Release Date: December 22nd, 2016
Epitome of the endlessly evolving Infestation, Nidus bends the vile corruption to his will, mutates his genetic potency to adapt and assimilates his victims with an insatiable parasitic hunger. Nidus and his strain developed in Update 19.5.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprint Price: N/A|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
AcquisitionCephalon Simaris for 100,000.
|Chassis Blueprint||14.29%||12 – 13 C Rotations||52 ± 15 C Rotations|
Expected refers to total number of runs a player can expect to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of runs a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained visit here.
Little is known about the history of the Nidus Warframe. However, the Myconian's relationship with the Infestation reveals that the Infested strain that created Nidus has helped them understand how to become immune to it, allowing them to harvest Infested flesh as part of their livelihood.
Nidus has a mysterious connection with the Helminth being that resides in the Orbiter, being the only Warframe that can purposely be infected by the Helminth Virus; the extent of this relationship is currently unknown.
- As Nidus has no shields, any Hijack objective will drain his health instead in order to move.
- However, there are benefits with Nidus's lack of shields, such as:
- The Decaying Dragon Key having no negative effect, allowing Nidus to carry it without issue.
- The No Shields Nightmare Mode condition has no effect.
- Cryogenic Leakage has no effect on his nonexistent shields. His friction is still affected however.
- Magnetic has no effect on his nonexistent shields. Energy drain and HUD disruption still occur, however.
- Rage and Hunter Adrenaline always giving energy when damage is taken.
- Nidus has the unique passive ability to infect other players both in combat and in a Clan Dojo with the "Helminth Virus" acquired from the Infested Room onboard the Orbiter. Nidus is the only Warframe that can be used to open the Infested Room without having a fully mature cyst.
- The word nidus (Latin root: "nest") is defined as the site of origin for disease or bacteria or a place where bacteria multiplies.
- Nidus is the first Warframe to use Kuva as a Blueprint ingredient.
- Nidus is the second Warframe after Inaros to have no base shields whatsoever.
- Nidus is also the first Warframe to use another type of ability resource besides energy, in the form of Mutation stacks.
- Nidus is the first and only Warframe to innately regenerate Health.
- Nidus is the first frame to have extra stat bonuses when leveling up.
- The screech of Nidus' fourth ability was done by Digital Extremes sound designer, Willem Schonken.