The Nox is a type of Grineer "Chem Strike" unit. They wield a poison-filled heavy gun that shoots blobs of toxic sludge which stick to targets and surfaces before exploding. Bloated and disfigured by the very chemicals they wield in combat, these vicious warriors wear crude, heavily armored suits that both protect them and serve to contain the noxious clouds they emit. Breaking the glass cover protecting their heads both releases this poisonous aura and exposes them to headshots. Beware of their final moments however, as they explode into a lethal cloud upon death.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- The Nox wields what is effectively a primary version of the . As such, its projectiles have a low range and arc, which causes the Nox to have difficulty targeting his enemies from range.
- To counter its ineffectiveness at range, the Nox can charge forward, causing all in his path to be knocked down as well as allowing him to close the distance for his gun to be more effective. They only do this as a last resort, however, once their glass helmets are destroyed.
- Combined with the ability to emit a constant 3-m aura of damage when the helmet is broken, the charge allows the Nox to knock down Tenno, then deal damage directly to their health.
Damage Resistance[edit | edit source]
A Nox's armored suit possesses DR that scales depending on your weapon's DPS, where DPS is calculated by
This DR also applies to its head so long as the glass is intact.
Once the glass is broken, the head uses the following system:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Nox's projectiles can stick to the player and inflict a slowing effect, similar to a status effect, though less severe. The sludge can be shaken off by rolling.
- Despite his head being exposed when his glass helmet is broken, his scaling damage reduction will still apply.
- At base level, the Nox's projectiles on impact deal 20 and 3 damage every second. Explosions deal 30 damage.
|Introduced||Update 25.7 (2019-08-29)|
||Other Drops||50 Kuva (Kuva Fortress)|
|Statistics||Mod Drops||Bane of Grineer 3.75%|
Cleanse Grineer 3.75%
Expel Grineer 3.75%
Smite Grineer 3.75%
|+ + +++ ‐ ‐‐|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Breaking the glass helmet will allow headshots and normal damage, but allows the Nox to emit a constant aura of Toxic damage, similar to an older incarnation of the Toxic Ancient.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name is a shortened version of Noxious, meaning poisonous or very unpleasant.
- The Grineer letters on its shoulders say "Noks" and the letters on its gun say "goo".
- The Soaktron from the Dog Days Tactical Alert appears to be based on the Nox's weapon, with the notable difference of being filled with water instead of deadly poison.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- A led Nox will still hurt players with his toxic cloud when his helmet is broken.
- The goo stuck to the players will still slow them even if it's from a friendly Nox (such as the allied ones from an invasion).