Napalm Grenades is a Weapon Augment Mod for , , and that causes the grenades to leave a burning patch on the ground upon impact. The weapon also gains increased status chance, and its damage type is changed to purely and overall damage increased by ~73%.
Napalm Grenades could be obtained by reaching Rank 22 with Nightwave during Series 1 and Rank 13 during Intermission II.
- Overall damage will increase, though two parts of the damage still remain. As an example, an unmodified equipped with nothing but Napalm Grenades will deal 325 area of effect damage, as well as 325 direct impact damage. If either procs, the enemy will be dealt procs equal to 162 damage.
- Cannot be used with .
- The fire patches generated by this mod last about 5 seconds.
- When installed, Penta's grenades are changed to detonate on contact while still maintaining the manual detonation function with Alternate Fire allowing mid-air detonation and possible headshots on humanoid targets, also resulting in fire patches spawning mid-air.
- Unlike similar weapons such as , , and with , the fire patches generated by this mod do not deal direct damage, but instead proc status effect when enemies enter the effect radius. This deals very little damage regardless of the mods on the weapon, but causes enemies to flail around. This effect works on the player as well. The Heat status effect is not affected by status duration mods.
- Similar to most (or all) mods that increase base status chance, other mods that build off status will still go off of the weapons original base status, not the new status created by Napalm Grenades.
- When used with 's , it will create extra patches of fire.
- Unlike , the small fire patches range cannot be increased further, restricting the crowd control benefits of the bonus .
- When modded to create or , direct hits and the patches will still deal damage and status effects, though this is just for utility or crowd control as they will deal very low damage.
- Napalm Grenades changes the appearance of each individual grenade to a Grineer-like device, as opposed to the stick-shaped charges the Penta normally fires. These resemble the molotov-like grenades that Saturn Six Fugitives throw, making the same glass-shattering sound effect on impact and leaving the same yellowish-orange "stain" on the surface they explode against in addition to the fire.
- These effects are also shared with the Thermia Canisters used when fighting Exploiter Orb.
- The fire patch left behind is similar to the function of the old mod for the , before it was changed to a large fireball in the air instead of fire patches.
|Weapon Augments & Weapon-Exclusive Mods|
|Red Veil||• • •|
|Cephalon Suda||• • •|
|Steel Meridian||• • •|
|New Loka||• • •|
|The Perrin Sequence||• • •|
|Arbiters of Hexis||• • •|
|The Index||• • • •|
|Kela De Thaym||• • • • • • • •|
|Series 1||• •|
|Series 2||• •|
|Series 3||• •|
|Nora's Mix Volume 1||•|
|Nora's Mix Volume 2||•|
|Nightwave Offerings and Conclave Augments|
|• • • • • • •|
|• • • •|
|• • •|