400% additive weapon damage.
- Nyx is immune to all effects by enemies. This does not include the energy drain from Energy Leech Eximus, which can still constantly drain energy as they are near.
- Nyx's evasion passive is disabled while Absorb is active.
- Casting Absorb in the air will cause Nyx to stay suspended until the skill is deactivated.
- Absorb will stop any movement achieved prior to casting the skill when used in the air.
- Even after deactivation, no momentum will carry over. Instead, you will drop straight down.
- This does reset the directional melee, however, and it may be used again to regain some momentum. Used in this manner, Nyx is able to "fly" across tiles so long as she has energy to cast Absorb.
- After not receiving damage for a short amount of time, the damage counter resets. This will not reset Absorb's total accumulated damage, however.
- Nyx's threat level is raised while Absorb is active.
- Shields are allowed to recharge freely while in the absorb state, whether Nyx is being attacked or not.
- If cast while falling off a ledge, Nyx will return from her original location and release Absorb immediately.
- Arcanes that require player to receive damage to trigger (such as Arcane Agility) does trigger while under effect of Absorb. However, incoming attacks does not consume Health Conversion stacks.
- Main article: Assimilate
Assimilate is a Warframe Augment Mod for Nyx that allows her to move and attack while channeling Absorb and prevents friendly fire from being absorbed, at the cost of shrinking Absorb's effective radius by 50%.
- Both the player and their allies can contribute to the damage absorbed, dramatically increasing damage output.
- It is not advisable to use this skill with the sentinel Shade. Shade will cloak Nyx during the Absorb period most of the time, whether the enemy is crowded around Nyx or not. As such, no damage will be absorbed as the enemy cannot see Nyx. During solo, the skill works fine still, as there are no teammates to draw enemy attention away.
- Using this ability while on an Ice Trap in the void will greatly reduce energy drained.
- If playing solo, this ability is a good candidate to combine Maximized Ability Efficiency and Maximized Ability Strength. When combined, the ability will:
- Cost 12.5 energy to activate, 7 energy per second to channel, and 4 energy will be drained for every 1000 damage absorbed.
- Deal 4260 damage to targets within 10 meters.
- Ragdoll all enemies, throwing them backwards. (minus exceptions listed above)
- Alternatively, a solo player can utilize self-damage from weapons such as Penta, Stug or Castanas to quickly and dramatically increase Absorb's damage without relying on the passive damage gain.
- Some user functions are still available even after Absorb is cast (thought it's not clear if this is intended functionality):
- Allies that stand inside the absorb bubble are shielded from incoming ranged damage to some degree.
- This can be a useful way to assist resurrecting an ally in a party of 3 or more.
- During this ability, Nyx will be in mid-air suspension, instantly stopping her fall speed. This can be an advantage in correcting improper fall timing or while performing coordinated Maneuvers.
- If Absorb ends in mid-air, in can often perform headshots on nearby enemies.
- For easy energy management one can use Equilibrium in combination with Synth Deconstruct and Synth Fiber.
|Strength Mods||Duration Mods||Range Mods|
After Update 15
|Released||Ash ( Ash Prime) • Atlas • Banshee ( Banshee Prime) • Baruuk • Chroma ( Chroma Prime) • Ember ( Ember Prime) • Equinox ( Equinox Prime) • Excalibur ( Excalibur Prime, Excalibur Umbra, Excalibur Umbra Prime) • Frost ( Frost Prime) • Gara • Garuda • Gauss • Harrow • Hildryn • Hydroid ( Hydroid Prime) • Inaros • Ivara • Khora • Limbo ( Limbo Prime) • Loki ( Loki Prime) • Mag ( Mag Prime) • Mesa ( Mesa Prime) • Mirage ( Mirage Prime) • Nekros ( Nekros Prime) • Nezha • Nidus • Nova ( Nova Prime) • Nyx ( Nyx Prime) • Oberon ( Oberon Prime) • Octavia • Revenant • Rhino ( Rhino Prime) • Saryn ( Saryn Prime) • Titania • Trinity ( Trinity Prime) • Valkyr ( Valkyr Prime) • Vauban ( Vauban Prime) • Volt ( Volt Prime) • Wisp • Wukong ( Wukong Prime) • Zephyr ( Zephyr Prime)|
|Attributes • Augments • Compare All • Cosmetics|