Assume control of a projectile and guide it to the target.
Energy Drain: (3 + 2t) s-1
|Strength:2x / 3x / 4x / 5x (maximum multiplier)|
|Duration:0.25x / 0.5x / 0.75x / 1x s-1 (multiplier growth)|
- Ivara projects her consciousness into a projectile fired from any weapon or ability she uses, switching the camera perspective from the Warframe to the controlled projectile. Ivara becomes invisible while Navigator is active.
- Clicking the fire button (default ) will accelerate the projectile, while pressing aim (default ) will slow it down. The projectile's direction can be steered by the HUD's targeting reticle.
- If Navigator is cast before firing a projectile, a ring of flashing lights will be displayed around the HUD's targeting reticle, indicating the next projectile fired will be controlled. The ability icon in the HUD will also display an ellipsis until a projectile is fired.
- If Navigator is cast after firing a projectile, the projectile will be controlled as its in flight.
- Projectiles refer to any shot with a physical presence and travel time. Weapons that use projectiles include bows, launchers, throwing knives, bolt-firing weapons, and thrown melee weapons using charge attacks. Navigator does not affect hitscan and continuous weapons.
- As the projectile is controlled, its total damage increases by an additional 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% per second up to a maximum damage multiplier of 200% / 300% / 400% / 500%.
- Maximum damage multiplier is affected by Power Strength.
- While a projectile is affected by Navigator, its damage multiplier can be viewed on the ability icon in the HUD. The values are displayed as multipliers rounded to the nearest tenth as opposed to percentages (e.g., a damage multiplier of 500% is displayed as "5.0x" in the HUD).
- Damage multiplier growth is affected by Power Duration.
- The multiplier growth uses the following expression when accounting for Power Duration: Modified Multiplier Growth = Multiplier Growth ÷ (1 + Power Duration). With a maxed Continuity, a rank-3 Navigator will have a multiplier growth equal to 1 ÷ 1.3 = ~76.9% per second.
- Navigator only consumes energy when a projectile is fired after activating the ability or when Navigator takes control of a projectile in flight. Navigator will also drain 3 energy per second which increases by an additional 2 energy per second for every second a projectile is actively controlled. Navigator will end if the projectile impacts an impenetrable object or enemy, if Ivara's energy is depleted, or if the ability is manually deactivated by pressing the ability key again (default
- Energy cost is affected by Power Efficiency, and the initial energy drain and energy drain growth are affected by Power Efficiency and Power Duration.
- The energy drain growth accelerates the energy drain while a projectile is actively controlled. As an example, Navigator's energy drain will be equal to 3 energy per second the instant a projectile becomes influenced by the ability. If the projectile is controlled for a total of 5 seconds, the energy drain will have increased to 3 + 2 × 5 = 13 energy per second.
- Navigator can only control one projectile at a time. If a weapon has innate or modded multishot, Navigator will randomly select one of the projectiles fired to control.
- Punch through mods on the equipped melee weapon will make the controlled projectile penetrate through any number of enemies or objects hit as long as the punch-through depth is sufficient to penetrate them, allowing control over the projectile to be maintained until the ability expires.
- If no projectile is being controlled, collecting any pickup will deactivate Navigator.
- Navigator affects arrows fired by Quiver and Artemis Bow.
Tips & Tricks
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Power Duration reduces initial energy drain to ~1.064 energy per second and energy drain growth to ~0.709 energy per second2.
- Reduces damage multiplier growth to ~0.355x per second.
- Maximized Power Efficiency reduces cost to 6.25 energy, initial energy drain to 0.75 energy per second, energy drain growth to 0.5 energy per second2, and increases damage multiplier growth to 2.5x per second.
- Has no negative effect on this ability.
- Maximized Power Range has no positive effect on this ability.
- Reduces maximum damage multiplier to 2x.
- Maximized Power Strength increases damage multiplier growth to ~1.379x per second and maximum damage multiplier to 14.95x.
- Increases cost to 38.75 energy, initial energy drain to 5.25 energy per second, and energy drain growth to 3.5 energy per second2.
Start a Discussion Discussions about Navigator
Retrieved from "https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Navigator?oldid=1199942"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.