Little is known about Nora's history or background, but as the host of Nightwave, she has access to stories and events across the Origin System. It is implied that she travels around in her ship, the Nightwave, which may be how she has first-hand knowledge of current events. She is aware of the existence of the Tenno, calling them "Dreamers"; whether or not this is in reference to the true nature behind the Warframes is unknown. She is, however, aligned with their cause, sympathizing the Tenno's efforts to bring balance and justice to the Origin System.
In the final episode of Nightwave Series 3, she was glassed by Nihil himself after helping the Tenno find the Glassmaker. Her consciousness was trapped in the Memory Weave until the Tenno defeated Nihil in combat, freeing her and other glassed victims from eternal prison. Nora Night delivered the oubliette containing the Glassmaker to the Tenno, entrusting them to ensure the Glassmaker is never set loose again.
- Her dialogue can trigger after completing a mission, leaving a player hub, or turning the Radio Scanner off and on again whilst in the Orbiter.
- Unlike normal radio scanner transmissions, Nora Night's broadcasts have subtitles (when enabled).
- Nora was first introduced ingame in Hotfix 24.2.15 (2019-02-15) on PC, Hotfix 24.2.12 (2019-01-30) on Xbox One and PS4, and Update 24.0 (2018-11-08) on Nintendo Switch.
- All platforms were able to hear her messages on February 15, 2019, despite being on different builds of the game.
- "If nothing saves us from death, [...]" is a quote by the Chilean poet Pablo Neruda.
- "For ten years I have been polishing this sword. [...]" is a quote by the Chinese poet Jia Dao.
- "It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be." is an attribution by English philosopher Francis Bacon to the Roman poet Virgil.
- "You live with wolves you better act like one." is a paraphrasing of an old Russian proverb: "To live with wolves is to howl like wolves."("С волками жить — по-волчьи выть."). It is commonly misattributed to Soviet politician Nikita Khrushchev.
- "The Red King is at the dance," while possibly an allusion to Hunhow, it's also a reference to Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" saga, in which the main antagonist, The Crimson King, is pulling the strings from the shadows, in order to destroy all the universes connected to the Tower. One of the ways he does this is by a group of mounted robots known as Grey Wolves.
- "Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed." is a quote by the Korean admiral and military general Yi Sun-sin, which in of itself is a quote from the Chinese classic, the Book of Rites.
- "With the impossible behind you, all that remains is what is necessary." may be a paraphrasing of a quote spoken by Arthur Conan Doyle ("When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.").
- As confirmed on Devstream 124, Nora Night's character was inspired by D.J. (Lynne Thigpen) from the cult-classic crime film The Warriors (1979).
- Nora Night is voiced by Sheryl Mebane.