Release Date: July 13th, 2013
Nova is a high-tech, antimatter themed Warframe. She is somewhat fragile, lacking any powerful defensive abilities and having low shield capacity and moderate health. In return, she features extremely powerful offensive abilities capable of demolishing entire waves of enemies. Nova materialized in Update 9.0.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: 375||Blueprint Price: 35,000|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
AcquisitionNova's component blueprints are acquired from Raptors (Naamah, Europa).
|Chassis Blueprint||38.72%||6 – 7||27 ± 9|
Expected refers to total number of runs a player can expect to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of runs a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained visit here.
LoreHolsom Yurr was a notorious Corpus rail pirate who was hired to neutralize Nova. In his calculated plan, the pirate lured Nova onto the Orokin vessel, Masker's Theodolite, by rupturing its antimatter reactor as it was being drawn into a gravity well of an unknown planetoid. Once Nova was aboard, he jettisoned all of the ship's escape pods and then the antimatter core. Without the core, the ship's reactor ceased to function, threatening the lives of its 10,800 crew. Nova, a being that contains and harnesses antimatter, was then forced to sacrifice herself in order to replace the antimatter core.
Turning to the technicians she had saved, Nova threw her Hikou stars at Yurr's surveillance cameras and devised a strategy. She then walked into the reactor chamber, only for the technicians to override the blast doors to allow her to Worm Hole into the bridge and Molecular Prime Yurr and his mercenaries, picking them off with her Alamos Sniper. She then grabbed Yurr and threw him back into the series of Worm Holes, bringing him into the reactor chamber, before they collapsed and the blast doors sealed shut.
The pirate's molecules reached critical and his body went nova, and the ship's engines roared to life. Yurr met his fate as antimatter fuel for the Masker's Theodolite.
“I am the Lotus. I will guide you, but we must hurry.”Guides are created by users like you. They aren't as strictly regulated as most pages, so keep an eye out for dated or subjective information.
Have your own build and playstyle? You can contribute too! Instructions are within.
See Category:Nova Guides to read user-made guides on how to play this Warframe.
- Both the name and the abilities of this Warframe were chosen by submissions of Design Council being filtered by Digital Extremes then voting by the Design Council community.
- Nova is one of the fastest Warframes, with a base sprint speed third to Gauss, second to Loki, and tied with Ash Prime, Mirage, and Wisp.
- The term nova refers to the violent outbursts of energy that occur in cataclysmic variable stars. These variables are actually binary stars that consist of a tidally-distorted companion that accretes stellar material onto the surface of a white dwarf. In this accretion disk, the infalling matter is highly compressed on the white dwarf's surface due to its immense gravity. This process increases the pressure and temperature of the collected matter tremendously: enough to burn hydrogen. As this matter contains mostly hydrogen, runaway fusion reactions occur on the white dwarf's surface, producing an extremely bright thermonuclear outburst.
- According to Nova's profile, this Warframe was a result of Tenno High Council research. This is widely believed to be a nod to the Design Council that aided in Nova's creation.
- Nova is the last Warframe with a helmet that grants statistical changes (The Nova Flux Helmet), as all helmets released from Nekros onward have since been entirely cosmetic.
- Currently one of four frames that has three alternate helmets, the others being Loki, Excalibur, and Vauban.
- Dying while wearing a different helmet and using a different color scheme causes Nova's head to return to default coloring.