Napalm Grenades can be obtained by reaching Rank 22 with Nightwave during Series 1.
- Overall damage will increase, though two parts of the damage still remain. As an example, an unmodified Secura Penta equipped with nothing but Napalm Grenades will deal 325 Heat area of effect damage, as well as 325 Heat direct impact damage. If either procs, the enemy will be dealt procs equal to 162 Heat damage.
- In addition, direct impacts will create a separate 100 Heat which procs, likely there only to guarantee that enemies hit directly will be set on fire.
- Cannot be used with Tether Grenades.
- The fire patches generated by this mod last about 5 seconds.
- When installed, Penta's grenades are changed to detonate on contact while still maintaining the manual detonation function with Alternate Fire allowing mid-air detonation and possible headshots on humanoid targets, also resulting in fire patches spawning mid-air.
- Adhesive Blast can be installed to prevent grenades from detonating on contact by making them stick to the object that they make contact with in which they can be manually detonated or will auto-detonate about 5 seconds after attachment.
- Unlike similar weapons such as Torid, Pox, Mutalist Cernos and Ogris with Nightwatch Napalm, the fire patches generated by this mod do not deal direct damage, but instead proc Heat status effect when enemies enter the effect radius. This deals very little damage regardless of the mods on the weapon, but causes enemies to flail around. This effect works on the player as well. The Heat status effect is not affected by status duration mods.
- Similar to most (or all) mods that increase base status chance, other mods that build off status will still go off of the weapons original base status, not the new status created by Napalm Grenades.
- Napalm Grenades changes the appearance of each individual grenade to a Grineer-like device, as opposed to the stick-shaped charges the Penta normally fires. These resemble the molotov-like grenades that Saturn Six Fugitives throw, making the same glass-shattering sound effect on impact and leaving the same yellowish-orange "stain" on the surface they explode against in addition to the fire.
- These effects are also shared with the Thermia Canisters used when fighting Exploiter Orb.
- The fire patch left behind is similar to the function of the old Nightwatch Napalm mod for the Ogris, before it was changed to a large fireball in the air instead of fire patches.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.