“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers.
The Necramechs are Entrati war machines encountered on the ruins of Cambion Drift, Deimos. They are cybernetic bipedal mecha built during The Old War as a predecessor to Warframes, though they were far less intelligent. They were then repurposed by Father to defend the civilians of Deimos. After the Infestation came, the autonomous Necramechs reverted back to their old attack precepts, causing them to attack both Tenno and Infested alike.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
Enemy Necramechs are invulnerable on their entire body, except for their shoulders and the glowing blue Void scar on its back. The arms can be shot off with enough damage to deprive its Mausolon and melee, but Necramechs will walk back to pick them up and reattach them if not defeated in a timely manner.
These Voidrig Necramechs have the same abilities (with the exception of Guard Mode) as when they're operated by a player but aren't limited by energy. Instead, their abilities have a cooldown timer for when they can be recast again. Additionally, they project an invisible short-range nullification field around themselves which cancels out active Warframe and Operator abilities and prevents the casting of abilities too. Nearby Operators will be forced into their Warframes if they get close to the Necramech.
The Necramech's Storm Shroud ability acts similarily to Rhino's Iron Skin, where it will absorb all damage taken for 3 seconds and turn it into an electrical barrier. This barrier will last forever until enough damage has been done to destroy it and only then can the player damage its health/shields. The barrier also reflects damage taken and Status Effects inflicted.
Occasionally, the Necramech will cast Necraweb if its throwing left arm is still attached to the mech.
After losing both of its arms, the Necramech will immediately activate both Storm Shroud and Gravemines and walk towards the player. Destroying the shoulder pads reveal additional weak spots marked by orange coloration where the arms were attached.
Damage Resistance[edit | edit source]
“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
Need more research/testing for exact formulas/numbers.
- Main article: Damage Reduction
Enemy Necramechs possess DR that scales depending on your weapon's DPS excluding critical hits. DPS is calculated by
This DR applies to its shoulders and back.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Can only receive up to 4 stacks of any status effect with the exception of Impact which can stack up to 6 times, and Radiation only amplifies the damage the Necramech receives from allied units and does not enable friendly fire unless those allies themselves are inflicted by the status.
- Allied Necramechs can appear on the surface during Vome.
- Corpses can be looted ( Nekros's Desecrate and Chesa Kubrow's Retrieve).
- Additional loot retrieval does not work for loot while alive ( Ivara's Prowl) and loot on death ( Hydroid's Pilfering Swarm, Khora's Pilfering Strangledome, Wukong's Monkey Luck passive) abilities. They also cannot be petrified ( Atlas's Ore Gaze).
- Certain abilities, such as Loki's Invisibility, are immediately canceled upon activation, and placed on a short cooldown. The Nocturne buff granted by Octavia's Metronome does not get canceled, however, due to the nature of how the buff is applied.
- Octavia's mallet requires BOTH of a Necramech's arms to be destroyed before it deals damage.
- Armor stripping abilities will not work on enemy Necramechs as if they were bosses.
- Storm Shroud does not reflect Void damage, making the Operator's Amp effective in taking down the Necramech's barrier.
- Exodia Epidemic waves affect Necramechs.
- Is affected by Magus Lockdown.
- Damaged Necramech parts are tradable.
- After a period of time from destroying the arms they will show up attached to the Necramech again.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Banshee's Silence can prevent Necramechs from using their abilities.
- Shattering Impact and Amalgam Argonak Metal Auger do not rely on specific status effects to strip armor.
- Weapons with innate or modded Punch Through (like Ignis) will penetrate Necramech bodies and damage their weak points regardless of attack angle.
- Radiation is the most effective damage type against Necramech Alloy Armor.
- Companions, Specters, and allied enemies (e.g. from Nekros' Shadows Of The Dead, Nyx's Mind Control, or Octavia's Mallet) can distract the Necramech, allowing the player to easily strafe around it to attack its weak points.
- Enemy Infested units may also target the Necramech but are a less reliable source of distraction.
- Be aware that their attacks do contribute to the Necramech's Shroud Storm barrier health.
- The Dreamer Air Support Charges from Nightwave landing craft prevent the Necramech from any action for the duration.
- Nekros' Desecrate can be used to double the Orokin Matrix drops from the Necramech since they have a 100% chance of dropping.